It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Serial Procrastinator (AWPC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
any feed back is appreciated good or bad or whatever?

Confessions of a Serial Procrastinator

I have the best job in the world where I get paid for selling people a line of whatever. I have many allies and detractors alike. They feed me money as if I’m their sugar daddy yet I fear them since one slip of my tongue could it all.

It is not I don’t see the end coming or the result of what is going to happen when the bills come due. I know what to do! I will just move the goal posts further down the road. If I stay in the bubble I can ignore the world not to my peril but to yours.

In my world, there is cash galore and at every turn they are throwing it at you… ten thousand here; a million here or there and then there are the perks of living in the bubble.

While my minions whittle away at the sacred tree of liberty from all sides I watch my approval rating slide I have no fear because the bubble is my friend.

The bubble is real and those outside the bubble don’t have a clue; They don’t have the access; They don’t have the money. But I fear them because they can destroy me and my world and prick my bubble when they vote against me, an incumbent!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

That's interesting, I wrote a story with the concept of anthropomorphism yesterday.

My initial idea was writing a story about politicians, suggesting they are not human, but merely have human traits. I decided to take another direction.

Is this what you were going for here?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat

I am really not sure,

I was trying to point out that they live in "a bubble of the surreal",yet they their bubble is fragile...I guess I was just rambling...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

That's ok buddy, there was nothing wrong with your story, but did you realize that this contest had the subject of

en.wikipedia.org...

Btw, I call dibs on the idea I just shared, I might write another one lol.
edit on 10-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat

I should have closed with, I'm Congress, an organization ....

actually my first thought of being a serial procrastinator is me

top topics

join