page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by WarminIndy

Not part of the topic of this thread.

The topic of which is; the people God shall not allow into heaven as stated in Deut.

edit on 10-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

The OP does not seem to realise that Deuteronomy 23 is NOT about those allowed or not allowed into Heaven, but about those allowed or not allowed into the "congregation of the Lord" here on Earth. The OP also seems to miss the reason for all the do's and don'ts: that the evil may be removed from your midst. God was putting forth rules for human conduct, much like preventive medicine. The OP might rather see evil run free, even revel in it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

whats the point of taking an exclusive covenant if your going to hell anyways?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Just noticing this thread, but, as a matter of personal opinion, in regard to all the experience I've had with Christians throughout life ...
I would NOT WANT to get into heaven.

Getting stuck in a place brimming to overflowing with Christians is actually my idea of Hell.

Give me the Egyptian afterlife, the Hindu cycle, Nordic Valhalla, the sweet oblivion of atheism, or anything else, but whatever happens, if anything happens at all, I by all means don't want to get stuck with a bunch of Christians for eternity.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Although I do not agree with the bible for the most part, I have always thought that it has some truth here and there scattered throughout the book through the technique of deciphering symbolical text explaining astrological information and other hidden messages.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So why then should we call him God? He is no God.

He is absolutely useless and we don't need him.

You're right, the Christian god is no god.

But there is something better out there...we just don't understand it...

the jewish god is no god, the christain god is more than an entity; he is the basis of the individual( God is within you). Like a continumm, the beginning/ source is god the end is the individual.

But the same information that god is within you exist in other religions too so why should I belive in Christianeties views of god that are written by humans caught up in duality? Just because a person is comforable with the view he/she follows do not mean the view of god is the most "Enlightning" view that tells you the most thruths and as little lies as possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3l3v3n
Although I do not agree with the bible for the most part, I have always thought that it has some truth here and there scattered throughout the book through the technique of deciphering symbolical text explaining astrological information and other hidden messages.

But then you are seeking thruth and not following the bible as all true as some religious people want you to. There is definite spiritual information there inspered by something but there are other sources/books that are better at giving a person Wisdom and spiritual information than the bible and without you have to ponder the real meaning and having to question manipulation.

The Bible is a perfect book of learning to question ego manipulation from other people and to teach a person to see thru human smallminded duality views/conditioning(brainwashing) and as a problembook for finding hidden messages.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69

Just noticing this thread, but, as a matter of personal opinion, in regard to all the experience I've had with Christians throughout life ...

Getting stuck in a place brimming to overflowing with Christians is actually my idea of Hell.

Give me the Egyptian afterlife, the Hindu cycle, Nordic Valhalla, the sweet oblivion of atheism, or anything else, but whatever happens, if anything happens at all, I by all means don't want to get stuck with a bunch of Christians for eternity.

edit on 8/11/2012 by WarminIndy because: needed to have a second endquote

OK so maybe you find something glamorous about those religions, but I have to ask this, why the Hindu cycles? Why discount Judeo-Christianity in favor of a religion that outwardly promotes the subjugation of others? Why are you attracted to a religion of caste system that allows for millions to die daily in need of help?

I was just wondering, that is all.
edit on 8/11/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The bible was authored by man which is why it's full of horsecrap. If God is real, and I don't know if it is or not then it won't be the God depicted in the bible, the bible is too contradictive, too spiteful and just too much in general.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Hudson69

edit on 8/11/2012 by WarminIndy because: needed to have a second endquote

OK so maybe you find something glamorous about those religions, but I have to ask this, why the Hindu cycles? Why discount Judeo-Christianity in favor of a religion that outwardly promotes the subjugation of others? Why are you attracted to a religion of caste system that allows for millions to die daily in need of help?

I was just wondering, that is all.
edit on 8/11/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

Is that not like blaming the Christians religon for there being homless people in the system of capitalist republic of USA? Just because a religon have high ideals do not mean it will be implemented by the people who are clearly not following their own teaching. If people followed Jesus/Buddha/Bhagavad Gitas teaching then all form of slavery thru ego parasitic power pyramids would not be allowed (be it thru capitalism, caste system, political system or other social structures).

People love to belive in higher ideals but when it comes to implement them they often fall short of caring when you have to pay for those higher ideals(myself included).

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Is that not like blaming the Christians religon for there being homless people in the system of capitalist republic of USA?

Are we entering a political debate? What does Christianity have to do with homeless people here? There are many Christian organizations helping homeless and hungry people. We have homeless shelters and food banks run from churches. Christianity and the capitalist system have nothing to do with each other.

Why are there so many homeless people? Are they all homeless because Christianity forced them into that? Absolutely not. In fact, Christianity in this country does not encourage homelessness at all. Judaism and Islam do not encourage homelessness and all three religions in this country do attempt to help those who are homeless and starving.

However, in the caste system which is solely, completely, absolutely a religious concept within Hinduism, is still a problem in India. But, in India, the government is attempting to remove the caste system by allowing "Untouchables" to have jobs and receive help. But the caste system remains within the religious expression. We are not looking at the government or the state of India with that perspective, we are looking at those who promote it, the religious adherents.

I think it is unfairly equating religion and government, which are separated in this country. Yes, Christians do say what they feel is right, the same as other religions do. But what people must understand is this, when a Proposition passes into law it is because a majority of those living in that area voted on it. If the majority in an area are Christian, Jew, Muslim, or whatever, votes then democracy has worked, even if the outcome is not one approved by another religious group or secular group. They had the right to vote their conscience, even if it is disagreeable to others.

Christianity does not promote homelessness and runs homeless shelters and food banks. But Christians know that they cannot force the government to make decisions. What they can do is explain their position and allow their followers to vote.

History has proven this, the Abolitionist movement began in churches. There were Christians who had slaves and there were Christians who did not have slaves. But the opposition to slavery began in churches, and imagine if it never happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Did you ever stop to think WHY God put these rules in place, just for one moment, did you think? You are a complete and utter imbecile.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
More luciferian nonsense. Recognize that satan simply means adversary and that lucifer shows himself to be the light, which is why jesus came to correct that.
God cannot manifest himself into some whitebeard that floats on the sky. He could but that would justify the mockery anti christians use for their solace and sun worship

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So... what you are basically saying is that you would like the same problems in Heaven as there has been on Earth???? Because that is what would happen.. groups would form in Heaven and be against eachother.... its best to just believe that Heaven will only have the Pure and Truthful in it.....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Oh my gosh you Anti-Christian bigots are so hilariouse you must wake up every morning and just curtle in hate over us and try and find ways to show God dosent exist. Yeah your quoats come from "Deuteronomy" THESE ARE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS OF THE PEOPLE. these have nothing to do with heaven or hell they have to do with being involved with jewish society. Also it wouldn't matter if they did deal with going to heaven or hell because ITS OLD TESTAMENT LAW.Under the new covenant we are covered by the blood of Jesus thats why we don't have to sacrifice like the jews.

So next time you want to start a thread about christians being bad or evil maybe you should do your research first.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If any take James Padgett seriously which I think I do, Jesus came to him to say that he is not happy with a whole lot of things in the bible.
Especially the one that calls him God ! Though I think he resides in a very high and glorious place, I think his communications show that James Padgett truly could be the real deal.

I believe "soul mates" were mentioned between James Padgett and his wife Helen. And she first introduced that Jesus was contacting him. So I do think there can be "soul mates" in the celestial heavens. I just do not have the understanding if there were same gender soul mates. I never read that in his writings. Not saying there isn't, just never read that.

Again, I do think that in many instances the bible really does have it wrong in a bunch of places and that Jesus is not happy about the discrepancies.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

To the OP...Deuteronomy is Old Testament. There's a New Covenant as of about 2000 years ago (you might have heard!) you're saying the bible is hate literature and should be banned is not only anti-American, it's non-sensical.

Your point is akin to saying, "Slavery is Legal in the United States (as long as the slaves are Black.)"

When an agreement is changed completely, which wupercedes the old agreement, the old agreement doesn't remain in force.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Blah blah blah bible blah blah blah...

when are people going to quit justifying
their narrow minded crap from a book of
fables?

I know the answer is never...not until our
Spacecat overloads come to reclaims
us as their pets.
edit on 12-8-2012 by clutch36hp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I don't get it...I thought the OT wasn't written until after Jesus died, and then suddenly, there's a NT that Jesus actually started!

That doesn't make sense...either OT and NT were written around the same time, or happened around the same time...or NT came BEFORE OT was ever written!!!

Am I getting this right?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by dogstar23

I don't get it...I thought the OT wasn't written until after Jesus died, and then suddenly, there's a NT that Jesus actually started!

That doesn't make sense...either OT and NT were written around the same time, or happened around the same time...or NT came BEFORE OT was ever written!!!

Am I getting this right?

What leads you to believe that the Old Testament was written after Jesus died? There are all of those references to him quoting scripture, where else would he be getting them from?

The Old Testament contains 39 books written from approximately 1500 to 400 BC, and the New Testament contains 27 books written from approximately 40 to 90 AD. The Jewish Bible (Tanakh) is the same as the Christian Old Testament, except for its book arrangement.

(Source)
edit on 12-8-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join