It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who shall not enter heaven.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Bible gives a list of people who shall not be allowed to enter heaven, and you know what? Homosexuals are not listed among them in general, but only a specific group of homosexuals shall not be allowed into heaven. This is why the Bible is hate literature and should be banned.

He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord.

3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the Lord for ever:

4 Because they met you not with bread and with water in the way, when ye came forth out of Egypt; and because they hired against thee Balaam the son of Beor of Pethor of Mesopotamia, to curse thee.

5 Nevertheless the Lord thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the Lord thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee, because the Lord thy God loved thee.

6 Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.

7 Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land.

8 The children that are begotten of them shall enter into the congregation of the Lord in their third generation.

9 When the host goeth forth against thine enemies, then keep thee from every wicked thing.

10 If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chanceth him by night, then shall he go abroad out of the camp, he shall not come within the camp:

11 But it shall be, when evening cometh on, he shall wash himself with water: and when the sun is down, he shall come into the camp again.

12 Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad:

13 And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:

14 For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.

15 Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee:

16 He shall dwell with thee, even among you, in that place which he shall choose in one of thy gates, where it liketh him best: thou shalt not oppress him.

17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

18 Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:

20 Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

21 When thou shalt vow a vow unto the Lord thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the Lord thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee.

22 But if thou shalt forbear to vow, it shall be no sin in thee.

23 That which is gone out of thy lips thou shalt keep and perform; even a freewill offering, according as thou hast vowed unto the Lord thy God, which thou hast promised with thy mouth.

24 When thou comest into thy neighbour's vineyard, then thou mayest eat grapes thy fill at thine own pleasure; but thou shalt not put any in thy vessel.

25 When thou comest into the standing corn of thy neighbour, then thou mayest pluck the ears with thine hand; but thou shalt not move a sickle unto thy neighbour's standing corn.

So there you go. The Bible is full of hatred, not just for homosexuals, but for many different kinds of people.

So in short, God is NOT a kind and loving God as people claim.

He is a harsh and cruel God who takes pleasure in causing pain and suffering to people who don't worship him.

Which makes him no better than Satan.

So why then should we call him God? He is no God.

He is absolutely useless and we don't need him.

Edit: I forgot to name the source. This is Deuteronomy, chapter 23.

edit on 10-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
blasphemy!sounds like you are also full of hatred.pot kettle,black.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This is a civil code and not a judgment of who goes to heaven. You forget the fundamental teaching of Jesus, "Love God and love thy neighbor as thyself". That means we are to include all those people you mentioned in showing love towards.

The Bible also says this "All liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire". I would think people should be concerned with making lies, believing lies, spreading lies and perpetuating lies that harm others. And if you want to say "Oh the church practices that all throughout history", let's be honest for a moment, shall we?

To make a lie or to spread a lie that causes harm to the dignity of another person is hate speech. That is also bigotry. Until we figure out how not to tell lies against other people, then perhaps we should be saying it is bigotry against liars?

Were you really honest in your criticism not understanding the context in which the verse was made, or the people to which it was given? That is a display of ignorance that led to hate speech on your part. Good show.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't see how this is a discussion, because you have already drawn all your conclusions.
So... I guess I'll ask if you are happy with what you have conjured up here?

ETA: I'm basically implying that if you have formed an idea of what god is, and you aren't happy with it, then why are you spreading it?
edit on 10-8-2012 by adrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
S&F That's just one example of "Gods" discrimination. The bible is nearly as hypocritical as the American government.

link   

So why then should we call him God? He is no God.

You're right, the Christian god is no god.

But there is something better out there...we just don't understand it...

link   

Well, I'm no fan of the God of the Old Testament, and I think he's a liar and an impostor, maybe Satan himself. But, to be fair, the scripture you're citing is from the Old Testament and refers to who may enter the Temple that the "Lord" gave instructions to Moses and Aaron on how to build it, how to decorate it and who may enter. This scripture isn't referring to Heaven. I don't recall the OT even promising a heaven or a hell.

On the other hand, Jesus promises grace to everyone, except those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, which resides as the spirit of mankind in every individual. Deliberately oppress the human/holy spirit and you don't get to go to heaven!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

Because that's what the Christians have been doing.

1st Amendment.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah, but the OP starts out by saying the Bible should be banned because it is hate literature?
By that logic, this thread should be banned

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi,

It might help if you listed in parethesis the area of the Bible from which each of your citations originated.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

So you're an anti-semite, whoop dee doo. You spent an awful lot of time whining about something you think doesn't exist, why not just go off and hate in private?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

There is no such thing as logic when religion is involved.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Hi,

It might help if you listed in parethesis the area of the Bible from which each of your citations originated.

Thanks!

It's a copy and paste of Deuteronomy 23.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know why I even bother, my signature applies to most on here, but here it goes:

All of the verses you posted have nothing to do with entering into heaven, but with joining with the congregation wandering in the desert.

You should have used 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, it says it in no uncertain terms

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

But there is hope............

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God

Repent now, and trust in the Savior before it is too late
edit on 10-8-2012 by kingofmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by adrift

There is no such thing as logic when religion is involved.

Oh sorry, I see what this thread is. Some of you might as well add your motives to your signatures, so I don't make this mistake again

For people interested in the actual topic, I think that heaven is a state of mind, and how can that ever be discriminatory.
Peace out........... :Jumps thread:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah, but the OP starts out by saying the Bible should be banned because it is hate literature?
By that logic, this thread should be banned

Maybe it shouldn't be "banned" as such, but maybe it should come with warning labels and disclaimers. You know, something like: "Please don't try this at home!" "Killing your sister for being raped is not advised by the distributors of this book!" "Warning! Adhereing to these beliefs may wind your arse in jail!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Those verses have EVERYTHING to do with entering heaven.

Heaven itself is a Church. The only difference being that you worship God FOR ALL ETERNITY instead of just one single lifetime.

So how can heaven not be a Church?

And the worshipers in heaven, are a congregation.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Generally, being "righteous" causes a lot of people to justify their horrendous acts of "faith" using "God".

If you look over at African history, you can see exactly what I'm talking about. People love nothing more than an excuse to one-up each other...it provides a sense of security in life. And so, when you have the power of "God" behind you, you immediately go out on the "king's errand" to rustle up as many idiots as you can and offer them a choice: convert or die.

Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The only difference being that you worship God FOR ALL ETERNITY

...so, what time does the Greyhound leave for Hell?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I feel that this forum should be banned instead of the 911 forum.

If there ever was a subject that causes hate and disruption, where a middleground will never be reached, it is this subject.

No offense to you OP.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join