It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! Walmart Shoppers!! Monsanto GE Sweet Corn to Hit Walmart Shelves!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Walmart bashing thread?

Here is a list of things i buy from Wal-mart. Prarie farms milk, Great Day farms eggs(you can recycle the container), Prarie Gold Non-Gmo wheat flour, Harvestland Chicken, Delmonte fruits,unearthed potatoes, Olive oil, Yeast, Organic Cereal. Hell and plus they have a culligan water dispenser with a RO filter on it.

Anything wrong with those?

I can see deciding to not buy GMO products but why exactly discount items that are not gmo? The only issue i see with Wal-mart is GMO and their beef. Plus everywhere you turn the things you see are made in China.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
All i got to say is :

Very upstanding well behaved ummmmmm people there. Id love to see 20-40 dudes step out from behind doors with REM870 filled with salt or very light bird shot. Start shooting these sub humans in the face. Drop about 50-100 of them right where they stand (next to the watermelons by the look of the video) and ill bet the next flash mob will be a LOT smaller in size. Plus your doing your country a service getting rid of these sub humans. Come on man, please?

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I buy my ammo there. I also have a fairly decent Kershaw knife I bought there. And some other hunting gear (camo pants, etc, etc). I don't often use any of those items, except the ammo. I use quite a bit of that, and it is the only place in my town to buy any of that stuff.

I will also buy electronics there, as the only other option is Radio Shack (who wants to pay Radio Shack mark ups?)

Clothing...maybe underwear, etc (for the same reason as above), but not pants/shirts (they are horrible quality, fade with the first wash).

But, despite all that...i NEVER buy food there.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
BOYCOTT WALMART!! All they sell is sh$t anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
Walmart bashing thread?

Here is a list of things i buy from Wal-mart. Prarie farms milk, Great Day farms eggs(you can recycle the container), Prarie Gold Non-Gmo wheat flour, Harvestland Chicken, Delmonte fruits,unearthed potatoes, Olive oil, Yeast, Organic Cereal. Hell and plus they have a culligan water dispenser with a RO filter on it.

Anything wrong with those?

I can see deciding to not buy GMO products but why exactly discount items that are not gmo? The only issue i see with Wal-mart is GMO and their beef. Plus everywhere you turn the things you see are made in China.

Not specifically a thread to bash walmart.. Not saying i don;t have issue with them. They ruin small towns, kill small ma & pa shops, etc..

More than anything, I want to warn people who may buy this corn, as it will NOT be labelled as GMO corn! I know they sell other organic and other non-gm products, and thats good. Options are good. However, people will be buying this corn, the FIRST GM corn that is to go direct to consumers instead of being processed first AND it WILL NOT be labelled!
Trying to spread the word thats all friend

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I bought groceries at Wal Mart one time (the last time), I didnt really notice much price difference from where I usually get them, H.E.B and the meat products were much lesser quality.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
WARNING walmart shoppers....STOP SHOPPING AT WALMART..!!!!

it doesnt matter if walmart has good organic food or whatever you may buy, its the fact that a giant corporation can come into city, pull the rug out from all the independent store owners and keep the cycle of overseas cheap products and sweatshop labor going all to feed into the cycle of useless consumerism and debt for the local community you live in. no offense but connect the dots people! this is bigger than eggs and cheese....
edit on 10-8-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Are you aware that both GMO corn and GMO soy are registered as pesticides with the EPA? Do you really want to be eating that stuff?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Who would buy sweetcorn from walmart anyways? If I saw it I would obviously assume its been packed and shipped in bulk and is not fresh at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
BOYCOTT WALMART!! All they sell is sh$t anyway.

These kind of comments make me laugh....because they are blatantly false...
Yes, they do sell crap (clothing for sure). And yes, I truly believe their food quality is not up to par...nor consumption...

However, not everything found at Walmart is crap....they sell the same things you can find at Target (love) or any grocery store - the exact same things - same brands - but cheaper....such as toiletries and other household items (cleaners, etc)....even electronics. All of my TVs are Vizio and have outlived EVERY other top name brand ive had and are much cheaper and same or better quality....I was hard to sell on that...as I admit...im a brand snob!

There are some things (as mentioned above) that I will be from Walmart because if I were to buy those things at my neighborhood grocery store, the markup could be well over $1 per item....

Anyways...just my opinion....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Here in the south you pretty much can find ammo and gun stores anywhere, due to the state been very friendly to the rights to arms.

Plus been a big hunting state also you can find most of your hunting needs in the same stores you get your ammo and guns.

We even have a gun and ammo store here in own neighborhood next to Publix grocery stores.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join