It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! Walmart Shoppers!! Monsanto GE Sweet Corn to Hit Walmart Shelves!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok, there was a thread about this earlier this year, however this is confirmation direct from the company!
Also, the prvious thread has had its youtube videos removed from Youtube (wierd eh?
) here it is if you wanna check it out: www.abovetopsecret.com...

They will NOT label the corn as GE/GMO and you should know that this is the first GM food that Monsanto has created that goes directly from the farm to the consumer, instad of being processed and used as ingredients in other products! Lucky us! We get direct BT toxin straight from the fields!

Monsanto GE Sweet Corn to Hit Walmart Shelves
From EcoWatch.org

Like it or not, Monsanto’s genetically modified sweet corn will soon be arriving on grocery store shelves of the world’s largest retailer, Walmart Stores, Inc., and will not be labeled as such. Despite an onslaught of consumer pressure, the company confirmed late last week with the Chicago Tribune that it has no objection to selling the new crop of Monsanto’s genetically modified (GE) sweet corn.

Other retailers, including the grocery chains Safeway and Kroger, have not responded on the issue, however Whole Foods, Trader Joes and General Mills have all vowed to not carry or use the GE sweet corn. As the country’s largest grocery retailer, Walmart sells $129 billion worth of food a year, giving it unmatched power in shaping the food supply chain.

One side, its good to see soome retailers NOT going with this death corn, however a large portion of the population buys most of their food from Walmart now.. sad

The GE sweet corn is the first consumer product developed by Monsanto that will go straight from the farm to the consumer’s plate, rather than first being processed into animal feed, sugars, oils, fibers and other ingredients found in a wide variety of conventional food. It is engineered to be resistant to Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide, the active ingredient of which is glyphosate. The product is also designed to produce a Bt toxin that will kill insects that feed on the plant. Monsanto’s new sweet corn is being harvested in the Midwest, Northwest, Southeast and Texas.

“After closely looking at both sides of the debate and collaborating with a number of respected food safety experts, we see no scientifically validated safety reasons to implement restrictions on this product,” Walmart officials told the Tribune.

So there ya go folks! DO NOT BUY the 'Sweet Corn' you will see in Walmart stores soon! Well, unless you enjoy the taste and possible health issues associated with BT toxin and GM foods. Did you know that more evidence has come out that 3rd and 4th generation of hamsters eating GM foods have become sterile!?!?!
source

Russian biologists have found that hamsters fed a GMO soybean diet to become infertile after three generations. Reported recently in the Huffington Post, this dramatically concerning discovery raises a lot more questions about the malignant and rapidly expanding genetically modified organisms already known to cause a variety of health problems like allergies, cancer, and auto-immune diseases just to name a few

As a side not, the original article was from the Chicago Tribune HOWEVER, the article has disappeared from their website (Weird, no?!) Doing due diligence i did a search on the Tribune website,
- Obivoulsy from a 'Cache' because when you click the link, it is '404'ed'.. of course. It would not suprise me that they (they being Monsanto) had the article removed.. why would they want everyone to know that you are going to be eating GM foods direct from the fields?!! UGH!
I have tried to contact the Chicago Tribune to ask what happened to the article and if I could please have a copy of it, I'm not getting my hopes up, but if they for some miraculous reason send it to me, I will post it. I also wanted to know if this was only the US (sorry American friends
) or if this is also going to be in Walmart stores in Canada and elsewhere! If i get an answer i will add it to the thread.

My warrning - So, please please folks.. Tell your friends! Tell your Family! Sit infront of Walmart and tell your fellow citizen! Unless you potentially want BT toxin in YOUR blood (ATS thread), in YOUR system, DO NOT BUY/EAT IT! If you go to a BBQ, rememebr to ask where they got the corn from!

These GM foods are severly undertested, have evidence that they cause many different health issues and are ruining the lives of farmers around the world! Monsanto is EVIL!!

Check out some of the many, many, related Monsanto threads at the bottom and PLEASE FRIENDS, spread the word!!!!!!

Thoughts?!

Toxin from GM crops found in human blood
EPA CONFIRMS Monsanto ecological Disaster: GMO Corn has bred Mutant, bT-resistant Super Bugs
Study: Bt toxin in GM crops kills non-target species
Dangerous Toxins From Genetically Modified Plants Found in Women and Fetuses
'Monsanto Protection Act' to grant biotech industry total immunity over GM crops
Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling
The 'Monsanto Rider': Are Biotech Companies About to Gain Immunity from Federal Law?
5 Million Farmers Sue Monsanto for $7.7 Billion
Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France's Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize
More Monsanto Corruption! Monsanto linked to coup that ousted Paraguayan president-VIDEO

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Warnings are not needed for Walmart shoppers. Does anyone think they have standards?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamTyD
Warnings are not needed for Walmart shoppers. Does anyone think they have standards?

Exactly.
Good catch Monsanto labelling, and the 404'd screen grab. The more ways this is told, the better.

Altho why WHY do people shop at walmart?? Have they not devastated enough communities and local economies enough yet?!
They advertise lost leaders, same as everywhere else - we are all led to think their prices are all cheaper, but they're not.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
While I understand why some shop at Walmart for groceries, you could not pay me enough to buy my groceries from there. How many times have they had recalls on MEAT?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I already assumed ALL GMO's were sold at Walmart.
Who else would really take them into their stores?

I assume the markets that sell Aspartame sweeteners and HFCS everything probably have a good amount of GMO's as well. Frankenfoods have been around for years, so who is selling them to the public? Big chain stores I'd assume, like Walmart, Stop N Shop, Shaw's, and whatever other chain markets exist.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Simple. Dont eat corn.

Corn lacks any real nutritional value

Corn is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, as well as sodium. It's also a good source of dietary fiber, thiamin and folate. However, 82 percent of the calories in this food are from carbohydrates. This high-carbohydrate content is why corn can be used to make corn syrup a low-priced sugar alternative

Source

Coupled with being hard to digest, its seems simple to me not to eat it. Dont get me wrong, its tastes great, especially when done on the BBQ.

Corn startch is a filler.....at the end of the day it will just make you fat. Eat other assorted fruits, vegetables and meats. Crisis averted

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Double post. Delete
edit on 10-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: double post

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Once you start growing a 3rd arm from eatting the GM Corn, I would advise you to stop.

"hey that guy has a 3rd arm, he must shop at walmart"

edit on 10-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The main concern here is the bottom line for these companies.

Walmart needs low costs and large quantities to make its business model work. Monsanto is the same in dealing with Walmart. Use GE crops to produce greater yeilds to lower costs and move more volume.

They make quite a romatic couple.
They share so many interests. World Domination and Money

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All i got to say is :

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
GMO's will be around for a long time... until they negatively effect someone "important", and all of us here do not fall into that category. I would even venture to say the Obama's do not fall into that either. I'm talking about rich white old wealth bloodline folks.

When GMO's start retarding the Rockefellers & Rothschilds grand kids, then we might see them pulled... except in poor communities.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't touch Walmart. I think their produce is horrible. The only thing i've ever bought there has been charcoal for my grill.

I hit the local farmer's markets for produce and Costco for everything else.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
The main concern here is the bottom line for these companies.

Walmart needs low costs and large quantities to make its business model work. Monsanto is the same in dealing with Walmart. Use GE crops to produce greater yeilds to lower costs and move more volume.

They make quite a romatic couple.
They share so many interests. World Domination and Money

Agreed! However, the GM crops actually don't have higher yields!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Who needs Planned Parenthood??? When Walmart is going to sell GMO food which could over time work like birth control....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Can't forget this classic, then all the people getting trampled to death like that one employee that was just opening the doors... how much would someone have to pay you to do that eh? lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

Two places you never buy food:

- Wal Mart
- Dollar Stores

Note, i am not concerned about the NYC hot dog vendors and their toilet water, or the burritos you can buy out of someone's trunk here in West Texas. At least with bacteria I have a fighting chance.

I mean, have you actually looked at what passes for meat there? The meat looks like sewer drain covers. Atrocious produce, horrible cheeses. It is disgusting quality food, even if it has a national label. Wal Mart is big enough for national brands to reformulate a specific product that meets Wal Marts pricing standards, and is still profitable for them.

I shop at HEB. It is Texas based/owned, and does all its charity in Texas.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onethatisrampant

Natural Selection.

It works! (unlike most Wal Mart shoppers)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I personally am lucky to have the options not to shop there for food, however have family/friends in other places who do not have such a flexible option. So, had reminded them to research the brands and Wal Mart food sources they buy at the store. Also, that I believe it was the Documentary, Food Inc., that said some Wal Marts had started selling Non GMO option due to community demand. There's an opportunity if a must for shopping in your local, pull together to let them know what people want.
Also, I found that for those who don't shop for food at Wal-Mart but have to access food banks; some Wal-Marts donate to them so be weary of the corn.

edit on 10-8-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
While I understand why some shop at Walmart for groceries, you could not pay me enough to buy my groceries from there. How many times have they had recalls on MEAT?

Where I live they are the only chain that only sells pre-packaged meats. No thanks, I still got stores with fresh cuts, not to mention real produce. Besides I don't think their prices are all that great anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well here in my neck of the woods Walmart caters to unwed welfare and very poor consumers taking into consideration that we rank 3 in the most obese states in nation, you can pretty much deduce what kind of food people buys in Walmart knowingly or unknowingly.

Personally I have not purchase anything in walmart in the last 2 years.

Good luck with all those Walmart shoppers that think Walmart is the best thing since apple pie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join