It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO LOS ANGELES 08.10.2012 (real or cgi?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have really kind of reached a reluctance to post any kind of "ufo captures" around here anymore because, well, Im sure some of you know how tough it can be. Then again, I feel one must post them just in case.

I have a feeling this one might go viral pretty quick as it seems to have the same flash type we saw in the Jerusalem film. Maybe my first clue it might be fake or visa versa. Who knows. The good news is it is a short film, no silly music, seems it was taken this morning in LA.Pretty clear footage, and it doesn't appear that the poster has a habit of posting a lot of ufo videos on their channel.

Just to add, if you can watch it full screen you will see that it seems to hang around higher up in the some red type light?

Anyhow, here it is, curious as to what you all think:
Note, title is original posters

edit on 10/8/12 by onehuman because: added info

edit on 10/8/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

olly's Blurbs

About me: HELLO. this is my myspace page . I am a Filmmaker . some of my films are on this page . Filmmaking is hard work . It is a skill that takes years to master . it is time to make some good films . modern cinema has gone down the #ter . don't worry I am gonna sort that one out . here is a short film to start with .

From his MySpace page.

Needs to add some sound, will make it more realistic....

edit on 10-8-2012 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Apart rockets, that leave smoke trails, I cannot think of anything made made that moves as fast as that, straight up, hell, at that speed it would reach the moon in a hour (perhaps!)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The mere fact that it's posted on YouTube under the Film & Animation category should tell one a lot about it's 'authenticity'.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Exactly. Not to mention it looks like a copycat of Jerusalem.

Close thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
not to mention it looks exactly like the fake Jerusalem UFO from the hovering to descending, flashing and then blasting off. that plus he makes videos and films is a tip off.

edit: dplum517 just beat me too it

edit on 8/10/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
definitely cool!
i'm no computer wizz, or a cgi expert,so i have no idea if this could be faked or not.
ive seen many really good videos that i cant explain,but as you know,the 'swamp gas' crowd will be here soon!

i know what you mean by being reluctant to post these things,as am i.
good find though
s&f for you!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

olly's Blurbs

About me: HELLO. this is my myspace page . I am a Filmmaker . some of my films are on this page . Filmmaking is hard work . It is a skill that takes years to master . it is time to make some good films . modern cinema has gone down the #ter . don't worry I am gonna sort that one out . here is a short film to start with .

From his MySpace page.

Needs to add some sound, will make it more realistic....

edit on 10-8-2012 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

BANG!
Good catch.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Too me no expert and it is pretty early on the west coast for logical thought from me, but looks eeriely close to the dome of the rock vid, in my opinion like some one did some handy work to patch the two together if thats even possible. My 2 cents on what i saw

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

Agree, it's the exact same concept and movement of the Jerusalem UFO which was proven to be fake (due to the simultaneous presence of progressive and interlaced video, which is impossible.

I'd venture to say if this video were analyzed, there would be a similar take away.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by onehuman
I have really kind of reached a reluctance to post any kind of "ufo captures" around here anymore because, well, Im sure some of you know how tough it can be.

Yes. Please stop wasting our time

Meh. You got plenty of time,
you're on ATS.
You gotta take the good with the not so good.
Never stop posting OP, thats what its all about.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thanks for posting, it is interesting footage, however as others have said there is a high probability that he made it himself considering his hobby/career choice. Having said that though, is there some unwritten law I don't know about that excludes any film maker from ever seeing a UFO? None of his other work is UFO related, there is in fact a possibility that he just saw something and filmed, although of course that is conjecture.

I posted on YouTube asking whether he is claiming this is a sighting (as it would appear from his introduction on YouTube for the clip) or whether it was one of his film making projects. I will wait to see if he replies and what he says before making any further judgement.

Seems to me there are too many people on here who just automatically come on and claim fake with nothing to substantiate that claim and they are just as bad as those who believe everything. And some of the dismissive comments on here are really quite pathetic, someone posts because they spot something they think may be of interest to others, it does not deserve insults. In fact the poster did what he hoped to do, get the interest of others, I am interested, so it was not a wasted post.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I have really kind of reached a reluctance to post any kind of "ufo captures" around here anymore because, well, Im sure some of you know how tough it can be.

Yes. Please stop wasting our time

Well, thanks for that, one really feels the love there with that comment. Sorry I wasted 57 seconds of your time. It must be so precious for you.

I tried to state in my op that I wasnt so sure but thought it deserved to be looked at just in case. I mean sure wouldnt it be a poetic weirdness that the guy is a film maker and the one time he actually does catch something it is written off as someone crying wolf.

I also cant help but wonder how many members around here might have actually run across something that might be very legitimate footage, or filmed some of their own, but will refrain from posting it here just because of comments like that. Just how much might ATS actually be missing out on?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, thanks for that, one really feels the love there with that comment. Sorry I wasted 57 seconds of your time. It must be so precious for you.

I tried to state in my op that I wasnt so sure but thought it deserved to be looked at just in case. I mean sure wouldnt it be a poetic weirdness that the guy is a film maker and the one time he actually does catch something it is written off as someone crying wolf.

I also cant help but wonder how many members around here might have actually run across something that might be very legitimate footage, or filmed some of their own, but will refrain from posting it here just because of comments like that. Just how much might ATS actually be missing out on?

Sorry if it came across as being harsh and please don't take it personally but like another contributor mentioned - if you did 20 seconds of research you would have picked up on it possibly being fake/hoax/misidentified.

The reason it garnishes such a reaction is simply having to wade through all the "chaff" when looking for something that might be truly unidentified. I'm sure you can appreciate that
edit on 10-8-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Fake camera movement also gives it away. Off to the hoax bin.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I have really kind of reached a reluctance to post any kind of "ufo captures" around here anymore because, well, Im sure some of you know how tough it can be. Then again, I feel one must post them just in case.

I have a feeling this one might go viral pretty quick as it seems to have the same flash type we saw in the Jerusalem film. Maybe my first clue it might be fake or visa versa. Who knows. The good news is it is a short film, no silly music, seems it was taken this morning in LA.Pretty clear footage, and it doesn't appear that the poster has a habit of posting a lot of ufo videos on their channel.

Just to add, if you can watch it full screen you will see that it seems to hang around higher up in the some red type light?

Anyhow, here it is, curious as to what you all think:
Note, title is original posters

edit on 10/8/12 by onehuman because: added info

edit on 10/8/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

For me, 99% CGI.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I posted on YouTube asking whether he is claiming this is a sighting (as it would appear from his introduction on YouTube for the clip) or whether it was one of his film making projects. I will wait to see if he replies and what he says before making any further judgement.

Interesting, the comment no longer exists. Wha happen?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

it looks nothing like the Jerusalem ufo if it does then you only saw the fake ufo footage that came after the originals

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join