It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor emails reveal secret, widespread TrapWire surveillance system all across USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Former senior intelligence officials have created a detailed surveillance system more accurate than modern facial recognition technology — and have installed it across the US under the radar of most Americans, according to emails hacked by Anonymous.

Every few seconds, data picked up at surveillance points in major cities and landmarks across the United States are recorded digitally on the spot, then encrypted and instantaneously delivered to a fortified central database center at an undisclosed location to be aggregated with other intelligence. It’s part of a program called TrapWire and it's the brainchild of the Abraxas, a Northern Virginia company staffed with elite from America’s intelligence community. The employee roster at Arbaxas reads like a who’s who of agents once with the Pentagon, CIA and other government entities according to their public LinkedIn profiles, and the corporation's ties are assumed to go deeper than even documented.

The details on Abraxas and, to an even greater extent TrapWire, are scarce, however, and not without reason. For a program touted as a tool to thwart terrorism and monitor activity meant to be under wraps, its understandable that Abraxas would want the program’s public presence to be relatively limited. But thanks to last year’s hack of the Strategic Forecasting intelligence agency, or Stratfor, all of that is quickly changing.

rt.com...

More at link.

Nope. Big Brother is no longer a myth, or some wacko conspiracy theory. They're watching you. For sure. Thank God I moved out of the big city years ago.

But it's perfectly ok, because they are all public places. Uh huh. Thanks, Hitler.

I pull up to a fricken McDonalds the other day in the drive-thru, and I go to pay the cashier, and there's a camera pointed right at me. Pull up to the ATM, there's another. They don't even have this total BS in Iran.

Amerika.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
don't know if this is related, but I thought it was kind of weird...

I went to recycle my aluminum cans yesterday. I save them up all year and then return them at start of school to help out our budget. When I went around to the booth to collect my money the lady ask if I return cans often. I said no but I do come in maybe 2xs a year. She asked for my ID and then scanned it and looked up my drivers lic. number on her computer. NEVER have I been asked for ID when recycling..I had 40 dollars worth of recycling...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wonder if George Orwell knew how spot on he was going to be in the near future.. big brother just keeps on getting bigger and bigger and power is only going to centralize further.

The NWO is upon us.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Army spy blimp rt.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Most recycle places do that. Its creepy. Me and my buddy went to turn in copper a few times(hes an electrician he didnt steal it), and they made him take his picture each time we went there.

I said "I will wait out here while you do that".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So avoid National Monuments- big cities- and anywhere that has a lot of camera flashes from tourists?

I am moving out of Vegas by the end of the year and probably going either to Oregon or up north to the Dakotas for work.(burrr cold)...gotta make that money though.

Vegas isnt what it once was, it has been over run by illegal immigrants- the cops are d^cks-and there is no work. Community here just went down the toilet, and it seems as if everyone out here is a stranger(because they are).

So I figure I can do without the illegals-the cops- and the soaring high unemployment here and go find a nice place (even if I have to freeze my ass off) and work till I can make some decent money again.
Hell, I wouldnt mind some peace and quiet either, getting to know the land once again, and living life the way it was meant to be lived, instead of living in these types of conditions on a daily basis.

Im tired of all the BS that we have to go through on a day to day basis living in this city...and I used to really love it here. I always told people that left "You will be back"...cause they usually did come back.
Nowadays- people are leaving- and they are leaving for good.
Economic conditions here suck big time when 6 years ago we were on the top of the food chain.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As much as im sure the government is trying its best to keep tabs on us all, this is RT after all.

No real reason to believe anything from RT.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's a little hard to frown on anything like this, since my car was broke into last year. They took my iPhone, and some Credence tapes, too.

My bet is that they have some promising leads they haven't told me about yet.
edit on 10-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Neopan100

Most recycle places do that. Its creepy. Me and my buddy went to turn in copper a few times(hes an electrician he didnt steal it), and they made him take his picture each time we went there.

I said "I will wait out here while you do that".

Well, you know, at least this particular part of it doesn't absolutely have to be quite so sinister (even though I don't really trust anything TPTB do or say). If you were trying to set up a system to catch people who might not be documented (illegal aliens and so forth) or potential foreign terrorists, recycling centers would be a logical place to look for them to show up. You don't generally get a lot of money for recycling but it probably used to be a way to make some money without leaving too many tracks. It would have been appealing to someone trying to keep a low profile.

I'm not really taking up for them but at least this kind of makes sense.
edit on 10-8-2012 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We surely pay huge sums to this company which pay big salaries to these ex gov guys that are wrapping a police state around us. Got us at both ends.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Almost sounds like similar technology used on the TV show Person of Interest....(a great show, IMO)

Reese's special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law, using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the "person of interest" and stop the crime before it happens.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's some pretty interesting stuff.

And Orwellian....

www.trapwire.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Almost sounds like similar technology used on the TV show Person of Interest....(a great show, IMO)

Reese's special training in covert operations appeals to Finch, a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law, using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the "person of interest" and stop the crime before it happens.

I was thinking the same thing when looking at the TrapWire website.

And i agree...excellent show!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is important people. WTF. We are all #ed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

edit on 11-8-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
seriously guys. wikileaks and all of its mirrors don't go down for a week from being hacked by stupid kids. This is big news. Big brother is 100% legit. The perfect police state is being implemented under our noses. This keeps getting buried and I feel it shouldn't. If you check out pastebin you can search for copies of the e-mails. keyword: trapwire.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

Yeah, no question any more. Secret's out, whether it comes from RT or the next guy. Amerika is here.

But the question is, what can we do about it?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well looks like WikiLeaks is back up, after the incessant DOS attacks.

Trapwire connection

Wikileaks Press, a Wikileaks-endorsed website that publishes news about the organisation, noted that the attack had started shortly after emails were leaked about surveillance by software company Trapwire.

www.bbc.com...

top topics

join