It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It will end when the American Public want it to end and no sooner.
Until then it will keep happening AND....it WILL keep getting worse!
YES....WORSE!!

I'll bet 5 yrs ago you would have argued with me if I told you one day in the near future
you will hear reports of cops strip searching innocent civilians on the side of the highway and forcibly removing tampons from their vaginas.

I am here to tell you that things ARE NOT going to just start getting better.
It just isn't the way the world works.
Rights,liberties,and freedoms don't just get handed back to you.
People who have become drunk on their own sense of power and control don't just one day up and decide they've had enough of abusing their power and control and decide to stop.

It will HAVE TO BE fought for if it is ever to be returned!!!!!!!!
MARK MY WORDS!!!!!
It WILL only get WORSE until we decide we've had enough.

Guess what???

We haven't had enough.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately the blue wall is still going strong. Even the local PDs have covered for Sheriff in my county, last year I was part of a jury that sent a sheriff's deputy to jail for OWI and thankfully he lost his job as well, but initially the local PD let him go.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

I understand your POV, but sadly I know too many police to dismiss this as not likely to be true, I have listened to too many stories and seen the gleam in their eyes as they recount how they violated their sworn oath to the people. Too many times have I seen the police declare themselves above the law, and their unions reaffirm that belief. The cops are on our side, when it means the citizen showers them with praise and they proudly declare, Just doing my job mam Then five minutes later they are abusing a guy who they caught J-walking

I second this. I've heard it from them with my own ears, in person.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cha-Ching!

I see a nice pay day for her.
She needs to sue the crap out of the city.
Unfortunately that's the only way to get a change to happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If this is true, it is beyond outrageous. However, is there any evidence, any witnesses besides children? If this happened on the roadside, in front of other motorists, someone had to see. What about a police dashcam? How long after this alleged incident was it before a lawsuit was filed? Was a complaint made at the time? Is there an updated report?

I am not sure if I hope there is good evidence, or hope that it is all nonsense. If it happened, then I hope that the cop(s) responsible are punished. I would rather learn it's all a lie, because, wow, if that can happen, we are in big trouble.

Then again, I think we are already in big trouble....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

She might win. Then the cop will get a month of with pay.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've read the thread, there are a few voices of sanity. I wish the rest of you would not jump to conclusions, then use those unsupported conclusions to hate and attack. What's wrong with you?

www.independentsentinel.com...

Update: 8/10: 16:12 : The police of Citrus County Florida have issued the following statement and it does not make Ms. Tarantino look good. It might just be another crazy lawsuit. We know that in a free country, we are going to have lots of those.

Ref: Civil action filed on August 3, 2012, by Leila Tarantino, Plaintiff

The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office wants to go on record as saying the allegations made in this lawsuit are not only ludicrous, but completely untrue. Yes, a traffic stop was conducted on July 17, 2011. The plaintiff was issued a criminal citation for violation of restrictions on her driver’s license. She also was issued a written warning for rolling through a stop sign.

No strip search was conducted, and the plaintiff’s tampon was never forcibly removed by any deputy.

It is the Sheriff’s Office intent to aggressively defend itself against these malicious allegations.

Issued 08/10/12

Update: 8/10: Arrest record for Leila Tarantino, DUI, June, 2011. I have placed a call to the Citrus County police and hope to have the other side of this story soon, if there is a story.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I hear ya. It's gonna get much, much worst. And those that do stand up right now get vilified due to the lack of support. I don't want it but civilwar might be the only way to go. Hit the reset button, start over and hope for the best.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That is one time that I would be going to jail. What is wrong with these people? I'm surprised she maintained composure. I guess a lawsuit for this act would be a good motivator to remain calm. I'm not sure I could do that though.

This is what happens when cops become paranoid. He's probably been watching her for months, waiting for the chance to do this. He just KNEW she was a drugy. Now he has egg on his face and a lawsuit on his hands. Good job MORON.
edit on 10-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by camaro68ss

We need a mix of The Equalizer, and The Punisher, to make these types of violations against humanity a thing that officers wouldn't dare consider being a part of!

Instead of a lawsuit, you get a late night visit from someone far more evil and capable than your little roadside antics. Once it happens a few times, and word gets out, maybe officers would find their manners again.
edit on 10-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I'm with you 100%. But, why stop there? There are a lot of morons out there that need a late night visit. Drug dealers, pedo's, drunk drivers, wife beaters, gang members, tough guys that think they can terrorize people just because they're big...

Look, I know I'll get bashed for this, but respect for others comes from a genuine fear of what others might do to you, and you, and me... Sad part is, no one fears the law anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by ronnieray123

And my personal experience tells me different. Does that make me naive? No. It means that I've had different experiences than you.

My experience has shown me that police officers deal with the worst of human nature. True, they voluntarily take the job and can quit at any time. But they also know what will happen to a society that doesn't have law enforcement. Do you? Do you know what would've happened to this society if every major criminal who has ever been locked up, hadn't been? I'm sorry to make you think about such things, but you really should.

You need to get out of your own little world and realize that just because you grew up with bad cops, that doesn't make them all bad. There were bikers who lived in my hometown when I was growing up, I think they called themselves The Banditos and, while I was growing up, I thought all bikers were bad. You know what happened?

I grew up.

I came to realize that there's good and bad in everyone. Yes, believe it or not, even cops and bikers.

The deception that the bad cop is a rarity is what I find distressing. I guess your view on what constitutes a bad cop is different than mine.
In my world, the one you denied validity of and replaced with yours , any cop who knows of a bad cop and does nothing to insure his removal from the force....is himself a bad cop.
Any cop that covers for the actions of a bad cop, you know like looking away as his partner is using excessive force and claiming he saw nothing.....is a bad cop.
You see just because a cop did not himself violate his oath.....it does not make him a good cop. It makes him a good union member. Big difference
Now allow me to smash your reasoning to tiny bits.
If there was so many more good cops than bad, the good ones would refuse to work with the others and demand they be fired. Before too long there would not be a bad cop in the bunch because the 99% can easily oust the 1%.
Instead we have good cop see bad cop prosper, good cop sees bad cop day in and day out live above the law and before too long we end up with one more bad cop.. Who in turn lets a rookie see him living above the law and the process repeats

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
If this is true, it is beyond outrageous. However, is there any evidence, any witnesses besides children?

What has always P'd me off is that cops seem to think they can detain people on the side of the road for hours. How long does it take to issue a ticket and check someone's priors?

No matter what happened in the back of the cop car, these public servants made the kids sit in the car for two hours. Who the hell do these cops think they are?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I'm so grateful that when the left took office things changed (/sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Ok mr zen we are pretending like things like this are a myth.

Go with that.....see if you can wish it away.....

EDIT.
Ignore it....like that has worked up to now. Do you even talk to people . Do you realize the anger and hate the vast majority of people have brewing?

I am sorry but you are VERY out of touch. Go to a bar or social event and ask around. Throw the idea around of "getting even" and see what they say. Dont tell them you are a cop.

Please wake up. Please.

edit on 10-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Speaking of waking up, I do need some sleep.

Yes, I do talk to people.

Yes, I do go to social events.

No, I don't go to bars. Don't drink.

But obviously I associate with different people than you do. These people are in touch, they do know what's going on in the world and they base their opinions on what they see IRL. They are not, for the most part, easily swayed by other peoples opinions. They have their own based on their own experiences.

And no, I don't view the police as saints who go around sprinkling pixie dust on people to make the world a better place. I know full well that it's a frat and they take care of their own. Just like you take care of your own. Just like any organization or place of employment is going to foster a sense of togetherness. That's what people do. Yes, there are bad cops. Yes, they need to be fired to go to jail because they are people just like us. And typically, what you don't hear about on the news, is that frat that takes care of it's own.......takes care of it's own. Whether you want to believe this or not, there are more good cops then bad ones. There's a strength in numbers in those frats and I'll just leave it at that. Someone with your thought process wouldn't fully understand what else I have to say on that subject because you don't WANT to understand.

And if there is one organization that NEEDS to stick together in this day and age, it's the police. You want to vent your rage? Fine. Get a better sense of direction and vent it towards the people who are making ALL of us become divided. Remember, the police don't make any more money than me or you. In that sense, economically, we're all in the same boat.

You want to know what's really happening? The widening economic divide is putting more and more stress on more and more people who fall into the lower and middle economic classes. All the while the rich are getting richer, turning on their T.V.'s, watching the news, watching all the fighting and "alleged" tampon pulling in the streets and reading all the comments like these, and they're saying to themselves "There but for the grace of God, go I".

You're being played bro. Big time.

Oh, I talk to people alright. And most of the one's I talk to are fed up and disgusted for the reasons I just stated. They see that officers and civilians alike are stressed because of money and they're taking it out on each other. They see the forest through the trees.I suggest you open your eyes and do the same before you give yourself an aneurysm.

As long people like me and people like you are divided, nothing is ever going to change

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately does not surprise me anymore. And I hope as well she owns the dept for having to go through that as well as her children. Sounds like something the cops around here would do though, we have some real scumbags, half the time I'd put more trust into a criminal around here than the cops....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
Home of the Knee-Jerk-Reaction.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What this woman did before does not make it acceptable to mistreat her for what she is doing now?
Did she not pay her debt to society before she was pulled over?
Was she not in the eyes of the law she entitled to be free from this sort of treatment?

If a cop EVER pulls you over and asks to look into your glove box.....tell him sure, the minute you get a search warrant. and then as he is getting angry and demanding compliance just keep repeating...because it is my right.
If you got nothing to hide why wont you open it.....because it is my right.
Am I under arrest? No, then I will be going now....because it is my right
Nothing pisses them off more than a citizen who knows their rights and refuses to relinquish them to their authority.
A good cop will tell you that you are correct......and a bad cop will try to prove you wrong.

There should be people whose job it is to go break traffic laws and test the reactions the police give them. That would incline a lot of them to think before they act.... and an annual testing of their understanding of the Constitution wouldn't hurt either

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am calling big BS on this one.....pics or it didn't happen right? Isnt that what you all say around here?

This is a lawsuit and a one sided article from a blog.......where is the proof?

When someone commits a crime they are innocent until proven guilty unless it's a cop?

Shame on all of you who jump to these conclusions.

Hope you never need a cop to protect someone you love.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Nope this isn't the new America as some have claim, this stupid policing has nothing to do with the America I know. How many of you would stand your ground next to someone protesting their rights, someone preaching on the side of a public sidewalk? Would you go about your day, or drop everything and join in out the friendly protest?? What if more and more people chimed in and stood by their brothers and sisters? Does this sound impossible to some of you? If so I think your one of the many who would ignore this other human being, and just go about their daily life.

My point to all this is its time we stand and unite, we are being pushed closer and closer to what some call a police state.. and I for one will no longer stand for this!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Just because some scumbag lawyer typed up a paper and filed it in court doesn't mean it happened .......for the love of god people have you lost all your marbles?

DENY IGNORANCE!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join