It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why is is necessary to form an opinion at all until at least the other side has a chance to respond? Why is it we naturally assume the worst about law enforcement, and yet are expected to withhold judgement about other accused parties who aren't LEOs?

This has been going on for a year. Apparently there wasn't enough to file criminal charges against the officers, so now we're taking the civil case route, which is more than fine and her right to file. If she wins, she'll get paid big-time. And the burden of proof in a civil matter is much lower. The attorneys are no doubt on contingency, so she won't pay them anything unless she wins. All they need is a jury who are ready to do exactly what you're doing - assume the cops are evil. They don't even need to be sure. Just lean that way. Better than lottery odds, no doubt.

And who'll pay? Not the cops. She'll get her big settlement (maybe, if she wins) and the city will have to lay off some poor schlub, or schlubs, like you or me to make up the difference.

And wouldn't that be awful if it turns out it's all just a big lie and attempted money grab? We certainly don't know that it isn't. All we know is, a suit's been filed by someone who's no stranger to the criminal court system, and it's got some highly inflammatory accusations in it. That's it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/10/2012 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
You should look at her record at Marion County Clerk of the Court and Citrus County Clerk of the Court.

www.marioncountyclerk.org...

www.clerk.citrus.fl.us...

I would not trust anything she says.

2001 CF 000384 TARANTINO, LEIA MARIE DEFENDANT FELONY 05/04/2001 CLOSED
Charge Statute Description Offense Level/Degree Citation
1 893.13(6A) DRUGS-POSSESS CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE W/O PRESCR 05/04/2001 THIRD DEGREE FELONY
2 893.147(1) POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA 05/04/2001 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR
3 893.147(1) POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA 05/04/2001 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR
4 893.147(1) POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA 05/04/2001 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR

edit on 10-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Did you bother to see the disposition of the case? I know it doesn't fit into you view too well,

She was busted for coke and went through the so called "drug court", took drug tests for 2 or 3 years and completed the program and the charges were dismissed!

So, why would they still be using this to strip search her for rolling through a stop sign after 10 years? I wonder if they will strip search her after say 40 years based on the a closed prior?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I wish her the best of luck in suing them into oblivion. The law's in regard to liability protections of Officers of the Peace needs to be amended, When they act unlawfully while upholding the law, they need to be held accountable for their actions; if not in criminal court then in civil court.

I would also speculate that if bad cops where held accountable in civil court, crimes against police officers would become an ever rarer thing(being an officer of the Peace doesn't make the list for top dangerous job's).

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Not to mention, doing it in public which is criminal assualt and even sexual assault.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Wow, the city these scumbag cops work for is about to get sued to high hell.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Again, this is no surprise to me, I used to live in Marion county FL and Citrus County bordered Marion County. All of central Florida is a totalitarian police state with Marion, Lake, Orange, and Citrus counties being the worst. These Tyranny Enforcement Officers should just plain and simple have their a$$es beat for doing this, and if it was my wife that they did this to I can guarantee you it would mean all out war. Sure I would eventually be on the losing end of it but at least I would know that I went down fighting and standing for something. That may sound crazy to some of you but we are truly on the verge of a complete totalitarian regime where the Bill of Rights means nothing and until we start standing for what we believe in we are screwed. Like I say all the time, The only thing I'm afraid of is a cage, and that's what we are almost to the point of being in America. A giant cage and we are at the mercy of our cage keepers, or government and para military police state._

I do not condone violence at all, however there aretimes when it is needed and this is a textbook scenario of just such a time. I am also not trying to incite violence, but there comes a time when people have to not only say "ENOUGH" but show that they will no longer tolerate being abused at the hands of those whom are sworn to serve them. Our founding fathers tolerated massive abuse at the hands of the Kings government until it became so heinous that they had to make a stand, that is where we presently find ourselves.

It wouldn't be so bad if when situations such as this arrive, the tyrants that commit these acts where actually punished for their actions, but as we all know it never happens. They are protected by implied immunity and sovereign immunity laws, not to mention the fact that the IA investigators work for the same department as those being investigated. In short, it is all a sham designed to protect each other and create a scenario where they can do anything they want, up to and including murder and get away with it.

It is time that "We The People" take back our society and country from the tyrants that have infiltrated and perverted our government, if not we are all doomed.

Personally I think every officer involved in this should be charged with criminal charges. The female TEO that pulled the tampon should get charged with sexual assault and the others as accessories. They had no probable cause to support their search for drugs, they didn't even have a drug dog on scene. The USSC has ruled that for an officer to perform a search during a trafficking stop they have to have some evidence establishing probable cause, the court went on to say that an officers hunch or suspicions is not suffecient. Therefore these officers broke the rules of criminal procedure and they should be prosecuted, sadly it will never happen. Instead they'll get a nice paid vacation, at the expense of the taxpayers while they are "investigated", then they will be back on the streets to inflict more havoc and tyranny.

All I can say is, God damn America! Home of the free my ass!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm not picking sides, but to me it's a bit odd this isn't splattered all over the news.

And in that description, there are also some parts that I do find odd:

Tarantino claims that the cop immediately drew his weapon, pulled her from the car, and refused to explain why he pulled her over.

Although abusive cops aren't nothing new, they usually have a reason for their breakdowns or abuses. I find it very weird that a cop would drew his weapon and be overly aggressive with no reason at all, just for the fun of it.

The cop then placed Tarantino in the back of the squad car, where she allegedly sat for two hours. When backup arrived, Tarantino was strip searched on the side of the road, where passing motorists could see everything.

1- Is it usual for suspects and people detained to be for such long periods of time waiting?
2- Doesn't backup arrive in a matter of minutes, and not several hours? If the cops were abusive in nature, and were "out to get her", then they could play the card of her possible aggression. That alone makes backup arrive quickly, and not two hours later.

3- The whole activity at the side of the road just seems plain unrealistic. Cops are very sensitive about being stopped in a road, without having it closed. A lot of people die because incoming traffic hits whoever is stopped at the side of the road, including cops. I find it odd that several cops would just stay there for hours, doing several different activities that could put all their lives at risk from an accident.

Doing a search isn't that type of thing that you can just drop and run away from an incoming car.

4- If the passing motorists were passing by, witnessing it all, wouldn't that be a bad thing to the cops? Wouldn't they just "abuse" her at the police station, instead of taking the risk of getting caught?

Then, in a gruesome twist, a female officer "forcibly removed" a tampon from Tarantino.

Another odd thing, to me.

I was under the impression that when these sort of thing happen, suspects are taken into a hospital for those types of search, or at least a police station. Not because of witnesses or anything like that, but by pure hygiene safety alone. They didn't knew her, and for a type of profession where you even ask people if they have anything health-threatening in their pockets, taking out a tampon (how does that happen in a middle of a road?) seems a bit of a risk to take, even wearing gloves.

Again, I'm not picking sides, not siding with the cops or being against her. If all this is true, then it's a barbaric case of police abuse. But a lot in this story doesn't make sense to me, and if anyone can clear my doubts, be my guest.

Just don't be so rushy in labeling police officers monsters, when for all we know, she could be making this whole thing up, or exaggerating it.

Aren't police cars all equipped with cameras and other recording devices? All these activities could be easily proven if there was such a recording.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nice photo history of Mugshots. She has had been arrested 5 times since 2000.
florida.arrests.org...
14 court records
www.clerk.citrus.fl.us...
edit on 10-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Well it happened July 2011.

2011 CT 001060 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT CRIMINAL TRAFFIC 06/28/2011 CLOSED
1 316.193(2A) DUI ALCOHOL OR DRUGS 2ND OFF 06/27/2011 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR 4403XDX

73 2011 DR 002277 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE PETITIONER DOMESTIC RELATIONS 06/13/2011 CLOSED
74 2011 MM 000466 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT MISDEMEANOR 04/25/2011 CLOSED
1 784.03(1A1) DOMESTIC BATTERY-TOUCH OR STRIKE 04/24/2011 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR

75 2011 MM 001055 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT MISDEMEANOR 09/06/2011 CLOSED
1 784.03(1A1) DOMESTIC BATTERY-TOUCH OR STRIKE 09/03/2011 FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR

76 2011 SC 004066 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT SMALL CLAIMS 12/07/2011 CLOSED
77 2011 TR 005262 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 06/28/2011 CLOSED
1 316.1925(1) CARELESS DRIVING 06/24/2011 TRAFFIC MOVING INFRACTION 9485RYU

78 2011 TR 005907 TARANTINO, LEILA MARIE DEFENDANT TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS 07/27/2011 CLOSED
1 322.16(1)(B) FAIL OBEY DRIVER LICENSE RESTRICTIONS-MISUSE OF TI 07/17/2011 TRAFFIC MOVING INFRACTION 8028GJX

She semed to be pretty busy at that time. DUI battery domestic violence driving on the suspended liscence. And around June July she seemed to really be active.

04/24/2011
04/25/2011
06/13/2011
06/24/2011
06/27/2011
06/28/2011
06/28/2011
07/17/2011
07/27/2011
09/03/2011
09/06/2011
12/07/2011
edit on 10-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Bet it stunk.

Oh BTW, just saying.
edit on 10-8-2012 by morethanyou because: Just saying Im >u

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
yes..

sue the state out of all the $$$$ they have..

get the mayor and the gov OUT along with the Police Chief.. and ALL his cronies..

re-establish a REAL government ~!!!

and that's how you do that~!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

What you say shows that you are not opposed to violence. It just shows that your violence is aimed towards police officers.

Just saying...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
reply to post by morethanyou

What you say shows that you are not opposed to violence. It just shows that your violence is aimed towards police officers.

Just saying...

Oh,"shrugs"

Oh BTW, just saying.
edit on 10-8-2012 by morethanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reading stories like these makes me think it is no wonder why a lot of people hate cops and try to kill them.

Such a terrible twist in this story. Sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
something smells fishy about this whole story to me
think I'm just gonna put a cork in it and move along

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yet again the majority of people who have posted in this thread have jumped on the bandwagon instead of waiting for additional information. Has this been covered by a major news outlet? Don't forget, these days people are so quick to sue that they will make almost anything up in order to get the support of those that hate the police. I'm sorry but until further information is put forward I find it hard to believe that this lady had her tampon pulled out on the side of the road. We have not yet got a balanced argument either, we have one side of the story which gullible people are taking as absolute fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And the police union will insist that this is nothing more than a good cop having a bad day and go to great lengths to insure that all those involved never lose employment

It is not the cops I hate nearly as much as their union
same with teachers
and auto workers
and...........

Union should mean you have the highest caliber people performing the task given them
It should mean if you are not the cream of the crop...you are either unemployed or not working in a union shop
People should strive to get into a union because it means they too are the best there is at what they do, that their work ethics are second to none.
Instead we get story after story of unions being slimier than the people they defend so diligently
and they wonder why the people are turning against them, why businesses do not want them anywhere near them.
I pray for the day they are completely out of schools and police forces, when a citizen can demand the dismissal of a public employee and get satisfaction.
It is pretty sad when the people who pay the wages have no say about who they will pay them to.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everybody just relax. The officer had no choice but to commandeer the tampon to plug the oil leak in the police cruiser.

All joking aside, this really does anger me. Police are repugnant these days, and unfortunately there's not a goddamn thing anybody can do to stop it.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Yet again the majority of people who have posted in this thread have jumped on the bandwagon instead of waiting for additional information. Has this been covered by a major news outlet? Don't forget, these days people are so quick to sue that they will make almost anything up in order to get the support of those that hate the police. I'm sorry but until further information is put forward I find it hard to believe that this lady had her tampon pulled out on the side of the road. We have not yet got a balanced argument either, we have one side of the story which gullible people are taking as absolute fact.

I understand your POV, but sadly I know too many police to dismiss this as not likely to be true, I have listened to too many stories and seen the gleam in their eyes as they recount how they violated their sworn oath to the people.
Too many times have I seen the police declare themselves above the law, and their unions reaffirm that belief.
The cops are on our side, when it means the citizen showers them with praise and they proudly declare, Just doing my job mam
Then five minutes later they are abusing a guy who they caught J-walking

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
With rival drug gangs flourishing the gang around the rockefellers, who side with the sinaloa cartel, have a no holds barred approach against the competition. As long as cops are searching for drugs from the rivals feeling up a civillian is all good.

www.rockefellerdrugwars.com...

www.healingcancernaturally.com...

I realize this might seem grossly offtopic at first glance, but thats where the root of the evil lies and it explains why the policeforce thesedays is only and exclusively after drugs which have not been greenlit, while there is a snowballschance in hell they will even begin to investigate stolen property or other "petty" crimes.

The police does not serve and protect the public anymore and the owners do not care that much if the police is hard on the riff raff in the pursuit of their owners goals.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join