It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
civil liberties are withering away before our very own eyes. There is no reporting or public outcry over this..it'll just get worse.

Because CNN and its masters want to push another war in Syria and Iran while simultaneously decrying China's human rights violations.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

civil liberties are withering away before our very own eyes. There is no reporting or public outcry over this..it'll just get worse.

Because CNN and its masters want to push another war in Syria and Iran while simultaneously decrying China's human rights violations.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic on hand? Do you just bounce around from thread to thread posting whatever is on your mind regardless of the point or premise?!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No matter how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides.

Since crackheads are generally less credible than law enforcement officers, depending on where you live of course, in this case I'm going to believe the cops.

She's tired of getting pulled over, so she dreams up a civil rights lawsuit.

In reality she should just get her fecal matter organized, then she won't have so many mugshots floating around.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What the hell does this have to do with the topic on hand? Do you just bounce around from thread to thread posting whatever is on your mind regardless of the point or premise?!

Well from the photo he doesnt look like the sharpest crayon in the box does it...it is to be expected

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

Don't mock Ron.

He is a god walking among mere men.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That Tampon had it comin'.

I'm kiddin' I'm kiddin'.
I wonder if she is related to Quentin Tarantino? If so, I'm sure he has connections. I couldn't believe when I read this. What has happened to our beloved country? And why do we allow them to do it to us over and over again? I hate to say it, but, America needs to be rebuilt from the ground up and the people responsible need to be led out to never return. What's next?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
I couldn't believe when I read this.

So what makes you think the claims are true then?

And why do we allow them to do it to us over and over again?

Do what exactly?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yea.. right.. some of you have had like.. 98 run-ins with police, and they were "thugs" 95 of those times. I really believe that.

I've had maybe 7 or 8 times where I had to deal with police.. and every single time, it was smooth.. no problems.. no bullies.. no stripping away of my rights. Got a ticket in Wyoming, middle of the night. Actually got to pet and meet his k-9 dog, even though I got dinged for 12 over. 2 other speeding tickets over the years.. no issues. Stopped a cop on a bike once just as he was about to pull out to chase after a speeder - he was no-nonsense, but was professional (I was pointing out someone I followed who was a hit-and-run). A few other times for various reasons had dealings with them.. once with the FBI.. no issues at all - they had in fact surrounded my duplex, but they were looking for someone in the one next to mine. They didn't pin me down, shoot my dog or anything. They had a gun out, not pointed at me though.. asked if I lived there. I said "Yup.. but the guy you want I think is in the one next door." Simple as that.. nothing harrowing, life-threatening nor was there a loss of my rights.

I have to wonder what some of you do to have such intense run-ins with law enforcement. For the most part, they are just people like you and I. Some are jerks.. yea. Can't be helped really, there are jerks in all professions, and one that focuses on gun use and power is going to be more prominent. But some of you act like 9 out of 10 cops are evil d-bags who want to make you suffer. It's ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I had a run in today with a big jerky cop who yelled at me...Let's string him up!

Actually, if you have read my comments you know I'm on the side of the police officers on this one....but it is ironic that I got yelled at by a jerky officer this morning right after I was sticking up for police officers on ATS!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
disgusting, throw the pigs in jail

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What an interesting and thought provoking thread. Posting the mugshots of a woman who has had an awful experience - witnessed by her Children and unassisted by a single professional - until she arranged legal advice and action - and a kangaroo court of self appointed judges here on Above Top Secret.

Whatever we think of this woman and her life - she is still a human being - from what I can see via this thread - a human being who isn't perfect. Anyone on this site prefect? Anyone on this site have a secret they never tell anyone? Anyone on this site have a crystal clear conscience with not a thing to self examine?

As a former Police Officer albeit in another country - I understand the lawsuit - I read it. I know that anyone who is under arrest has rights. The woman - whatever judgements you may cast on her for past wrongs - had the right to be strip searched and her tampon removed in a secure and private area. End of argument - the officers are going to have to prove why she was not afforded that SIMPLE and easy to arrange right.

I don't know how the law is applied in America but in Australia your past record is never used against you in court as you are in court for the charge at hand - nothing more nothing less.Of course it is all listed for the judge to see but essentially - it is not the basis for the court appearance - you appear in court for the charge listed - not because you have a long list of priors.

However in this case a woman has had her rights violated and she wants restitution. How is it she does not have that right - as far as some of you are concerned? Strange times we live in - hmmmm - that's how I react to what I read on this site - hmmmm....

If this is one of those trumped up 'events' that receives loads of media exposure to elicit a public response and then a government change of law - then at least I was not insensitive enough to pitch hatred toward another human being - no matter what her life experience and I was not intellectually asleep enough to think the police were just doing their duty.

This story has too many gaps - should it turn out the Police were just acting like ego driven vigilantes - then I hope the law and citizen rights they have so willfully abused - are returned to them via the law being applied justly and swiftly - to them.

Much Peace...to everyone...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

LOL, I would like an answer to that question as well!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Posting the mugshots of a woman who has had an awful experience - witnessed by her Children;

Perhaps she should not have run a stop sign, nor driven without a licence.... so her awful experience" whas all due to her own stupidity!

had the right to be strip searched and her tampon removed in a secure and private area.

except she was NOT strip searched....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Possibly ... but, I think however you slice it her rights were clearly violated.

In what was is this clear? By which proofs are you saying that this was a clear-cut case of violated rights? It's kind of funny how the door doesn't swing both ways. A known convict / drug user makes some wild claims.. and you believe her.. because you want to hate the police. There is no other reason. Like someone said.. they saw a police officer and a judge lie.. and thus this is proof this woman is telling the truth.

YOU sort of people are guilty of as much propaganda, lies, and slander as you claim others as spreading. You are trying to create further hate, mistrust and angst towards police, even though you have absolute NO PROOF at all.

FLEABIT ...

Whoooaaa ... sure didn't mean to get ya all fired up there.

First, I am not a cop-hater. I cannot imagine how you arrived at that knee-jerk conclusion based on my post.

A police officer once saved my life and a few years ago another changed my flat-tire on the freeway. I didn't even ask him. The CHP just pulled over and I told him I couldn't get through to AAA. He said "Don't bother" and he changed the flat tire and left. I had told him it was okay and that I would eventually get through to AAA and he said, "No problem, I'll change it."

After my house flooded a few years ago and was uninhabitable the local police checked on the house AND CUT THE GRASS every other week! I never even asked them. I was staying with friends an hour away. They wouldn't take any money. I could go on, but that should suffice.

But, several of the police officers on that same force harass people and screw with anyone they can. They are nuts. And I am sure there are some CHP that would have pulled over and harassed a stranded motorist. It totally depends on the brain inside the head of the police officer.

My brother-in-law is a (soon-to-be-retired) police officer. He's a few hours away so the police that helped me don't know him. He's a classic sociopath and should not be on the police force. Hell, he shouldn't own a gun. He is a maniac and abusive. He told me many stories and one of them was that when someone has an offense and the offense happens to strike a nerve with an officer, the officer may go after the person. I believe that to be true IF and only IF the officer is a sociopath. The brain of a sociopath is hard-wired and programmed very differently from that of a normal person ... regardless of their occupation.

MY POINT WAS THIS -- I was trying to bring awareness to the reality and the truth. People who are sociopathic should not hold positions where the potential to abuse their power exists. There are sociopaths in every single profession ... including mine. Sociopaths should not be police officers -- and that was my point. I wasn't bashing law enforcement.

And what's up with the "YOU sort of people" comment? Exactly what "sort" would that be? I am entitled to my opinion. In spite of her record she was abused in front of her children. You don't have to believe it and my opinion does not make me a cop-hater, nor does it make you right and me wrong.

We can agree to disagree. Calm down.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What sort of people? The sort of people who can't fathom the words like "alleged," and "claimed." Notice how it's not in the thread title. Notice how many posts (like the one right above yours), that make the assumption she is telling the entire truth, and that the police are lying. Those types of people. On a site that supposedly denies ignorance. People WANT to be ignorant. They don't want the truth when it's more enjoyable to their psyche to be outraged at "the man" for deeds someone claims they did. Even if that person is a known criminal! She is allowed due process? How about the POLICE? They are not? Oh.. I forgot.. they are police, therefore "pigs" and exempt from any due process or benefit of the doubt.

I will be all over the cops if they are proven guilty of what someone CLAIMED they did. I am all about fairness. Unfortunately on this site, the modus operandi is to blame the police. Doesn't matter who makes the claims, the police are in the wrong. And then if the person is found to be lying in a court of law, they will claim that it's all part of the NWO or the system or something else, because clearly, it's IMPOSSIBLE for a police officer to be decent or honest. But a lying, drug taking personage without a drivers license is a fine upstanding citizen and should be believed at all costs.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Is there any video footage of the incident? Police in America usually have cameras operating within their vehicles and film vehicle stops - don't they? Were there any witnesses who took photographs or video footage? Any other visual evidence that is prompting posters within this thread to suggest the woman is lying?

As for the Police - more fool them if they did not film the stop, search and detain - that would give them ample evidence to support their side of the lawsuit.

As for the woman - without visual evidence that she drove through a stop light? Were there cameras operating at the traffic lights?

Until there is some first hand evidence - then the woman is innocent until she has been proven guilty of an offence. It is the same for the Police Officers - they too are innocent until they have been proved guilty? No one is above the law - not the Police and not the legal system and not the posters here on Above Top Secret. I wonder whether any comments within this thread are suitable evidence for slander and/or libel????

Things that make you go hmmm....

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Sunshine laws in Florida makes posting her information legal.
If you don't like that try to get them to change the laws.
I would be all about having some privacy again.
edit on 11-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

No sir you are wrong...One record????You did not look very far if that is all you could find. sorry guys. But this time I gave you a link to something and if you choose not to look into it further....not my fault... there are at least 5 different arrest for this person. I am not going to do ALL of the work for you. Do some for yourselves, before judging the cops IN THIS CASE. Some of you have been beating me up for seeking the truth. I don't feel that is fair to me because I thought this case was awful and LOOKED INTO IT myself. I have a bad feeling to many of you read everything on here and just run with it. I thought this site was about seeking the truth! Oh yes, and please dont forget that my opening statement was "This is wrong on so many levels" I never agreed with what happend.
edit on 11-8-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by kurthall because: Fogot something.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
What an interesting and thought provoking thread. Posting the mugshots of a woman who has had an awful experience - witnessed by her Children and unassisted by a single professional - until she arranged legal advice and action - and a kangaroo court of self appointed judges here on Above Top Secret.

Wait -- so it is only a kangaroo court for those calling for due process to actually occur for all parties involved? The knee-jerk reactionaries are calling for blood and demanding "justice"; not even realizing that this is all allegation and speculation at this point. But they are the kangaroo court judges right?

Whatever we think of this woman and her life - she is still a human being - from what I can see via this thread - a human being who isn't perfect. Anyone on this site prefect? Anyone on this site have a secret they never tell anyone? Anyone on this site have a crystal clear conscience with not a thing to self examine?

Quite true...unless you are a police officer apparently. Her records are public, she is making some pretty damning accusations. What do you think is going to happen? We just take her word without even giving the officers allegedly involved the same courtesy you are asking us to this woman?

As a former Police Officer albeit in another country - I understand the lawsuit - I read it. I know that anyone who is under arrest has rights. The woman - whatever judgements you may cast on her for past wrongs - had the right to be strip searched and her tampon removed in a secure and private area. End of argument - the officers are going to have to prove why she was not afforded that SIMPLE and easy to arrange right.

I am guessing you meant "had the right NOT to be strip searched..." Do I have that right? Else, I am not sure what you are getting at. Just because you read the lawsuit, you are only hearing her words. You take them for gold but we acting under prudence are judged by the almighty Amanda for daring to question her story and past!

I don't know how the law is applied in America but in Australia your past record is never used against you in court as you are in court for the charge at hand - nothing more nothing less.

Her team will move to ensure that it isn't and yes, her past transgressions will not be used court if it were the State v. Defendant. The thing is, this is Her v. Whoever. The burden of proof is squarely on her shoulders and unless the judge rules it otherwise, her dirty laundry will be exposed. Especially if she has ever made claims towards misconduct and they turned out to be false.

However in this case a woman has had her rights violated and she wants restitution. How is it she does not have that right - as far as some of you are concerned?
The majority of posters you are speaking to are calling for less knee-jerk reactions and more "lets hear both sides of the story and not trust some blog".

This story has too many gaps
.......Indeed it does yet you instantly believe her story without even considering that the officers allegedly involved have due process also. Just string em up, they are all bad anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Please read my thread properly. I have not made an allegation one way or the other. I have commented on aspects of the situation. Without any video or photographic evidence - well - we have to wait and see what comes out in court.

People lie. Police are not perfect. The world at present is going through many changes and societal changes are among the mix. Authority is not about abusing the power that accompanies it and the court system is there for anyone to utilise should they feel the need.

Much Peace...there is such a need for it...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join