It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

EDITORIAL: The Civil War of 2016

www.washingtontimes.com

The article is a choppy patchwork of doctrinal jargon and liberal nightmare. The authors make a quasi-legal case for military action and then apply the Army’s Operating Concept 2016-2028 to the situation. They write bloodlessly that “once it is put into play, Americans will expect the military to execute without pause and as professionally as if it were acting overseas.” They claim that “the Army cannot disappoint the American people, especially in such a moment,” not pausing to consider that
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.libertynewsonline.com

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So it is true the U.S military really is preparing to go to war with its own citizens come 2016 This is absolutely terrifying and a sign of were our country is headed My personal thoughts I think that when they try to take our guns things will get ugly and they will have an excuse to use military force

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You left out the import quote.

The vision is hard to take seriously. As retired ArmyBrig. Gen. Russell D. Howard, a former professor at West Point, observed earlier in his career, “I am a colonel, colonels write a lot of crazy stuff, but no one listens to colonels, so I don’t see the problem.

It's not the military writing this, it's one guy.

/doom

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
All I got to say is BRING IT ON, I say we beat em to the punch, and just storm Washington,

but why four years from now? seems like barry wants it sooner?

edit on 10-8-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
All I got to say is BRING IT ON, I say we beat em to the punch, and just storm Washington,

Your signature image could not possibly be more apt. I'll never understand why people are driven to violence over imaginary political differences. People like you are the problem.

Go! Grab your gun(s) and march on Washington! Do it already, stop talking about it. People are sick to death of the endless hyperbole. Suicide by government, rid the world of your nonsense.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Can they try any harder to make it sound not credible?:

This farcical vision......
It’s a cartoonish and needlessly provocative scenario.....
The vision is hard to take seriously......

And senior military staff spend most of their time planning for events that could never happen. They spend most of their days mulling over take-out menus and playing on SNES simulators.

You can cover this with "don't take it seriously" stickers all you like but the fact remains this is a possible future contingency they are planning for. It may not even take until 2016 to happen.

And I just love how they single out tea partiers when it's far more likely to begin with riots in the inner cities.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

drones. And more drones. It's improtant to keep the civil war meme alive. Who wants that? A couple of bands using civil war names? Can't think of anyone else, outside of the zionists, who would even consider civil war as being desirable, or remotely realistic.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

All in due time, all in due time.

2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Can they try any harder to make it sound not credible?:

This farcical vision......
It’s a cartoonish and needlessly provocative scenario.....
The vision is hard to take seriously......

And senior military staff spend most of their time planning for events that could never happen. They spend most of their days mulling over take-out menus and playing on SNES simulators.

You can cover this with "don't take it seriously" stickers all you like but the fact remains this is a possible future contingency they are planning for. It may not even take until 2016 to happen.

And I just love how they single out tea partiers when it's far more likely to begin with riots in the inner cities.

It's not of course.

But sure, believe that if you want.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We need military to step in now and defend our constitution from the repubs and the democrats. I would love to see a military coupe and a restructuring of congress and a demolishment of political parties and a Reinstatement of our constitution. The whole democratic process as it stands is a farce. They have dumbed down the the american public so the only way out of this mess is the defenders of our freedoms.

Maybe thats a write in for my vote Military Coupe

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I am a Veteran, I know many other Veterans. I don't know a single Veteran, or active duty military member that would turn on their countrymen.

When we were ordered to confiscate firearms during katrina, theyh almost had a flat out revolte on theirf hands. they had to back peddle as soon as we received the orders, as so many starting looking around asking am I the only one that thinks this is wrong. I saw the company commander visibly take a step back when his entire formation broke ranks and started voicing decent. All those at the top know what will happen if they try this, that's why they keep baby stepping and reasuring everyone that their intentions are good. They fear us, and rightly so, we will not suffer a tyrant, and as such, they know better than to try it yet.

Having said that, I for my part are ready for revolution. As I see absolutly no way of fixing this broken system other than complete removal and replacement.

Revolution being necessary, only because those in power will not willingly release the reins of power unless forced to at the end of a barrel.

Hell I won't even feel bad for them when this country finally snaps and ends them in a million horrible ways that don't deserve mentioning in civilized discourse.

new topics

top topics

join