It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Most of Romney's new Twitter followers are fake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Romney is out in full force with his propaganda... err PR machine.

I saw a Romney ad on hulu last night where he says something like "I know what it's like to be start a business and go through hard times on small checks," that makes me burst out laughing every time it comes on. Really, you went through hard times Mr. Romney? LOL. Yeah - I'm so sure that Mitt's had to choose between putting gas in his car to get to work, paying his electricity bill, and eating.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
From what I see, very, very few people actually support Romney. The only reason most people support Romney is because they hate Obama, which is a really bad reason to vote. If there is no difference between the parties, the best thing republicans could do is stay home on election day, and teach the repub party a lesson for fielding such a terrible candidate.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

That's quite a leap in logic there.

Since when has Romney been popular?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Two days ago I was out driving and saw my first bumper sticker for either Romney or Obama. I've seen hundreds over the last few months for Ron Paul.

Someone please explain this to me, how I have yet to see any yard signs or bumper stickers, or anything else except the odd commercial here and there, that says anyone supports Obama OR Romney?

Nary a flag, sticker, sign, shirt, whatever, for anyone except RP, yet he has no supporters in real life, only on-line(or so we are told). So where are the real life folks for Obama and Romney? Are they too embarrassed to put a sticker on their car?

Do they even exist, at all?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the realy sad thing is that the stupid peape look who ever one else is voting for.
and then vote for them to!

just like the shoose they buy.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

So since you don't know either.......It is a person with a twitter account, each post in your twitter account is considered a "tweet". A tweeker is someone addicted to methamphetamines.....Just some FYI for ya..... By the way, I don't even use or have a twitter account and I know, so I hope you were being sarcastic in your post.....

I have a master's degree in counseling, I'm familiar with both. I was being sarcastic on several different levels, including the fact that twitter users seem just as addicted to their thing as meth users and have similarly interesting things to say.

edit on 12-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

"Nary a flag, sticker, sign, shirt, whatever, for anyone except RP, yet he has no supporters in real life, only on-line(or so we are told). So where are the real life folks for Obama and Romney? Are they too embarrassed to put a sticker on their car? "

He hasn't put the 2012 campaign stickers on it yet but Outkast Searcher's car would fulfill the requirement.

curiousvillager.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Two days ago I was out driving and saw my first bumper sticker for either Romney or Obama. I've seen hundreds over the last few months for Ron Paul.

Someone please explain this to me, how I have yet to see any yard signs or bumper stickers, or anything else except the odd commercial here and there, that says anyone supports Obama OR Romney?

Nary a flag, sticker, sign, shirt, whatever, for anyone except RP, yet he has no supporters in real life, only on-line(or so we are told). So where are the real life folks for Obama and Romney? Are they too embarrassed to put a sticker on their car?

Do they even exist, at all?

This is a pretty common phenomenon. New candidates get stickers on cars, as their supporters are trying to spread the word, etc. Well, known and popular candidates don't get that. Go look for bumper stickers for eight term congressmen, etc.

Bumper stickers are a sign that new people are excited about a new thing, and that's about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join