Analysis: Most of Romney's new Twitter followers are fake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Analysis: Most of Romney's new Twitter followers are fake

www.rawstory.com

A pay-for-follower service most likely drove the presumptive Republican nominee’s recent and dramatic spike in online followers, concluded Baccardua Labs, a digital security company.

The widely reported surge in tens of thousands of new followers for@mittromney from 21 July – which provoked commentary and suspicion – appeared to have been purchased from a dealer, it said: “We believe most of these recent followers of Romney are not from a general Twitter population but most likely from a paid..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ahh yes, the information war, and the skanks who use these fake twitter accounts to perpetuate the illusion of false support.

To this day I still don't understand where Romney came from on the political scene, and how he got there. Since when do they teach deceit in the Mormon faith? Isn't this wrong???

Of course it's wrong, and quite unbecoming of any presidential candidate. I don't care from WHAT side of the political fence.

Purchased from a dealer in fake twitter accounts. Nice. :shk:

Why isn't this illegal? Because it should be. And darned soon. More corruption and deceit from the GOP. What else is new. Different head of the same monster.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The only thing that counts is voters turning out in November.

What's a "tweeter"?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

“Romney’s newest followers could have been paid for by himself, his associates or by his opponents. So far, there is not a feasible way to confirm who is responsible.”

Authentication was not required when buying Twitter followers from eBay or other websites, he said, and anyone could buy followers for other Twitter users.

Zac Moffat, the Romney campaign digital director, denied that his side was responsible. “The Romney campaign does not buy Twitter followers,” he told CNET. “We have reached out to Twitter to find out additional information regarding the rapid growth.”

Oh, I see, so this is a political ploy by Obama rats to purchase fake twitter accounts so that they would be exposed by the liberal-as-hell rag, Rawstory. Lol, that almost makes more sense, in today's world of lies.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
mormon? didnt i just see romney in israel wearing that funny little hat?
i thought he was jewish. ohh wait.. photo op. gotta kiss some jewish ass if he wants that job..

pathetic little man

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

fake twitter accounts to perpetuate the illusion of false support.
He has been perpetuating the illusion of false support the whole way. The majority of people can see through the illusion. It's easy to see everyone is having an extremely hard time finding the body of so called Romney supporters... the countless reports from people all around the United States indicate it's hard to find anyone who truly supports Romney. The media is also a key part in the perpetuation of this false illusion. The whole thing is a lie.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The only thing that counts is voters turning out in November.

What's a "tweeter"?
someone that sends tweets via Twitter.I personally call them twits.makes you wonder how many fake computer generated accounts are on here.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If they are fake I totally think someone who supports Obama is responsible for it. Where I come from I can't find anyone over the age of 25 who supports Obama. So, think no one supports Romney all you want and even try to convince yourself and others that it is true.... but you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
If they are fake I totally think someone who supports Obama is responsible for it. Where I come from I can't find anyone over the age of 25 who supports Obama. So, think no one supports Romney all you want and even try to convince yourself and others that it is true.... but you are wrong.
what I want to know is why main political parties world wide pick knobs for leaders,is it to rub our noses in it?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Since we rejected internet driver's licensing, and non-anonymity, we can expect to have fraud, both at the polls and on-line. No surprise here. Shills are everywhere, except at ats. All that matters is that we believe in the (s)election.

It is very difficult to guess which side they'll install as POTUS. Hence, we vote.
edit on 10-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I love you Obama supporters, so let me write to you in your own language.
baa baabaa baaaa ba ba ba baaa baaaa
ba baaaba baaa
And you can quote me on that

You guys remind me of the people around here that when faced with a hurricane, will insist on staying in their homes no matter how many time a warning of impending danger is issued. They cover their ears and just keep telling themselves there is no danger and everything is just fine.
In this thread right here we have an entire neighborhood covering their ears and repeating Nothing is wrong

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I don't know about fake Twitter accounts, but if I get more tweets from REAL accounts Obama's people are spamming people with I'll scream! I only gave my Email and Twit box to Occupy last year...thats the only place that got both and ONLY those two. Well... I'm being spammed by Wasserman, Obama, Biden. Gore, Wesly Clark and at least a half dozen MORE names I've never heard of. When they aren't pestering me about being at their Convention, they are begging me to send as little as $5 to support it.

I've been called on y home phone 4 times and my cell phone once. ALL OBAMA people. No fakes..they are right up front about being obnoxious in harassment. Make it stop! (cue Dean scream)

I've yet to get a thing out of the GOP side...at least not since the primaries were here months ago. Funny how that works?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

To this day I still don't understand where Romney came from on the political scene, and how he got there. Since when do they teach deceit in the Mormon faith? Isn't this wrong???

You didn't see him in 2008? Ole Romney has been groomed for decades for this. The GOP has a habit of picking last primaries runner up and he was last primaries runner up. Which means in 2016 it might be Rick Santorum, i seriously hope the GOP can dig up something better. Rick would be rode out on a rail.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What's a "tweeter"?

Kind of like a tweeker except it's legal.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't know about fake Twitter accounts, but if I get more tweets from REAL accounts Obama's people are spamming people with I'll scream! I only gave my Email and Twit box to Occupy last year...thats the only place that got both and ONLY those two. Well... I'm being spammed by Wasserman, Obama, Biden. Gore, Wesly Clark and at least a half dozen MORE names I've never heard of. When they aren't pestering me about being at their Convention, they are begging me to send as little as $5 to support it.

I've been called on y home phone 4 times and my cell phone once. ALL OBAMA people. No fakes..they are right up front about being obnoxious in harassment. Make it stop! (cue Dean scream)

I've yet to get a thing out of the GOP side...at least not since the primaries were here months ago. Funny how that works?

You mean ACTUAL human's calling about Obama, versus paid for fake twitter users?

Funny indeed.

Almost like the only way Romney can win is by buying the election, like he bought the primary.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Well, I think the whole Robo-Call garbage went over pretty badly here. It would take a P.R. Gomer Pyle to try it again with anything positive expected. Yeah, real people. I've enjoyed telling them how I'm putting all my time and energy into seeing their guy defeated as well as their pick for our Senator. I imagine we really will dump her this time.

A couple of their reactions have actually been my entertainment for the day. As annoying as the spam is...well, I can probably take the trade off on the phone calls. Harassment vs. Mind gaming a phone bank moron. It's too close to call.

Oh... BTW, Romney wouldn't be doing anything. Not here. He couldn't even bother himself to drop by for the Caucus. Dr. Paul and Santorum showed....Mittens didn't. I don't like Mitt. I absolutely HATE Obama. It's a world of difference,

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by beezzer

What's a "tweeter"?

Kind of like a tweeker except it's legal.

So since you don't know either.......It is a person with a twitter account, each post in your twitter account is considered a "tweet".

A tweeker is someone addicted to methamphetamines.....Just some FYI for ya.....

By the way, I don't even use or have a twitter account and I know, so I hope you were being sarcastic in your post.....

But on topic.....TA........This is the stuff that always seems to happen with politics, no?? Get a false sense of a following for the people running.......Although nobody even likes the candidate and it is hard to find a single follower, somehow they win??

Votes mean nothing, but I am still writing in Ron Paul.........This is one of the most corrupted and evil elections in our history, and this is not picking the lesser of two evils......They are both equally evil and corrupt!! There is no lesser of two evils here at all!!!

I had to star all of your posts in this thread TA because I couldn't agree more on this corrupted system we are in.....

I would vote for my dog, or my 3 month old daughter before I would vote for either one of these two scumbags!!
edit on 8/10/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
what I want to know is why main political parties world wide pick knobs for leaders,is it to rub our noses in it?

To Seeker Mom: I'm not sure why you believe that either Obama or Robomney will yield different results.

To glen200376: I believe they pick knobs because it's all just a show, bread & circuses, let them eat cake (etc). The real powers are the corporations, they push governments around these days.

I'm reminded of a quote by the late great comedian George Carlin,..

"The country is run by one big club and you ain't in it!”, "They own you. The corporations and the rich own this country and they don't give a sh#t about you. They don't care. They don't give a s#it about you!"

Folks laughed then,.. we ain't laughin' so much now.

Regards to both of you I hope we all find the best way forward.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Cool thread TrueAmerican! I starred it & at some point I'll figure out how to flag it (that's preferred right? I'm still not sure about it all, I'm new.)

Thanks for once again shining a little light where there seems to be a stench.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

HA HA HA I know what you mean Rabbit! last year I sent the DNC a note telling them that Obama is nothing more than DINO and I wouldn't vote for him along with my distaste for the Justice Department letting all of the mortgage fraud go without being prosecuted. I was much more vocal in that post at the DNC website... then I started getting email from the DNC and other Dem surrogates...

It took 5-6 times un-subscribing to get it stopped.... then just in case I added their email to my spam blocker ...

The real problem is the party system ... the candidates my be great but the party system owns their ass which they sell regularly!

nothing since
edit on 10-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join