It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK sending £5 Million to Syrian rebels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Last I heard even Kofi Anan had given up on the situation in Syria.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Would be nice to complain about this but doubtless it would fall on deaf ears, they wouldnt give two iotas if ten thousand complaint letters fell on thier door step, these punks feel untouchable and can do what ever the hell they like, which really is a shame of monsterous proportions, id like to see them all put in jail but thats another story

edit on 10-8-2012 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
maybe i'm missing something here, but where are people getting the idea that the rebels are terrorists?

curious

edit on 10-8-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I thought people may find it interesting but I've heard CNN and Fox both say on their channels this morning that a problem "developing" in Syria is the flood of foreign fighters and lack of any clear successor to Assad. Doh! Who could have seen that coming? Foreign Fighters? I was shocked. This coming from reporters on both channels who report the whole thing breathlessly like the Rebels are the second coming of George Washington half way across the Potomac.

Same people as Libya, same people as Egypt. Assad better shoot himself if they get so close that capture is unavoidable. He won't want these animals repeating how Libya ended in that way too.

OH.. BTW... Both channels seem to be running private odds or something about Civil war. They both mentioned it a couple times as the outcome likely with no clear person to be installed after Assad.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Chances are this is just "cash" aid and the real stuff is material goods and off-the-balance-sheet services. The announcement itself feels forced and probably came about as a result of a tip-off that either an MP or a journalist was going to get wind of it and start asking some awkward questions.

We can sell or give them some chemical weapons materials and know-how then bomb them in 20 years time for possessing chemical weapons materials and know-how.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
£5 million isn’t very much, must have spent all of their “money for terrorist” budget on the Olympics :-p

But really, we know that SIS and UKSF are currently operation in side Syria and that the UK is providing humanitarian aid. My look into this is that the UK wants to support the rebels but without going as far as providing them with weapons. My guess would be that the SIS and UKSF have noticed how unorganised and fractured the FSA really are and have reasoned that if the different groups could communicate with each other then they could mount a more effective resistance. So the UK Government has agreed to provide them with 5 million so they can buy the technology needed to do so.

Really £5 million is nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am very angry at my country. They should not take side in this. And defiantly not with the rebels. They are helping with a terrorist takeover of a government. As one reply post says “how would they feel if France gave aide to rebels taking over England” and where did all the money come from? England has non to spare foe the police army or heath service. they are cuting money from ever thing.

Just found this on the bbc news posts.

975. Stayoutofit 5 Hours ago For some insight into the groups Hague is giving £5million to: Syria: Armed Opposition Groups Committing Abuses
www.hrw.org...
Free Syrian Army accused of recruiting children
blogs.aljazeera.com...

This makes it look ver bad for the british goverment.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by ironorchid

You also have Saudi Arabia and Bahrain supporting the rebels in their fight for "democracy", yet Saudi and Bahrain are 2 of the least democratic nations on earth.

The term "pro-democracy" has been disingenuously used to describe the militant legions that very "undemocratic" nations like Saudi Arabia and Qatar are underwriting. Clearly, even at face value, this is an untenable narrative. Under closer scrutiny, it unravels further, exposing a criminal, murderously violent, terroristic conspiracy of vast international proportions.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Quick set up a the "Central Bank of Aleppo" Lord Rothschild would be proud!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

According to CNN and many other news agencies these are the same terrorists that are planting IEDs and the ones that killed US soldiers, but its OK this time, because they are on the US side this time.

Same thing happened in Afghanistan, USA helped create AL-quaida and bin laden and funded the freedom fighters in resistance from a foreign force back then (USSR), and now they are fighting the USA and are labeled terrorists.

The difference is that the terrorists in Syria are once again funded by NATO/arab forces in an attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria by planting bombs and killing women and children.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The key to breaking this self-imposed Western media blockade is for the alternative media to conduct the research and cover developments themselves. This includes reaching out to activists and reformers within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the other GCC autocracies and giving the people the platform denied to them by the corporate-funded Western media.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
State sponsor of terriosim once again going mainstream, and presented in such a matter of fact way. I personally am disgusted at this. My tax sterling is contributing to this.

Foreign Secretary William Hague is committing an additional £5m to fund communications equipment and medical supplies - mostly to the largest rebel group, the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

BBC

With UK nurses, police force & army all feeling the pinch of cuts to their services. I could think of a ton of things that 5mill could be better spent but instead they have decided to go public with their sponsoring of middle eastern terrorism. Worlds gone mad I tell ye..

Yes send 5 million pounds to support the terrorists in Syria, when theyre done ousting Assad they will take the weapons you bought them and use them on you and kill your people. That makes alot of sense...Not, because i can gaurantee you who will get power in Syria...the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. Our Government doesn't give a damn about saving lives, they just want the current Syrian Government overthrown. We pay our taxes for our country to commit dirty deeds like this? really angers me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They can´t afford to keep 20,000 + loyal, hard working troops, sailors, marines and airmen in employment, yet they can afford to send money to the same people blowing up said military personnel. This government makes me sick to my stomach on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When the IRA restart their attacks on the UK system/govt. As they said they would, a week or so ago on the news. Then when Russia China or even Iran sends the IRA funds, medic supplies and equipment. To help them in their struggles to over throw the UK govt.
What is the UK govt or Cameron going to say? What can they say?
What a crock this govt is. If he feels so strongly about it, Camoron. Or thinks that his help is needed. Then I dont mind if he and the rest of those in govt. Use that £5 million to buy them sleves some kit. So that they can steam over there like heros and give it to Assad in person. I`d even go and wave them off with a smile.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I used to have some respect for William Hague, but this is just wrong and he must know it. He could say the money is for cream cakes, it wouldn't matter, funding is funding and it just gives the rebels more money to spend on arms. The uk gvt has another agenda and it stinks. Western powers as usual sticking their noses wherever they can smell an opportunity for money/oil. Shame on you Mr Hague.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join