It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for atheists......would you impersonate the messiah to end world wars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
SO I was wondering.....if you are an atheist and were to be offered a way to become a sort of messiah, by means of technology, or just psychic phenomena, or both, that is.....you were given all resources necessary to unite all 3 monotheistic religions by becoming a messiah to them....end all war......end all conflicts.....would you..?

I address atheists since they would be the group I feel to have less of an issue with just using religion to end earth conflict.

If you are a believer in one of the three major monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, or a Muslim.....would you become what you could describe as an anti Christ....but maybe try to keep the seat warm so to speak, for your real messiah?

would anyone here take on the mantle of "messiah" if you knew you could pull it off and end all wars concerning religion by simply commanding them to stop and telling them that you love them all?

is it a sacrilege to b lie to all but end people´s suffering if you knew that you would not abuse the power....maybe even kill yourself off once complete to not get tempted but before hand, leave the world in relative peace?

is that wrong?

thoughts?

edit on 10-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Well I don't really think more lies and a deeper layer of deception would really solve anything in the long term. They need to learn to overcome their problems on their own... the larger the pile of lies becomes the larger the long term problem actually becomes. They are where they are because of lies and false beliefs. Only the truth shall set them free.
edit on 10/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
what would be the point if you were just tricking everybody?

its sad but unfortunately the only way to stop all war is when every person finally realizes the futility of it, were down to the lowest echelons of society realizing the torture of war, now we just have to convince the upper echelons....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
If you could end world war by impersonating the messiah, then you would in turn be the real messiah. I would do it in a heartbeat if I had incredible psionic abilities but my abilities are rather limited right now. But performing a few tricks wouldn't end it, you would become a target fairly quickly and by many religions. You would become Jesus when he was doing illegal things and have to ultimately sacrifice yourself if it came to it.

The end result would have you dead, your miracles being observed by the world and even more wars would be created. So to have a proper plan to end the world war, you would have to be the messiah.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I think that would be like throwing gas on a strong fire.... The stupidest thing to do... And it would enworse thing...
Religion is (my humble opinion) the main reasons for wars over the world... And it has been for thousands of years...
On the contrary, I think if you want to end all of the wars around the world, the first step would be to BAN religion, and at last accept them as what they really are... LEGIT SECTS... No matter if it's christianism, buddhism, islamism, whatever.... religions are sects, and it's time for mankind to open it's eyes and admit it collectively, otherwise, we will always be stuck in a "Dark Age".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I am an AGNOSTIC but I was at one time an Atheist. In any matter of a person trying to impersonate a Messiah...the probability that this would have any positive effect is remote. Most people of a specific Religion and their are a VAST number of Buddhists and Hindus...are so deeply entrenched in their Faith that it is unlikely that anything of the nature happening you describe would alter their beliefs.

In my own beliefs....I believe the concept of a GOD is not what people believe it is. I believe the reality is much more and larger and more complex than the Human Mind can understand. We exist so anything is possible....the MATH dictates this.

I have seen people do horrific things in the name of GOD. I have seen people and experienced acts of people in the Western World...use their Religion as an excuse to do acts of evil and harm. I do not believe in HELL or in GOD the way that the majority do as again...I believe what we seek is something that we cannot understand.

One thing I do understand is the people who declare themselves the most Righteous are the people who are far distant from their own beliefs as they have become Judge over what THEY have decided is right and wrong. In reality...there are MANY SHADES OF GRAY. And the more you know...the grayer things become.
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Being an atheist myself why would i use religion for more lies ... religion does more harmfull things than good things ...

Black or white, religious or not ... we're all humans after all and if we would all have some more respect for eachother, care for eachother and share with eachother, then maybe we wouldn't need all those stupid wars.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I consider myself a christain but over the years I have become a loather of ALL organized religion
I do my studying and praying in the privacy of my own home. Its so unsettling in my heart when I see wars based on religion, I thought a higher power was supposed to raise people up not enslave and oppress them...
edit on (8/10/1212 by shells4u because: rethunk and removed

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
ok...I see what you guys are saying...and I actually agree...

here is a twist....

what if you could do everything a messiah could and you then just show everyone that it is not being God but something else....in essence showing them that their religion is wrong.....EDIT: or misguided.

thin ice I know....but if you could...would you expose "being the messiah" for what it really is.

Show them what God really is to you?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

a question being insulting......?

I could never understand that.....imagine the answer.....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

You asked if you were an Athiest would you be a fake christ and lie to the world....It is disrespectful towards Atheism. But no worries...I have tasted my own foot many times and will many more in the future...Its how we learn...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

Show them what God really is to you?

I don't need to impersonnate the Messiah to show someone that something is worldwide bullsh*t to indoctrinate and manipulate masses to me

EDIT: (Sorry if that's not the kind of answer you expect, but remember, you asked the question to atheist... and God is nothing but what I said to atheists... except maybe a giant flying spagghetti monster
)
edit on 10/8/2012 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I don't see how...it may be to you.....

so is it disrespectful like saying that the earth is not the center of the universe or like saying the world is not flat?

sorry for upsetting you with a question.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

nah man.....no problem...I am curious what people would think if all of a sudden the capability to do Messianic things was on earth again.....I ask atheists to avoid pages of bible quotes and upsetting people, though I see it is a human thing and not necessarily a religious thing....people don't like questions, they like answers......which brings me back to square one.....no matter the thing we try and wrap our head around or the way we go about it....

people like it simple.....yes or no.and DONT ASK!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

That is a very profound question. As an atheist, I would choose to impersonate Christ if that could end all sufferings. I strongly suspect that's what Rockfeller/Illuminati will, at one point, do.
But as a moral man, I won't. Mathematicaly, it makes sense, but if you listen to your heart, then you can feel it's wrong.
S&F for the original (original as in different) post.
edit on 10-8-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

exactly, which is why I am making this thread.....I think so too....

think about it....you would have the following of the countless millions each has recruited....all by offering a perfect copy....a perfect person, with seemingly powerful and all knowing God-ness....

a few holograms, a powerful psychic, unknown technology, an unlimited information control to filter disbelievers......and then you could possible self expose yourself and ruin religion....forever.....

effectively destroying all forms of faith in God or anything spiritual. Well, anything spiritually uniting....

even if he exists or not in any real way....you would control the history of religion from then on.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
I think that would be like throwing gas on a strong fire.... The stupidest thing to do... And it would enworse thing...
Religion is (my humble opinion) the main reasons for wars over the world... And it has been for thousands of years...

Good thing that your opinion is humble, because it's demonstrably wrong. As I am tired of repeating myself, I would direct you to this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... for an explanation of why you are wrong.

And, to the OP, that also answers why your proposition is invalid -- because religion is rarely the cause of wars, unifying the three Abrahamic faiths would do little to end conflict.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
SO I was wondering.....if you are an atheist and were to be offered a way to become a sort of messiah, by means of technology, or just psychic phenomena, or both, that is.....you were given all resources necessary to unite all 3 monotheistic religions by becoming a messiah to them....end all war......end all conflicts.....would you..?

I address atheists since they would be the group I feel to have less of an issue with just using religion to end earth conflict.

If you are a believer in one of the three major monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, or a Muslim.....would you become what you could describe as an anti Christ....but maybe try to keep the seat warm so to speak, for your real messiah?

would anyone here take on the mantle of "messiah" if you knew you could pull it off and end all wars concerning religion by simply commanding them to stop and telling them that you love them all?

is it a sacrilege to b lie to all but end people´s suffering if you knew that you would not abuse the power....maybe even kill yourself off once complete to not get tempted but before hand, leave the world in relative peace?

is that wrong?

thoughts?

There is no such thing as a "messiah". People who are held prisoner by these superstitions should really attempt to open their eyes and see just how much of a fraud it all is.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I like the question, but you don't need technology or psychic power. An atheist could simply use their knowledge of the bible to correct any false information and redeem the law by establishing a moral code of justice for all people devoid of spiritual mumbo jumbo. An atheist could do it out of a yearning for world peace.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Oh sorry, my bad... If BBC said so, it must be true

More seriously... many wars, while not being directly religion-related are indirectly... Well I bet in the "scoring" system of your linked post, that kind of wars would deserve a 3 or a 4... does that make them non-religion related ? No... Even if it scores a "1" it would be... I think even the america conquest and its natives massive massacres were "helped" by religious beliefs... I don't think the "white demons" would have do all those pillages / massacres if they didn't felt "God" was on their side, (even if it's clearly not the main reason nor what triggered that massacre). I also don't believe in your 60%... Maybe if you can give some link to the content of the BBC show you mentionned it would be more credible, but sorry, I won't just believe some guy dropping some numbers he saw at a tv show on mainstream media years ago... So I won't change my mind just because you think I'm wrong... Just as you won't change yours because I humbly express my opinion
Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join