It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something brighter/a bit bigger than a star stationary in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Im in olathe kansas at the moment, and every single night i let my dog out back, and I watch the stars. But 2 days ago right when i stepped outside i spotted something that was brighter and bigger than a star in the sky( it was clear out). I know it wasnt normal because that was the first time ive ever seen that before in that spot and ive been at this house for about 3 years.

I looked at it through the binoculars, didnt look like a star, it didnt twinkle different colors like most stars do, and it looked weird, multiple lights on it, but i really couldnt see anything else.

I first saw it tuesday at 3 AM. The next day it was cloudy so i really couldnt see anything, and today I dont see it. so it could have been there for 1-2 days.

It made NO movement whatsoever, stayed the same brightness and did not twinkle or blink any colors. I watched it for about an hour and still nothing.

Now i look in that spot and i see nothing, possibly a parked ship just sitting there? Any ideas would be great...just not the stupid ones like, dude its a helicopter or a firework...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's a planet. Sometimes they reflect a lot of light from the sun, sometimes they don't; and they also move throughout the sky. It was probably Mars or Jupiter.
edit on 10-8-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

Approximate time and direction in the sky would be helpful. Most likely a planet as the above poster mentioned, though my money would be on Venus, possibly Jupiter. Mars is a little dull right now.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Stellarium is a cool free piece of open source software you can download and use as a virtual planetarium. Plug in your location, date and whatnot, and you can see what exactly is supposed to be in the sky. You can even zoom in and out on stuff, its pretty cool - at least to me.

www.stellarium.org...
edit on 8/10/2012 by spleenika because: (no reason given)

top topics

join