It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew Alphabet is based on the Star of David..

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
reply to post by adjensen

So, let's look at Thomas, with these criteria in mind.

So, I hope that you can see that it is not "missing" -- it has no business being in the Christian Bible, because Gnostic Christianity is a different religion.

Brainwashing goes deep. So it's mostly quotes from Jesus, left out of a book about Jesus.

No, about half of it are quotes that he did say, or may have said, and the rest are things that he most certainly did not say, as they are reflective of post-Valentinus Gnosticism, dating to the mid-Second Century. But the text is written in such a manner as to distrust any of it as being accurate, and, as it clearly is a forgery, it fails all criteria for inclusion in canon.

"Jesus is an alien!" -- oh, look, words about Jesus! We had better revise the Bible to include them!

Yes, brainwashing does run deep... your hatred of Christianity has apparently deprived you of common sense.
edit on 10-8-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They both refer to making the two halves whole, which is a very ancient concept that spans farther back than even Christianity. Swastikas that predate the cross in Europe inside of temples and 'cathedrals'.

So I don't think you can just brush this off so easily. 106 is a continuation of 22.

These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom." They said to him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?"

In this way you will reach the fullness, the unity… How is that done? By union with each other and union within oneself…let perfect unity take the place of primitive dissociation and"division"

Now, let's start with the first sentence. The fullness represents the unity of the two halves of the kingdom of heaven. How is that done they asked by becoming child-like, you let perfect unity take the place of primitive dissociation.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dissociation is a term in psychology describing a wide array of experiences from mild detachment from immediate surroundings to more severe detachment from physical and emotional reality. It is commonly displayed on a continuum.[1] The major characteristic of all dissociative phenomena involves a detachment from reality – rather than a loss of reality as in psychosis.[2][3][4][5] At the "low" end of the continuum, dissociation describes common events such as daydreaming while driving a vehicle. Further along the continuum are non-pathological altered states of consciousness.

Oh look, it also includes altered states of consciousness...That's a biggie in the enlightenment community. But what does dissociation have to do with being child-like?

www.mind.org.uk...

-acting like different people, including child-like behavior.(Which is what Jesus referred to...Watch a kid play alone, they are so detached from what goes on around them.)
-referring to yourself as ‘we'. (This would certainly entail a unity....)
-out-of-body experiences( Whoa get out of town, Astral projection?)
-having knowledge of a subject you don’t recall studying. (After all, 'God' is Omniscient, *wink wink*)
-feeling detached from the world (Isn't that the point of meditation?)

I don't think that we need to point out that by embracing the unity and dissociating ourselves, that is antithetical to the entire word of division. You enter the kingdom of heaven within you or attain the unity, by becoming child-like again. This is probably why they heavily discourage imagination.

When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same

in other words, let the"outside" become as the"inside", the"upper" like the"lower", the male like the female

When you make the two one, talking about the unity, both are parallel at inside and outside. The "upper" like the "lower", and the above like the below, refers to the alchemical As below, So Above of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth. The male and female part also matches. These are not direct translations on this site as they are really read. They are simplified and unmystified, because news flash this isn't 33 AD.. Nobody understands people who talk like that right? I mean it's not like that's why people read the King James Bible....

When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."

When you make the two one, you will become sons of Man and if you say: ‘Mountain, move!’, it will move."

That's almost verbatim...I don't know what you are banging on about honestly.
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Did you get that from Wikipedia?

/E: Then again, of course they wouldn't want/let you know that they convened to determine what was or was not appropriate to be included in the Bible. That would make it obvious they were hiding something...

That's common scholastic knowledge. The books of the Bible had nothing to do with Nicaea, it was called to address the Arian heresy. They also voted for a common date for Easter since so many leaders were present, but the reason the council was convened was because of Arius.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"Jesus is an alien!" -- oh, look, words about Jesus! We had better revise the Bible to include them!

Ok Glenn Beck. When you decide you'd rather lay off the sauce we'll have a real talk.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

I am filing my petition to become a Freemason at my local lodge next Thursday. I attend the School of Mind, learning whatever I wish to know. I am interested in a great number of societies outside of Freemasonry.

If you are really interested in the highest truth, then why are you going to petition someone? Don't you realize that petitioning is strictly grounded in duality? There must be an "other" to petition. Therefore, my conclusion is, you are more interested in 'knowledge' than truth. Good luck, the Freemasons have lots of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Now, let's start with the first sentence.

Look, let's skip the whole analysis of Thomas... my original, and current, point is that your Freemason guy got it wrong. I stand by that, and that's all I really have to say, apart from the general notion that Gnostic Christianity isn't Christianity, which only the terminally clueless would claim.

When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man, and when you say, 'Mountain, move away,' it will move away."

When you make the two one, you will become sons of Man and if you say: ‘Mountain, move!’, it will move."

That's almost verbatim...I don't know what you are banging on about honestly.

Go back to my original post in this thread (here) and you will see that I said he'd gotten 106 correct, but that the rest of it was garbage.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Pretending to be dense is seldom a wise move... Unless you're being forced into office.

Not any less wise than appeals to ridicule.

Unless utilized on any random playground of course where they still carry considerable weight.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Pretending to be dense is seldom a wise move... Unless you're being forced into office.

Not any less wise than appeals to ridicule.

Unless utilized on any random playground of course where they still carry considerable weight.

"Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
(1 Cor 9:19-23)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ego bashing is good for the soul.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Ok Glenn Beck. When you decide you'd rather lay off the sauce we'll have a real talk.

What are you, twelve years old? You've done nothing but spout nonsense and bad lyrics in this thread. Your "wisdom", as regards Romans, was shown to be selective quoting, though I see that you've posted that same "insight" repeatedly on ATS, so apparently you're proud of it.

When you lay off the narcissism, we'll have a real talk.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

What are you, twelve years old? You've done nothing but spout nonsense and bad lyrics in this thread. Your "wisdom", as regards Romans, was shown to be selective quoting, though I see that you've posted that same "insight" repeatedly on ATS, so apparently you're proud of it.

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

I'll be a whole lot prouder when you break it down.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So is changing the litter box.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I own a dog, but significantly favor the pussy you don't have to scoop up after.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

In truth, I hope you latch onto more superior adjectives. My excuse... I'm just being facetious a bit.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

My excuse... I'm just being facetious a bit.

Sorry, but I consider ignorance of truth, such as that testified to by the OP's source, which he posted carelessly, and by you, for claiming that your "A take on Romans 1:20" was a Gnostic interpretation, to not be a facetious matter. If you believe in truth, rather than manipulative lies, I would suggest thinking before you post in the future.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Sorry, but I consider ignorance of truth, such as that testified to by the OP's source, which he posted carelessly, and by you, for claiming that your "A take on Romans 1:20" was a Gnostic interpretation, to not be a facetious matter. If you believe in truth, rather than manipulative lies, I would suggest thinking before you post in the future.

What you consider Gnostic interpretation I view a more pristine translation, so perhaps you'll define the actual terms later on.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Nothing bad about this...

If travel is searching,
And home what's been found

I'm not stopping

I'm going hunting
I'm the hunter
I'll bring back the "goods,"
But I won't know when

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What you consider Gnostic interpretation I view a more pristine translation, so perhaps you'll define the actual terms later on.

That doesn't make any sense. Set your narcissistic elitism aside and ask the question that a normal human being would ask.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Nothing bad about this...

lol, sure. A "Poetry 101" student might turn out something so profound, so yeah, nothing "bad" about that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I own a dog, but significantly favor the pussy you don't have to scoop up after.

What breed? I have two pits myself.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join