It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew Alphabet is based on the Star of David..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Some are saying it's a bit of a stretch - sure, maybe it is a bit of a stretch, but not a huge one. Maybe the alphabet was initially based off of the sex-pointed star, and eventually took on its own more fluid shape. They all fit ok, but then maybe that's a function of so many different lines and angles. I guess I would wonder which came first - the star, or the alphabet...

I've often wondered whether ancient alphabets, Hebrew being an example, have some sort of advanced algorithm behind them, almost as if each is a "macro" for really far advanced mathematical calculations. (much how the numerology of the Hebrew Lnguage conveys meaning both in numbers and the word meaning itself.) if you look into it, it really is amazing, makes me think of some form of advanced programming. I'm kinda vague-ing it out, but maybe some of you get what my partially-developed line of thinking is.

Oh, and the poster talking about societies to expand the learning through, etc., who is registering with the freemason lodge - check out the AMORC (Rosicrucian Order) - I've had great experiences with the AMORC.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Americanist

My excuse... I'm just being facetious a bit.

Sorry, but I consider ignorance of truth, such as that testified to by the OP's source, which he posted carelessly, and by you, for claiming that your "A take on Romans 1:20" was a Gnostic interpretation, to not be a facetious matter. If you believe in truth, rather than manipulative lies, I would suggest thinking before you post in the future.

What you consider Gnostic interpretation I view a more pristine translation, so perhaps you'll define the actual terms later on.

That doesn't make any sense. Set your narcissistic elitism aside and ask the question that a normal human being would ask.

Let's recap shall we... Gnostic and thinking in the same paragraph. Pretty clever to get my point across without realizing. Look, I didn't claim anything. I cited an example of how translations hold like meaning. There's no debating because we've gone from Hebrew, Latin, Greek, and now to English. Ask yourself how many versions of the Bible we have in English circa 2000. If you're searching for truth, wise up first. This amounts to a level of skill you've failed at presenting.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

My excuse... I'm just being facetious a bit.

Sorry, but I consider ignorance of truth, such as that testified to by the OP's source, which he posted carelessly, and by you, for claiming that your "A take on Romans 1:20" was a Gnostic interpretation, to not be a facetious matter. If you believe in truth, rather than manipulative lies, I would suggest thinking before you post in the future.

What you consider Gnostic interpretation I view a more pristine translation, so perhaps you'll define the actual terms later on.

That doesn't make any sense. Set your narcissistic elitism aside and ask the question that a normal human being would ask.

Let's recap shall we... Gnostic and thinking in the same paragraph. Pretty clever to get my point across without realizing. Look, I didn't claim anything. I cited an example of how translations hold like meaning. There's no debating because we've gone from Hebrew, Latin, Greek, and now to English. Ask yourself how many versions of the Bible we have in English circa 2000. If you're searching for truth, wise up first. This amounts to a level of skill you've failed at presenting.

... and let me summarize your statement here:

You demonstrate no knowledge of Christian theology, any sense of understanding as to what the Gnostics thought, and you rely on spurious claims that have no real basis in fact.

Geez, even the Gnostics would be embarrassed by you.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ego bashing is good for the soul.

So is changing the litter box.

I own a dog, but significantly favor the pussy you don't have to scoop up after.

What breed? I have two pits myself.

She's a rescue, but I'm guessing border collie, beagle, and perhaps pit. When she gets to breathing out her mouth others recognize her as the pit breed. Alpha female all the way!

Here's the munchie nativity scene for you:

edit on 11-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I'm going to stick with golf claps. Why? Because golf bores me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

I'm going to stick with golf claps. Why? Because golf bores me.

Glad to know that you have as much reverence for the OP's claims as I do.

And, with that, I'm done. I was unimpressed with your puerile lyrics, the OP's clearly unsourced and invalid quotes from the Gospel of Thomas and everything that resulted, thus. Good luck with your band, bro.

And, to the OP, I hope that you enjoy your apron, your blindfold and all the lying that goes on during your initiation. Think that world dominion awaits your induction? More likely a Shriner go-kart:

Enjoy the ride, lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't think this is a stretch of the imagination at all.

The only deformation of the language characters is, effectively, an italicisation of them.

I can't think of any other languages that may have letter-symbols derived from a master symbol.

Perhaps this is what the Indus script is, but we just haven't found the master symbol ?

Intriguing, insightful and a job well done as far as i am concerned

QV.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Super interesting maybe, but there is a history to the language that predates the current configuration. Hebrew is proto-Cannanite, which originates with Phoenician. Each letter has a meaning and the meaning then tells a story of the Father, the Family and the Tent. The Goat Hair Tent improves to a brick dwelling and the two crossed sticks tell the story of the cross. I have several articles on this topic in my signature link. Also, a website is very interesting. Ancient Hebrew.ORG. The guy that wrote it has an ancient Hebrew Lexicon worth purchasing.
edit on 11-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
One Of the Best Books on the Subject of not just the Letters of Alphabets, but of Number and how they are Embedded into All aspects of Life is one of the Best Books I have Ever had the pleasure to read.

A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe

If you take this book and use it as a study guide for a few weeks, slowly absorbing all the information it will ultimately change the way you view the Universe and your place within it.

Just ordered it used on Amazon. Looks interesting. Thank you for the tip. I look for books like this. I have several of these types of resources on the Hebrew Language that outline the meaning behind each letter. My favorite is the Benner Lexicon of Ancient Hebrew. Ancient-Hebrew.org

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well that is a valid argument, but other that following something like that example, what might be a better suggestion as to how those symbols would have been formed?

It is assumed that there are only 22 letters for example. What if there are really twice as many in reality, but we were not taught those. I'd think there would have to be some sort of uniformity in creating things as all things are, but it would be interesting to find out if there is a better explanation than this. Personally right now I'd go with Occum's razor and just stick with this until a better explanation can be made.

What you are seeing is innate within the human reasoning. You are noticing that there is a matched set. You're correct.

Here is a description I wrote on the 22 letters of Hebrew and the 24 of Greek. They are a matched duality of concrete and abstract, literal and mathematical. You can read the full text in my signature link under the article "Theory of Existence." The missing part is the Greek. With our genome, there are 22 pairs and 2 sex chromosomes. The same Word that designed us is the same words from two languages we use to describe what was created. The duality of the mind, both left and right hemispheres, is seen as the archetype of the two languages coming together. Hebrew is a very literal and concrete language describing Agro-bio Linguistics. Greek is abstract. Eastern thinking is very concrete. Western is very abstract. The East and West must come together as one, just as all opposites need to see eye to eye. All symbols and forms, including each human, is a language.

" The Hebrew language consists of 22 letters that form roots to make words and sentences. Hebrew is a concrete language. Greek is an abstract language of 24 letters. Each letter of the Greek language represents various equations that form the links in the chain of life. Combine these two languages and you get 46 letters, symbolically representing the hidden information in our DNA.

Like looking in a mirror, the human genome is comprised of two sets of 22 chromosomes. Additionally, there are 2 sex chromosomes. Ironically, Hebrew and Greek letters equal the 46 roots of language. Another irony is found in the 22 Amino Acids that form sentences of proteins that create the body. From my perspective, the Spirit is the information that streams this essence to form in the material world. When complete, we have a dual nature to our mind and body. One part is concrete and literal, like the Hebrew language. The other part is abstract, like the Greek language. When the two become one, we transcend the material world of form and substance with reason and intellect."

edit on 11-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I use a Droid Razr so no pics.. but my youngest pit is a rescue. Beautiful dog u have.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Some are saying it's a bit of a stretch - sure, maybe it is a bit of a stretch, but not a huge one. Maybe the alphabet was initially based off of the sex-pointed star, and eventually took on its own more fluid shape. They all fit ok, but then maybe that's a function of so many different lines and angles. I guess I would wonder which came first - the star, or the alphabet...

I've often wondered whether ancient alphabets, Hebrew being an example, have some sort of advanced algorithm behind them, almost as if each is a "macro" for really far advanced mathematical calculations. (much how the numerology of the Hebrew Lnguage conveys meaning both in numbers and the word meaning itself.) if you look into it, it really is amazing, makes me think of some form of advanced programming. I'm kinda vague-ing it out, but maybe some of you get what my partially-developed line of thinking is.

Oh, and the poster talking about societies to expand the learning through, etc., who is registering with the freemason lodge - check out the AMORC (Rosicrucian Order) - I've had great experiences with the AMORC.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Aleph, daleth,He, samech, heth, qoph, shin, tav to name a few are way off.. But I can see why you would come to that conclusion

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

the credit for this is to rabbi Zamir Cohen.who pulished this few years ago!tvtorah.com... nel/Rabbi-Zamir-Cohen/

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This thread seems to have gotten lost in a whole load of stuff.

Essentially, the Hebrew alphabet was derived from Phoenician and wasn't made from the Star of David (which wasn't used as a Jewish emblem much until hundreds of years after the formation of the Hebrew alphabet).

Additionally, there are some interesting things being posted about Sacred Geometry, which is all well and good but doesn't affect the fact that the OP's claims weren't valid.

Perhaps the OP wanted to study these things, as OP's avatar would show an interest in a few such things.

The origins of these Kabbalist and often 'occultist' learnings are often from more ancient practices, such as Ancient Egyptian than Judaism.

About 20 years ago I studied the runes, Kabbahlistic Tarot, Angelic Hierarchies, Krsna Consciousnes and other of the schools of mysteries practices. I have to say these were an opening to my consciousness and wisdom, however, it doesn't necessarily bring joy with the wisdom, in fact I gained much insight into the unscrupulous practices of most religions, the lack of truth in most religions, the lack of love and respect for the greatest power 'God', the Highest Force and the downfall of humanity in that their attempting being 'God' has led to the mass deception of humanity and resulted in the state of affairs there is now in global politics and religious wars.

Having the ability to 'see through' the intentions of others is a very good skill I have gained but it also means I do not trust many people and think lowly of most. I am not claiming superiority, just that I always try to see the absolute truth in everything and most of humanity I have previously encountered, blatantly denied real truth for the sake of their own ego.

Buddhism is something else I have studied and it is a great teacher in how to truly learn whilst keeping human ego in line.

To truly learn from things like Kabbalah, first know it's origins and seek the truth as to how things came to be.

This guy has also discovered and debunked the claims made in the OP.

www.nccg.org...

Finally, it must be clearly remembered that those who evolved this block script were not only apostates from the Babylonian exile where they were much influenced by pagan ideas but they designed this new script to be a repository of occult knowledge that could be harmonised with other arcane wisdom that came to be known as the kaballah. Those who hid Egyptian occultism into Tarot and thereafter in modern playing cards did a similar thing.

In the illustration below you will see how the Divine Tetragrammaton (the Name of Yahweh) is viewed by them in anthropomorphic terms, the letters stacked one on top of the other to make the outline of their god-man, Adam Kadmon, which was absorbed into Mormonism by Joseph Smith who taught that Adam was the true god of mankind. In Brigham Young's time this was known as the 'Adam-God Doctrine' (since disavowed by the LDS Church):

edit on 11-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the most interresting point, would be the ramifications.

Is there anyone here, who can see the ramifications of this, if it be true?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It really is a great book,, I might have to go online and buy another copy,, as I can't find mine,, and have been looking for it,,, must have loaned it out,, now I want to reread it again, naturally.

I hope you enjoy it,, it is definitely a great learn as you go book. A friend and I did it as a study guide thing when it first came out,, now there are other additional books to go along with it,, so I might have to get those also,, just to see what they are like,,,

so many good books,, so little time... "sigh"

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ETA: Misunderstanding of the nature of the current alphabet and language form leads me to retract my original thought. Sorry for interrupting the thread.
edit on 11-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As Noted before,, I am not a big Stan Tenen fan,, but be that as it may,, I just thought of something that he has somewhere in his research.

It is how you can show each of the letters with your hands.. Will have to find and review to complete this thought,, but
the thought I just had was this.

Since we are talking about how the Letters can be derived from the HEXAGRAM

In practicing magick the use of the Hexagram goes out into the world in many cultures,, but the thought crossed my mind that Kabbalist, since they DO use Visualized Hebrew Letters in some of their practices,, my thought was how in ceremonial magick One Uses the Hexagram,, and How the Two could have been used together.
Traditionally it was used as a taslimanic symbol of Saturn,, which could give many clues I believe, and also reference the Seal OF Solomon

my idea was that the two things,, Using a form that Tenen has shown with the use of the hands to form the letters and how one Traces the Hexagram in Magick,, the two could have/be combined to Write Upon the Visualized Hexagram with the Hand signs to achieve various outcomes of a ceremony.
also,, no less than John Dee himself wrote:

in his book Hieroglyphic Monad, includes the following quote: "'Mahatma Letters,' page 345: 'The double triangle viewed by the Jewish Kabbalists as Solomon's Seal is...the Sri--Antana of the Archaic Aryan Temple, the Mystery of Mysteries, a geometrical synthesis of the whole occult doctrine. The two interlaced triangles are the Buddham-Gums of Creation. They contain the 'squaring of the Circle,' the 'Philosophers' Stone,' the great problems of Life and Death--the mystery of Evil. The Chela who can explain this sign from every one of its aspects is virtually an Adept.'"

Any others out there with practical experience? I am going to play with this some and will report back.

One of those flashes of Insight that I now will be obsessed about ,,,,,lol

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
I guess it's a good thing I'm not a Christian, then isn't it? I decide for my self what I want to learn and believe.

Hey, c'mon, be consistent, just a few minutes ago you were claiming aliens controlled us and have exiled the human race to Earth. At least that is what you have "learned and believe".

A break. Give it to us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join