It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Won't Prosecute Goldman Sachs For Financial Crisis!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Fnews/Video

When I came across these article, I just about threw-up in my mouth! Yet again, another multi-billion dollar Corp. getting off! IMO, I think these people should be hung where they stand! Where is the justice? I’m truly at a loss for words…!

The Justice Department said Thursday it won't prosecute Wall Street firm Goldman Sachs or its employees in a financial fraud probe.

The department and investigative agencies ultimately concluded that the burden of proof to bring a criminal case could not be met based on the law and facts as they exist at this time," the department said.

When I saw this a-hole with the smirk on his face and the thumbs up, I thought how nice I would have it, if I were only there to wipe it off his face.!

In a written statement, the department said it conducted an exhaustive investigation of allegations brought to light by a Senate panel investigating the 2008-2009 financial crisis.

Conducted an exhaustive investigation? Am I the only one who knew they would get off? I am curious...Anyone know how much it cost the tax payer for this "exhaustive investigation"?

I'm sorry my friends, I'm just a loss for words...

edit on 10-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Already been posted here.It's not my intention to call the OP out on this, I just think we should focus on one thread rather than spreading opinions out on multiple threads in which this is the fourth I've seen so far. The link I gave is the first one created to my knowledge.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Sorry my friends. Did not see on a search. Go ahead mods, Let her rip...!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Already been posted here.It's not my intention to call the OP out on this, I just think we should focus on one thread rather than spreading opinions out on multiple threads in which this is the fourth I've seen so far. The link I gave is the first one created to my knowledge.
Sorry my friend. Did a search and didn't find. All apologies..

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Sorry my friends. Did not see on a search. Go ahead mods, Let her rip...!
It's all good man, no need for apologies.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

The DOJ has not prosecuted anyone in the wake of the financial disaster. Zip!! When compared to the thousands of financial crime cases prosecuted by Bush and Clinton you have to scratch your head and wonder.

Not to derail your thread. But here is a thread I posted not long ago concerning this very large problem.

A new report from the conservative Government Accountability Institute (GAI) finds that President Barack Obama’s and Attorney General Eric Holder’s failure to criminally charge any top Wall Street bankers is likely a result of cronyism inside the Department of Justice and political donations made to Obama’s campaign.

Despite Obama’s and Holder’s “heated rhetoric” against Wall Street (in 2009, Obama blamed the 2008 financial collapse on “reckless speculation of bankers” while Holder charged that “unscrupulous executives, Ponzi scheme operators and common criminals alike have targeted the pocketbooks and retirement accounts of middle class Americans”), they haven’t “filed a single criminal charge against any top executive of an elite financial institution,” GAI wrote in its report, exclusively obtained by The Daily Caller.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is something much deeper going on. Eric Holder worked for the Lawfirm Covington and Burling who represented Goldman Sachs among other TOP tier financial firms like Bof A, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, Morgan Stanley etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Not to nit pick, but if we want to maintain a central focus please join in here. This goes way beyond Goldman Sachs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

there is no problem with posting the same content in two separate forums, that i am aware of.

it's nothing new this banker cartel arrangement and we see this as the norm these days. i guess the only real question is how long will we the people allow our govt. officials to be paid for shills, in an ever threatening world.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
yeah....good thing they didn't steal a six-pack of beer from a convienence store, then they would have been arrested and sent to jail.
if you don't think the wealthy run this country, here's proof that they do. and to think...protesters from OWS have spent more time in jail than any of these people.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What law (statute) would you charge them with?

Glass-Steagall was repealed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.

The repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act occurred on November 12, 1999 with the passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, officially known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999. That legislation repealed the portion of the Glass-Steagall Act which barred banks holding insured deposits from merging with Wall Street securities firms. It also removed the barrier located in the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 which prevented insured deposit banks from merging with insurance companies.

That is what paved the way for big Wall Street banks to do exactly what they did - securitize mortgages and sold them as investments.

NOW everyone suddenly expects the DOJ to charge someone with a crime over this? After Congress GUTTED the regulations to PREVENT this in the first place?

You can't go back in time, and pick a law that has since been WIPED from the books, to prosecute someone today.

Even when banking regulations had been proposed to tackled this very problem in the form of the Dodd-Frank Act, it TOO was attacked and derailed.

A certain political faction demanded banking deregulation, and they got it. NOW they want justice for the aftermath they helped usher in?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I guess we could start with fraud and go from there. Then there is the tax evasion, and I am positive, just like anyone else, if we look hard enough we will find them breaking many more laws.
Police do it to your average american everyday.

top topics

join