It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cop reassigned for eacting Chick-Fil-A?!?!?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous! A 12-year veteran cop, reading a bulletin about a counter protest, and having the food for lunch, is moved to an overnight shift at a jail, all because a couple of lesbians got offended that he ate in front of them, and was "looking at them" while reading a bulletin, which is part of his job? Gee, the thought police are alive and well, and apparently cops aren't allowed to have opinions, or food that certain people don't approve. This makes me sick!

A baseless accusation can cause you issues now.....




posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


Is the new word for being hungry eacting?

Perhaps there is more to the story, making no judgement, just based on your title.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Did you read your own source?



A veteran Dallas police sergeant is under investigation after two lesbian officers complained that he brought a Chick-fil-A sandwich to work – and made comments they alleged were inappropriate......Sgt. Mark Johnson, a 12-year veteran of the police force is accused of placing the sandwich bag in front of the two lesbian officers and making comments they found offensive.


So this has nothing to do with where he ate. He allegedly made inappropriate comments to two lesbian COPS.

I'm sure the truth will come out and I think that we need to put this Chic-fil-a crap to rest. It's a dumb topic and was blown completely out of proportion.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


The article says it was 'unclear what was said' that was supposedly offensive. That could make a difference if it was a joke in poor taste or something meant to be offensive or mean.

At my work some gay people and straight people have been joking together in harmony about the whole thing and how dramatic it became.

I'd like to stage a sit in to protest how tired I am of hearing about Chik-Fil-A



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Eating in a threatening manner. Deserved what he got.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 





posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sigh.

I really wish people would learn two things:

How to stop being so damned over sensitive, and common courtesy. That is, to control what one is saying and have the common decency to care how the other person feels, and stop being a jerk.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This is beyond ridiculous! A 12-year veteran cop, reading a bulletin about a counter protest, and having the food for lunch, is moved to an overnight shift at a jail, all because a couple of lesbians got offended that he ate in front of them, and was "looking at them" while reading a bulletin, which is part of his job? Gee, the thought police are alive and well, and apparently cops aren't allowed to have opinions, or food that certain people don't approve. This makes me sick!

A baseless accusation can cause you issues now.....


How is this the "thought police"?

He was not disciplined for what he was thinking, it was something he said. There is a huge difference.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Did you read your own source?



A veteran Dallas police sergeant is under investigation after two lesbian officers complained that he brought a Chick-fil-A sandwich to work – and made comments they alleged were inappropriate......Sgt. Mark Johnson, a 12-year veteran of the police force is accused of placing the sandwich bag in front of the two lesbian officers and making comments they found offensive.


So this has nothing to do with where he ate. He allegedly made inappropriate comments to two lesbian COPS.

I'm sure the truth will come out and I think that we need to put this Chic-fil-a crap to rest. It's a dumb topic and was blown completely out of proportion.


Yes, I read it. "Allegedly", and his side isn't even presented before he's punished? They can't investigate first? Nope, assume the guy is evil, and reassign him, based on nothing but an accusation. Guilty until proven innocent now, right? So much for the Constitution......



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


The article says it was 'unclear what was said' that was supposedly offensive. That could make a difference if it was a joke in poor taste or something meant to be offensive or mean.

At my work some gay people and straight people have been joking together in harmony about the whole thing and how dramatic it became.

I'd like to stage a sit in to protest how tired I am of hearing about Chik-Fil-A



That's my point. Nothing is clear yet, but he's already punished, before an investigation s even done, just so they can be politically "correct". That is a serious violation of his civil rights. Besides which, since when is there a right to not be offended?? Poor taste isn't a crime....or wasn't a crime. These days, you only have rights of you are in certain groups.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


This is what happens when emotionally unstable people are taken seriously. Scary thing is, they let them have jobs involving firearms. You would think a couple females, with such a job, would have thicker skin.

Use to see this in the service, Bad thing was, with them, you couldn't do "wall to wall counceling" to "square them away".

Such pettiness.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This is beyond ridiculous! A 12-year veteran cop, reading a bulletin about a counter protest, and having the food for lunch, is moved to an overnight shift at a jail, all because a couple of lesbians got offended that he ate in front of them, and was "looking at them" while reading a bulletin, which is part of his job? Gee, the thought police are alive and well, and apparently cops aren't allowed to have opinions, or food that certain people don't approve. This makes me sick!

A baseless accusation can cause you issues now.....


How is this the "thought police"?

He was not disciplined for what he was thinking, it was something he said. There is a huge difference.


No, it was that he MIGHT HAVE said something. If you read the article, he was reading a bulletin - his JOB - and they were offended that he looked at them during that reading. So some ding-a-lings get offended, and he gets reassigned, with no investigation. Guilty until proven innocent, and punished because a "protected" (read "better than you") group pair complains. No investigation first, no real indication of anything actually WRONG, and he's reassigned. Yes, thought police. If someone thinks you think badly of them, even looking at them can now get you into trouble at work.

You know, if I worked there, I would be buying Chick-Fil-A for the entire office daily for lunch.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


Is it a punishment or a way of separating the two parties? Easier to move one person to a different shift than two. Makes sense to do that before an investigation. You don't just solve these problems in an hour.

Now I can totally see this going either way. Overly sensitive women, or incredibly foul mouthed tirade by good old boy. You can't have that kind of crap going on in a job like that. From my experience female cops are pretty raunchy and thick skinned. They give as good as they get and it would take something over the top. Then again this is a hot button issue.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


I have read some of your post and I would like to say, you have it right. Just like in your OP
But you can not use reason or logic on these kind of people.
"They will call, evil good and good evil"



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would like to know if a KFC lunch would have garnered their attention.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This is beyond ridiculous! A 12-year veteran cop, reading a bulletin about a counter protest, and having the food for lunch, is moved to an overnight shift at a jail, all because a couple of lesbians got offended that he ate in front of them, and was "looking at them" while reading a bulletin, which is part of his job? Gee, the thought police are alive and well, and apparently cops aren't allowed to have opinions, or food that certain people don't approve. This makes me sick!

A baseless accusation can cause you issues now.....


*ahem*

From your article




and made comments they alleged were inappropriate.


I think THAT may have had more to do with his reassignment. Not just the fact that he ate the sandwich. When you have to use deception to make an argument , you lose.



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


You haven't a clue, if he has a record of past behavior, that the decision to move him, was based on. Your whole diatribe is based on what you've read in this one article. Now, who's jumping the gun.....

Des



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I live southeast of the DFW metroplex but pick up the network stations from there on satellite ... The police officer that was reassigned to the central division jail had made derogatory remarks to the two female officers and was reassigned pending an investigation... That is what was reported on the three major network channels...



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes
 


There is more to this story because the way you wrote it out doesn't make any sense.
"A couple of lesbians" is that fact or just you projecting?



posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Talk about making a story out of nothing.

The guy supposedly said something inappropriate to two lesbian officers. They moved him to a different shift while the incident is being investigated. I'm willing to bet that the guy went way overboard, or he has past history with at least one of the two females officers. Either way, the odds are good that there is something substantial somewhere for his shift to be changed, let alone this make the news. Who knows, the guy may have wanted a different shift anyways.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join