It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Let's repeat auto industry success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Obama: Let's repeat auto industry success

A powerful speech in Colorado by Obama:

“I said, I believe in American workers, I believe in this American industry, and now the American auto industry has come roaring back,” he said. “Now I want to do the same thing with manufacturing jobs, not just in the auto industry, but in every industry."

“I don’t want those jobs taking root in places like China, I want those jobs taking root in places like Pueblo,”

Obama told a crowd gathered for a campaign rally at the Palace of Agriculture at the Colorado State Fairgrounds here.

“Gov. Romney brags about his private sector experience, but it was mostly invested in companies, some of which were called 'pioneers of outsourcing,'” Obama said. “I don’t want to be a pioneer of outsourcing. I want to insource.”

Obama: Let's repeat auto industry success (Politico story and video)

GM is a success story ?

GM saved jobs ?

GM made money for the Government ?
(or did the "loss" outweigh the cost of private bankruptcy)

Maybe a private "bankruptcy" would have been better?

Many are questioning "corporate" welfare yet praise the GM "miracle".

What Exactly does Obama mean ?

Will his words be "mis-understood" ?

edit on Aug-09-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
give me a piece of a $700 billion bailout with no interest rates, make my business a "person" and liable for that debt and then make myself an employee of that "person" with a generous compensation package and a colossal yearly bonus and i'll make a roaring comeback too.

link   
No more bailouts dang it! With what money are we going to bailout every manufacturing job in the US? We do need manufacturing to come back strong, but we also need to encourage it properly, not just handing out money when someone makes bad decisions and runs their business into the ground.

WE ARE BROKE STOP SPENDING!

link   
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Does that mean Obama wants to "invest" tax payer money into all aspects of manufacturing?

He's going to nationalise the manufacturing industry?

Or does he mean he wants 20,000 non union manufacturing workers to lose their jobs (same as GM)?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hugo Chavez is here and living large.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow.
I think it just means that Obama is counting on the American people being extremely ignorant and weak. I hope he's not right.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't think it means anything but a touch on the sentiment and helplessness of the people.

Bring jobs back to America and get people back to work on the American dream.

He's pulling at heart strings for election time and won't deliver on this as he didn't deliver on anything he promised last time.

Nothing but another "Yes We Can!"...and he didn't.

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Does that mean Obama wants to "invest" tax payer money into all aspects of manufacturing?

He's going to nationalise the manufacturing industry?

Or does he mean he wants 20,000 non union manufacturing workers to lose their jobs (same as GM)?

Lol, no, for now he just wants their votes!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Hugo Chavez is here and living large.

You may not be too far from truth !

A very credible source says:

As NewsBusters has reported over the years, Venezuelan actress Maria Conchita Alonso is no fan of her native country's current despotic ruler Hugo Chavez.

During a Spreecast interview with Steve Malzberg Wednesday, Alonso said that if Barack Obama wins reelection in November, America would be making a step towards becoming like Chavez's Venezuela "in the near future" (video follows with transcript, relevant section at 17:40):
Maria Conchita Alonso: Obama Reelection Moves U.S. Towards Becoming Chavez's Venezuela

Alarming prophecy ?

top topics

join