It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court upholds eviction of 8 Palestinian villages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The High Court of Justice on Thursday upheld a state order to demolish eight unauthorized Palestinian villages in the South Hebron Hills that are located in IDF Firing Zone 918. It ruled in response to a petition filed on behalf of the villages by the Association of Civil Rights in Israel in 2000 But the court said that the villagers could remain in their homes until November. It also told ACRI that it had the right to refile a petition on behalf of the 1,500 villagers, who herd sheep in the area.

The initial petition involved 12 villages, but in July the Defense Ministry said it would allow four of the villages to use a portion of the firing zone for their homes. The ministry added that it would be problematic to allow the other eight villages to remain.

Despite the court case, the issue lay dormant for years. It came to a head in the past year as growing Palestinian illegal construction in Firing Zone 918 has conflicted with increased IDF use of the area.

How can Israel evict people from land that doesn't belong to Israel? This is getting sickening how Israel is stealing land and acting like they own it. America needs to cut all ties with the apartheid state of Israel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I took some other quotes from your article and they gave me a different impression.

Under the Oslo Accords, Israeli has complete civil and military control over Area C.

But the court said that the villagers could remain in their homes until November. It also told ACRI that it had the right to refile a petition on behalf of the 1,500 villagers, who herd sheep in the area.

Despite the court case, the issue lay dormant for years. It came to a head in the past year as growing Palestinian illegal construction in Firing Zone 918 has conflicted with increased IDF use of the area.

Still, the state has said it would allow the Palestinians temporary access to the area to herd sheep during times when the military was not using it.

A report by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said that 45 percent of demolitions of Palestinian-owned structures in Area C of the West Bank since 2010 have occurred in firing zones, displacing 820 Palestinians.

Under the Oslo Accords, Israeli has complete civil and military control over Area C.

ACRI said it plans to file a new petition with regard to the eight villages. It added that it believed the court’s decision was a technical one, that allowed for a new case that focused on the eight villages.

It noted that in the decision, Justice Uzi Vogelman wrote, “There is no stand taken by the court in its decision to reject the petition. This is made clear by the petitioners being allowed to submit another petition to the court.”

Israel may have done many bad things, but this one doesn't seem to be horrendous. Besides, if I was living in a firing range, I'd want to be evicted too.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This is disgusting. The Palestinians villages have been there before Israel was even created.

Imagine if the government wanted to destroy a YOUR house and land on which your family has lived forever on.

JUST TO USE FOR A MILITARY TRAINING GROUND

I would be pissed off

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ask the natives of the old Dutch, British, Spanish, Portuguese, and French colonies the same questions. They are pissed off. We don't hear them because they were stripped of their voice.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Who the buggery do these Israelis/jews think they are?? Up until the 20's most of them had buggered off from that region for centuries and decided to settle all over the place,mainly Europe. Israel is not the land of the jews, the Palestinians have lived there for centuries farming and living off the land. They are nothing better than squatters, they wait for the Palestinians to go out/work, and when they (Palestinians) come back, they find they are barred from their own house and lands, and a jewish family has set up home in their home that has been in their family for 3-4 generations..DISGUSTING behaviour, parasites.

E.G. www.telegraph.co.uk...
mondoweiss.net...

They make me SICK!!!! .

Hope I do not get barred for my outspoken rant.

edit on 09/08/2012 by agnes because: (no reason given)

edit on 09/08/2012 by agnes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

How can Israel evict people from land that doesn't belong to Israel? This is getting sickening how Israel is stealing land and acting like they own it. America needs to cut all ties with the apartheid state of Israel.

It is getting pretty sad. Don't get me wrong the situation has always been sad but both sides are supposed to be working to some type of solution.

Palestine takes peaceful measures such as applying for recognition from the UN which they are trying again next month. And Israel is always acting counter productive with events like this, It's like they are purposely trying to sabotage the peace process.

I wonder if this decision has anything to do with Palestine's plan to apply for statehood again next month?

Palestinian leader to make statehood bid

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas will take a first procedural step toward seeking U.N. recognition of a state of Palestine when he addresses the General Assembly in late September, but has not decided when to ask for a vote on his request, the Palestinian foreign minister said Saturday.

The last time Palestine applied for statehood Israel threatened to annex the West Bank.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The Palestinians will never attain full statehood while Zionists run the White House.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Barack Obama has told Mahmoud Abbas that the US would veto any United Nations Security Council move to recognise Palestinian statehood, according to the White House.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

The ironic thing is that Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize for his part in the "Middle East Peace Process" which is absolutely ridiculous. He has done nothing but echo Netanyahu's rhretoric other than the odd time he has spoken out. The last time he spoke out Bibi lectured him live on TV in the Oval Office

So you are right that the Zionists run the White House, especially if the Israeli leader is allowed to belittled the president in his own home.

Regrettably you are right, at this time there is not much hope for the Palestinian people.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

The High Court of Justice on Thursday upheld a state order to demolish eight unauthorized Palestinian villages in the South Hebron Hills that are located in IDF Firing Zone 918. It ruled in response to a petition filed on behalf of the villages by the Association of Civil Rights in Israel in 2000 But the court said that the villagers could remain in their homes until November. It also told ACRI that it had the right to refile a petition on behalf of the 1,500 villagers, who herd sheep in the area.

The initial petition involved 12 villages, but in July the Defense Ministry said it would allow four of the villages to use a portion of the firing zone for their homes. The ministry added that it would be problematic to allow the other eight villages to remain.

HOW can we do it ? Just like we are doing it. One **&^%%%$* at a time. I am sorry you are so sick, you should disconnect your puter and sell your modem. You obviously need a break from the stress of the Internet. Your taking it all way to personally.

As far as cutting ties, wrong again. Support has never been higher, I myself send the IDF $100.00 per month. B4 you cut your internet, can you please send us more $? thanks a bunch Buster.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

As far as cutting ties, wrong again. Support has never been higher, I myself send the IDF $100.00 per month. B4 you cut your internet, can you please send us more $? thanks a bunch Buster.

How does it feel to be a financial supporter of genocide.

I bet it feels great don't it.

You should be thrown in jail for supporting a terrorist organization (The IDF)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Star&Flagged

This illustration will give you Simple Facts.

A brief history of how the borders came to be

edit on 10-8-2012 by trutherecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

How does it feel to be a financial supporter of genocide.

I bet it feels great don't it.

You should be thrown in jail for supporting a terrorist organization (The IDF)

Actually I should be thrown a party for supporting true heroes and warriors.

I am rewarded for my contribution every time I see a burnt out hulk of some terrorists car, or the little grease stain on the hiway where once stood a radical terrorist. It elates me to know where my $ is going.

The faster the mopping up operation begins, the better the glorious country of Israel will be. I may double my contribution to $200.00 per month to help speed things along. Your big crocodile tears will do nothing to sway me, in fact it empowers me, cause I love seeing you cry.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Speaking of warriors - These "palestinian woman" can chew you alive.

WATCH: Man vs Woman - Gun vs Stone

IDF officer stones, shoots at Palestinian protesters

edit on 10-8-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvrilDupre
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ask the natives of the old Dutch, British, Spanish, Portuguese, and French colonies the same questions. They are pissed off. We don't hear them because they were stripped of their voice.

The difference being is that this is happening NOW, not in the past.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

nice! with logic like this should we all cheer if israel gets nuked? i mean really israel was founded by terrorism and if killing terrorist should be cheered then it seems to follow that we should.
it is one thing to fund the idf it is another to glory in the death of others.
but i will be honest i dont know if you are being true here. your little rant sounds more like a troll trying to bait the anti-israel crowd, if so well done! your rant disgusts me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary

nice! with logic like this should we all cheer if israel gets nuked? i mean really israel was founded by terrorism and if killing terrorist should be cheered then it seems to follow that we should.
it is one thing to fund the idf it is another to glory in the death of others.
but i will be honest i dont know if you are being true here. your little rant sounds more like a troll trying to bait the anti-israel crowd, if so well done! your rant disgusts me.

He's likely trolling anyone he can. Just look at his name, posts and signature, all of it raises red flags. Just ignore him like a dog begging for scraps and he'll eventually wander away.

Your time is much better spent discussing the topic at hand with the reasonable people of the thread, it is far more likely to sway someone than engaging a vitriolic person who's every word drips with intolerance. As a former (sort of) lurker I can honestly say that you will reach people with thoughtful dialogue, even if you never hear about it.

On topic: I have never heard of an altruistic government and I find the idea preposterous, so I'm not going to comment on exactly how evil Israel may or may not be. I will say that the words of The Torah and their lack of a Messiah should have the Jewish community uproariously angry at the thought of Israel being rebuilt.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think it was a mistake to take sovereign land away from one group and give it to the Jewish people as a consolation prize for surviving Hitler's concentration camps. I see that the Jewish people have been radicalized by Hitler and they don't even see the effect it has had on the psyche of the Jewish people in general. What Hitler did was wrong. However, that does not excuse the behavior of the Jewish people.

Today, the Jewish people have become the oppressor while claiming self defense is just like the US open ended war on terror which is also changing the American government as many of us see.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The farthest distance a man can travel is from his heart to his head and you seem to bring true the wisdom of that parable. I don't know if your an attention seaking troll or actually believe the ignorance you spew but hopefully one day you realize there is more to the world than hate.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's really funny how biased this thread is, nowhere in here those it say that most of the villagers live in different villages nowhere kinda biased don't you think

Just go ahead say you hate Jews, Israel, Israelis.. At least how the b$&@s to admit it, eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Directpowerhouse

I don't really understand your thread. The people who have lost their homes were there because they were displaced from their previous houses by the I.O.F. they were taking refuge in this make-shift village because they had no-where else to go.
Do you think they could afford an apartment in Tel Aviv?

BTW I do hate Israelis.
edit on 12-8-2012 by abdel because: I added the Israeli bit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join