It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google pays $22.5 million to settle Apple Safari charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Google pays $22.5 million to settle Apple Safari charges

tribune.com.pk

The deal ends an FTC probe into allegations that Google used computer code known as “cookies” to trick the Safari browser on iPhones and iPads so the Internet search company could monitor users who had blocked such tracking.

Google will also have to disable the tracking cookies that ended up on consumers’ computers, despite the company’s assurances it was not placing cookies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No surprise hear. Google is not just a search engine, its a data base. If you have used google you are in that data base. They have photographed every square mile of earth, the moon and mars. They have made millions of phones that track millions of users, and they plan to make a DNA/biometric data base. I would advise you not to trust google, if you do not trust google then you should not use google. Change your homepage right now.

tribune.com.pk

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh, I like this:

While it was the largest penalty the FTC has ever placed on a company for violating a Commission order, the fine is a drop in the bucket for a company that chalked up revenues of $12.21 billion in the second quarter. But revelations of the cookie embarrassed the search engine company.

They're embarrassed? WTF? They're embarrassed!? They should be criminally prosecuted!

But what am I saying? They're Google....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

No surprise hear. Google is not just a search engine, its a data base. If you have used google you are in that data base. They have photographed every square mile of earth, the moon and mars. They have made millions of phones that track millions of users, and they plan to make a DNA/biometric data base. I would advise you not to trust google, if you do not trust google then you should not use google. Change your homepage right now.

tribune.com.pk

No, Google has never photographed either the moon nor Mars. The Google Mars and Moon images comes to us by courtesy of NASA.... And No, Google doesn't have satellites giving us the imagery of earth either.

top topics

join