It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition - Next Thursday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So, I finally called my Masonic Lodge, and talked to the Master. Ironically, his name is Ron Hubbard, which we had a laugh over. He said he was interested in meeting me, and I should come to the Degree next week during dinner to fill out my petition.

What do you think Masons? Do I have what it takes to truly grasp Freemasonry? Until I found out what it truly was, I had no idea. Now, this is all I've wanted. My thirst for divine knowledge can never and will never be quenched. As I type this now, my eyes tear up, because I realize the truth in that statement. Knowledge is the most important thing in the world to me; for with it, I can help to reshape the world.
edit on 9-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

“There is one sign which has never changed its meaning anywhere in the civilized world—the Compass and the Square. A sign of the union of the body and soul.”

And the balance of the body and soul, results in the transmutation of lead to gold.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, I want to wish you luck on your journey through the Craft. You get out of Freemasonry what you put into it. I think you will do fine, but in the end only you'll know that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Black, and white are all I see, in my infancy. Red and Yellow, then came to be, reaching out to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I wish you luck on your potentially new journey in your life. I myself am not a mason, though have been told by other masons, including my own brother that I would fit in perfectly and that I should petition to join the lodge. However, I told them it's just not my path to follow.

I believe my path has been set as an objective observer and ardent researcher. I still seek higher knowledge and thirst for the truth, but at least I will not be bound to secrecy when I find it.

Hopefully you will find the truth you've been seeking! I know most masons say it was the best thing they ever did, so the odds are you'll be happy with this path in life. Take care and good luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Thank you, I think it is good and well that I chose to embark upon this endeavor while I am young. I wish to be the next P.Hall.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Man, I wish you luck. I hope it's what you expect or better and that you are invited to join.

I've always been angry I can't go join since I'm a woman, so...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Eastern Star; Specifically for our lunar counterparts

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I was under the impression your husband first had to be a mason in order for a woman to even apply to Eastern Star.

If I was wrong, you just made me start glowing. I've always been fascinated but never understood why.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

As far as I am aware, my Mother never married a Mason, and was asked to join the Eastern Star.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

I was under the impression your husband first had to be a mason in order for a woman to even apply to Eastern Star.

If I was wrong, you just made me start glowing. I've always been fascinated but never understood why.

In some states, a female candidate is required to have a relative who was a Master Mason, but not necessarily a husband. Could be a cousin, grandpa, brother-in-law, and so on. In other states, no such requirement exists.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Congratulations on your decision to join the Fraternity, from what I have seen of your posts I think you will enjoy it.
reply to post by Ameilia

There are mixed gender and feminine only Freemasonic Orders world wide. If you have a genuine interest, send me a U2U.
edit on 10-8-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski
I believe my path has been set as an objective observer and ardent researcher. I still seek higher knowledge and thirst for the truth, but at least I will not be bound to secrecy when I find it.
You are mistaken if you think any form of Masonry makes any truths secret. The only secrecy in Masonry is the letter of our instruction, not the knowledge that is gained by receiving those lessons.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think you will really enjoy it.

If you are like me you will probably be a little confused/frustrated at first because Masonry provides the tools to work on your journey, but it doesn't give you the answers.

You will find a lot of great lifelong friends, and there will be others who are seekers like you. They might be in the minority, but they are there.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

“There is one sign which has never changed its meaning anywhere in the civilized world—the Compass and the Square. A sign of the union of the body and soul.”

And the balance of the body and soul, results in the transmutation of lead to gold.

I wish you the best, but to be honest I am worried about your expectations. That quote is not any part of Masonry, and I just searched and I only find it on some sorely misled blogs.

Masonry is a good thing for anybody, but I'm afraid you are not going to find what you are looking for, and then in your disappointment you will be back here bashing Masonry before very long. Going into it with unrealistic expectations is where a lot of Masons go wrong.

There are not any grand secrets that are unveiled unto you, there are a few lectures and generalized morality lessons, but you've already uncovered those in your searches online. Outside of that, there is only the camaraderie of your brethren, and that can be good or bad. I love all my brothers, but some of them are not the brightest bulbs in the box, some of them are ideologically opposed to me on topics of religion or politics, some of them are business men that I've regretted doing business with, while some of them are wondrous, pious, and amazing men.

Please just keep your expectations low, and go in with an open mind. I'd hate to see your expectations turn into disappointment which will eventually turn into sourness.
edit on 10-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Deman S. Wagstaff, author of Wagstaff’s Standard Masonry (1922) explained:

books.google.com...

This link actually shows you the text from the book.

Wagstaff Quote: Google Books

I respect your concern, however I assure you, I am well aware of what I am getting myself into, and what it is about.
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Deman S. Wagstaff, author of Wagstaff’s Standard Masonry (1922) explained:

books.google.com...
edit on 10-8-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Thank you, I'm unfamiliar with that book, but I can assure you that the quote is not a Masonic lesson. There is nothing in the 3 degrees of Masonry about a "union of the body and soul."

With many publications out there, you get a person's opinion, and it is important to recognize it as such. Perhaps Mr. Wagstaff interpreted his lessons that way, and perhaps you will also, but not all of us will, each person will interpret their lessons in their own way.

As you go through the lessons, you seem to have much more knowledge than the average candidate, you will surely reach conclusions that a lot of candidates don't reach. That could be a wondrous thing! I hope it is. I'm only cautioning you to lower your expectations a bit. There is even a line in a degree about how the work might seem "trite and frivolous." It does seem that way at some points, but it is still worth doing, and you will get out of it in direct proportion to what you put in, and you seem motivated and energetic, so it should be GREAT for you. But you aren't going to get the secrets of the universe or the pyramids or the dollar bill. Just proceed cautiously in your expectations, that is all.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I am looking forward to having loincloth you know, can always wear it around my house like my name is Dobby.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So, I finally called my Masonic Lodge, and talked to the Master.

Freemasonry is like a box of chocolates. It's all about which particular lodge you happen to join.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agoyahtah

I submitted my Petition last night, and was notified that it would be September/August before they were back in touch with me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join