It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at Ron Paul vs the Establishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Apparently he wants to cut departments of Commerce, Education, Energy, Interior and Housing and Urban Development.

I'm not so sure that is a good thing, but I don't know enough about this so I'm going to look into this further.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Apparently he wants to cut departments of Commerce, Education, Energy, Interior and Housing and Urban Development.

I'm not so sure that is a good thing, but I don't know enough about this so I'm going to look into this further.

Here is a good starting point for you. It's a very good historical rundown of the Department of Energy starting WAY back. Carter implemented it in '77 during the big gas crunch. I could be wrong, but I get the impression that you weren't old enough to really know much about fuel in 1977. In brief, there was such a "claimed" gasoline shortage that for quite some time you could only get gas on even number days if your license plate ended in an even number; and on odd number days if your license plate ended in an odd number.

So, Carter implemented the Department of Energy. And here we are 35 YEARS later and it hasn't solved a thing, accomplished a thing, invented or implemented a thing, but it's up to over a hundred thousand people on the payroll if you count permanent and contract employees - all paid for with BILLIONS of OUR tax dollars and not a one of the 100,000+ of them can or have come up with ONE idea that has benefited the U.S.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
At least on my other thread the real point of this message is getting across

<< 1   >>

join