It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at Ron Paul vs the Establishment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes another Ron Paul thread, however I would like to focus mostly on the Establishment that runs this country and who they want as president. I have come to the conclusion that there is no republican or democrat parties once you get to a certain level in the government. I feel that they are just names the Establishment uses to divide americans to keep us easier to control. I think that it is pretty obvious when you look at the treatment of Ron Paul and his message.

Talking about Ron Paul has always been taboo whether online or in the Mainstream Media. Everyone that declares themselves Republican or Democrat seem always to completely ignore RPs message and spew forth what the mainstream media says which is mostly ignorant propaganda. Is it so strange to think that the mainstream media is bought and paid for by the Establishment and pushes the message its paid to push.

This is why we have Romney and Obama choices, when in reality there wont be any changes with either.. maybe Romney will slow down the country from falling off the cliff, however he isn't going to steer away. This election is about HealthCare, whether Romney or Obama gets the seat we will have the healthcare. Even Romney says he will repeal parts of it and REPLACE. That means that we will keep government mandated healthcare.

So I wonder, if a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama.... why is it that CNN or MSNBC don't call out Mitt Romney and his staff for all the corruption they are causing at the conventions... Why aren't they showing the public the criminal behavior that Romney is involved in by trying to supress the republican vote. It so stupid watching this charade and it mostly comes down to those low on the totem poll who have less power and more faith in their leaders. Those republicans that go on and on about how we have to vote for Romney.. HAVE TOO!!
Its just sick.

It seems to me if they really believed that a vote for Paul is a vote for Obama they would be be putting Paul out there to take votes away from Romney instead of stooping so low as blaming him for a womans death or all the other stuff they are now saying. If Ron Paul would hurt the Republican party the Left wing media would be all over it stirring the pot causing fights within the party itself. They don't though do they. They ignore him, they mock him and they scoff at anyone who talks about him.

So this is where I believe that the Establishment has tabooed Ron Pauls name and message, not because he is unelectable but because they are truly scared of him. It shows that both Democrats and Republicans are in the same pocket of those who really run the country. Both sides are guilty at the top and blind at the bottom.

Now I know there are true diehard republicans and democrats that really do believe in their party. Just like there are true catholics out there that believe in their faith, however once you get to the top you find that the people running the show don't believe and are in fact the real sinners.

I know that either the left or rightist that cruise around here will slam this thread or completely ignore it hoping it goes away because the facts are just hard to dispute.

My first question to the leftist and rightist is.. if voting for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama... why is it that he is completely ignored on ALL media outlets.

My second is do you really believe that at the very top of the government their is a difference between republicans and democrats. If you really believe there is a difference.. can you prove it.. can you show how they are different in voting records and what they actually do.. not just what they say.

As long as we allow the Establishment to dictate what information is given to the public and to control the narrative we will never see real change. You republicans that are voting for Romney because you just have to bite the bullet and vote for your team all you are doing is delaying slightly what is to come. Romney may take his foot off the gas but we are still headed to the cliff. Those that are voting for Obama because you believe he is the best thing that has ever happened.. well I wish you would relax and wake up.

I will be voting for Ron Paul.

However if I had the choice of only Romney and Obama its a toss up. On one hand you have Romney who wont reverse our direction and put us on the right track only slow us down. Or Obama who is going to punch the gas. I feel like voting for Romney is like kicking the can... why not just drive the country over the cliff and get it done with while I'm still young and able to take care of my children.... if we wait another 10 years before it happens I wont be in the postion to take care of my family, and just the waiting and waiting while our country gets weaker and weaker.. we wont be able to bounce back as a nation. So my choice would have to be Obama. Sick logic, I just cant shake it.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's not that the media is hiding Ron Paul. He gets as much coverage as he deserves.

When a product doesn't sell, advertising dollars stop flowing.

The American people have strongly shown that they don't support Ron Paul, just look at election results.

Why give this generation's Ross Perot more air time?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thats fine let them ignore him.

When Good ol' boy mitt gets up in the white house and all the repubAAAAAAlicans realize they have been spoon fed the same old meal they had for the past 4 years they will wish they payed more attention to Ron Paul.

Oh well...

You can lead a horse to water....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My question isn't why the Media supports Ron Paul...

Why doesn't the Media use the corruption at the republican conventions in Obamas favor,

Why if a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama isn't the Leftwinged media pushing the Ron Paul people.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

The problem is they won't. They will forget. They will point fingers at the democrats just as the democrats point at the republicans now.

They will blame Romney not getting things done because of the democrats.

Like I said its a show.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't hate Ron Paul. I hate Obama.
I don't believe RP had a chance in Hell of beating Obama on stage and that's where this election will be won or lost.
I will support anyone who has a chance to de-throne Obama.
When Paul's maneuvers are over,if he doesn't support the Republican nominee to ask his supporters to vote against Obama, then I think he would rather see America fail than defeat Obama.
Principles are one thing. Love of country is another.
We shall see if he is in it to get Obama out or just in it for himself.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The majority doesn't seem to mind the wars and police state. They will cast their vote for more of it. We can't change it without force as we are the minority. Then we're just pressing our will on the majority. Which makes us no better than the people we already call TPTB. So just accept that it's up to the majority to change on their own if they desire, which will probably never happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It's not that the media is hiding Ron Paul. He gets as much coverage as he deserves.

The American people have strongly shown that they don't support Ron Paul, just look at election results.

Typical 3 to 4 line opinion as always from DaTROOF! Nothing to back it up because it is all untrue as usual!

The media IS hiding Ron Paul, because he is not of the establishment! Did you see him getting the same amount of air time as the other candidates? NOPE sure didn't!

As far as your statement that the American people "Strongly" shown they don't support Ron Paul, that is a total lie and you know it!

Your Ross Perot comparison just shows how delusional you really are! Ron Paul is a long serving Congressman, ummmmmm how long did Ross Perot sit in ANY office other than his own?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I don't hate Ron Paul. I hate Obama.
I don't believe RP had a chance in Hell of beating Obama on stage and that's where this election will be won or lost.
I will support anyone who has a chance to de-throne Obama.
When Paul's maneuvers are over,if he doesn't support the Republican nominee to ask his supporters to vote against Obama, then I think he would rather see America fail than defeat Obama.

Well you want him to renege on his values, and he wont do it... thats why i support paul.

Why though isn't CNN using paul to split the vote??? We know they stoop lowest of the low.
We know why he didn't get support from the republicans, but why isn't he getting air time from the democrats.. if he really splits the vote and is helping obama.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What are the five government agencies he wants to end?

I hope it's BATF, NSA, and Homeland Security among them. As well as the IRS.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's what people don't seem to get.....

TPTB want an advosary that they can also own and control. So who better than Ron Paul. someone with a great voting record that no one will question. So all the opposition ralleys to Ron. But behind the scenes he's in colusion with TPTB.

So they tell him, "vote against us all the time, it's okay. Bring up all the dirt you want, raise all the issues you want to. Just don't reveal any of the key secrets to how the 2 party system actually works. And how it's all a total fraud to make people think that their votes actually count. You're job is to make it look like peoples votes really do count. To make it look like the democratically elected g-v is real. And you're to act fully as our opposition"

Meanwhile they know by the numbers that Ron Paul can't win anyway. Just to be sure they don't give him a lot of air time either. They let that happen via alternative media. But secretly he answers to TPTB. They don't want the people to understand that the whole thing is RIGGED! AND A TOTAL AND COMPLETE FRAUD

that's my take.

edit on 9-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Yeah, look at his election results because those are obviously numbers that can not be manipulated in any way

I have a better idea... look at the crowds he draws when he speaks and then tell me how no one supports him!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul is owned by TPTB can't you see that???

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Which is more important? RP's personal values or the destructioin of the country that allowed him to express his values.?
edit on 9-8-2012 by Nite_wing because: editby]edit on 9-8-2012 by Nite_wing because: Mistyped because I was eating a popsicle.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

What is the assurance that Romney would be any better than Obama, the "R" after his name? I don't buy it. The analogy is like I come looking to buy vitamin C and you want to sell me strychnine because you say it is milder than arsenic. No sale. I doubt Paul is buying that either.

I am in the market for liberty not just a different flavor of servitude. You will have to elect that for yourself, with neither my help nor Paul's.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
It's not that the media is hiding Ron Paul.

...just look at election results.

OK, first out of the gate, Iowa. They tried to give that state to two other candidates before admitting Paul got it. US Virgin Islands, Paul got the popular vote but Romney snagged the plurality of delegates - put that one in Romney's column, it's the number of delegates that count, right? Umm... no, not when Paul wins the delegates. You don't see any media bias at all?

All that may be a bit deep to pick up on so maybe it might make sense to you to keep your post shallow that way. I suggest you may want to check it out a little deeper because if you keep trying to make a big splash high-diving there eventually Da Troof is gonna hort.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No can you explain or provide proof of this?

The guy has a consistent record of voting for less gov't, less wars which are two things TPTB are for? Not to mention the obvious media blackout not only by the Democrats but by his own party.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Once again this thread isn't just about Ron Paul, but more so why isn't the left winged media using Ron Paul as an election tool to have obama win. Why are they ignoring him as well. Why aren't they pushing the corruption against Ron Paul to help obama win if a vote for paul is a vote for obama???

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by DaTroof

Typical 3 to 4 line opinion as always from DaTROOF! Nothing to back it up because it is all untrue as usual!

The media IS hiding Ron Paul, because he is not of the establishment! Did you see him getting the same amount of air time as the other candidates? NOPE sure didn't!

As far as your statement that the American people "Strongly" shown they don't support Ron Paul, that is a total lie and you know it!

Your Ross Perot comparison just shows how delusional you really are! Ron Paul is a long serving Congressman, ummmmmm how long did Ross Perot sit in ANY office other than his own?

Dude, what are they supposed to be reporting on? He isn't doing ANYTHING! I guess the first story on the evening news should be the latest announcement that Ron Paul is still not currently campaigning? If Ron Paul wants equal air time, he might want to spend some money on campaign ads (where the equal time issue is most prevalent) and act like he is still out there.

The majority of American voters do not support Ron Paul or his ideas. That is a fact that even Ron Paul knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I suppose I should address this post now. Typical 3-4 line response? Ouch. OK, I guess you read my posts, so I'll take that as at least some form of respect. Often times I see a simple and common sense approach to an issue. I have a habit of being very wordy and rambling in conversations, so in an effort to curb that, I try to be concise and use smaller groupings of words to convey the intended message.

See, here in this thread is a perfect example... I used the phrase "this generation's Ross Perot" not to say that Ron Paul is identical in every facet, but that he is the "underground" REAL Republican candidate who will take votes away from both candidates, more of which from the RNC nominated candidate.I thought that much was obvious, but I guess I need to break everything down to the lowest common denominator for people who can't grasp subtext.

We can argue until we're blue about whether or not Ron Paul's votes were an accurate count. We can argue about caucus rules, voting booths, delegates, and so on. But, if you're so sure that Ron Paul is being screwed and that the system is rigged, then why even vote for him? If you know your vote is being thrown out or switched, why participate?

The answer is that the system is not rigged (entirely) and the vote counts for Ron Paul are accurate. Less than 10% of the registered Republicans voted for Paul in most states. If he can't even win over the Republicans, he'll never take significant numbers of votes from Obama. But, he could take away 8-10% of the votes that could go to Romney, thus being this generation's Ross Perot.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join