It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sordid Tale Of The Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So, me, my friend and his girlfriend went out for dinner tonight. We went out to KFC. The KFC we go to is in the town north of us and is about a half hour drive.

The drive is on a highway that goes through farmland. Mostly a lot of rocky fields in which lots of cows tend to roam. Once in a while you'll an occasional deer. There are a lot of crows that you can see, and dead ground squirrel that had the misfortune of being run over.

So my friend's girlfriend is looking out the window, just enjoying the drive, and occasionally pointing out a deer that poked her head up. All of a sudden, she blurts out "Look at the blow jobs on the road!" She said it pretty excitedly.

So we're both looking at where she's pointing, and we don't see anybody. We don't think anything of it. Then she says it again, pointing at the side of the road.

Then it dawns on us what she's looking at. When you see it from a distance all you see, at first, is a black shape on the road. When it comes closer to you, you see that it becomes a large piece of black rubber.

It dawns on us that what she is pointing to is a large piece of rubber that had been a retread of the tires of a semi truck. In short, it's a temporary repair of the semi's tire that is in poor conditions. Drivers retread their tires because it saves money in the long run. We, her boyfriend and I, tend to call them blow outs.

Because that's what happens. The retread simply comes apart and we call that a blow out. I've never seen one happen though, I've only seen the retread debris along the side of the road.

You see, his girlfriend is dyslexic, and sometimes words will criss-cross in her brain. She will say a word and sometimes doesn't understand what she says. In this case, she was confusing the word blow job with the word blow out.

We understood what was happening and her boyfriend told her that it was a blow out, not a blow job.

Her face was red, but all three of us had a good laugh at it.

So that's my sordid tale of the day.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There's not much of a climax to this story, is there?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

.....this one time, at band camp.....

I'm sorry.

edit on 9-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
There's not much of a climax to this story, is there?

You may come around to it eventually....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

your quick wit and your avatar made me laugh my butt off.
too funny, thanks for the giggles.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Your friends girlfriend sounds like a very charming person...and humorous to. I really like it when people are charming without even trying to be; there is just something so touching about it all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Why thank you.

We like her just the way she is.

top topics

join