It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source Tells Sinclair News Ron Paul WILL Speak @ RNC Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now I'm still looking around the net for other sources but so far Sinclair News claims they have a source inside the RNC who said Ron Paul will be speaking in Tampa but as you would expect this news has not yet been verified (although Sinclair News is doing their best to get it verified).

www.lsnewsgroup.com...

Editors Note: There seems to be some confusions for some regarding this article. Sinclair News has been told by a source inside the RNC that TX Congressman Ron Paul WILL be a speaker at the RNC. Sinclair News called the RNC Press Secretary in an effort to have the RNC officially confirm or deny our sources information. At 5:38 PM ET James Davis from the RNC Committee on Arrangements returned Sinclair News call which is what we updated this article with below. We have received emails where some have taken the response from RNC COA spokesman James Davis as being our source. Mr. Davis is not our source and our source did state Ron Paul WILL be speaking at the RNC.

Updated 5:41PM ET RNC Spokesman James Davis returned SN call for confirmation or denial of reports Dr. Paul will be speaking at RNC at 5:38 PM. Mr. Davis would not confirm nor deny our sources statement that Ron Paul WILL speak at the RNC and stated, “we will be announcing more speakers and our Keynote Speaker in the coming days and weeks.” “Other than what has been announced I have no additional information available at this time,” Davis told Sinclair News. With the latest round of announced speakers by the Republican National Convention, one name which some have reported has been snubbed by the RNC- TX Congressman Ron Paul- while not yet formally announced, is according to a source inside the RNC going to have a speaking spot in Tampa.

Yesterday Sinclair News tweeted out that sources inside the RNC have told us TX Congressman Ron Paul will in fact have a speaking spot at the convention in Tampa. The source said: “The RNC will have Dr. Paul on stage, there is no way the GOP is going shut out Congressman Paul from a role in the convention. To do so would only make it more difficult for the GOP to unite behind Gov. Romney.” “Those who have accused the RNC of shutting Paul out have jumped to conclusions by assuming the first announcement of speakers was the complete list of scheduled speakers,” the source tells Sinclair News. When pressed for a definitive statement the source stated “Ron Paul will be a speaker at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.”

Call it wishful thinking but maybe Ronny boy will get a speaking slot at the RNC this month! Stay tuned!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's not on the RNC website.

He's not listed as a speaker, if he was going to get slotted, you'd think they'd have announced and placed it within the RNC line up.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
But will he be speaking into a microphone?

Hey, this is actually good news, since he'll probably embarrass himself and Romney, ensuring that Obama wins another term.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Have they announced all the speakers so far? Is it all written in stone as of yet? Just from reading this article it seems as though the first wave of RNC speakers have been announced but more are to come.

Tampa, Fla. – Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus today announced five additional headliners who will address the Republican National Convention August 27-30. More convention speakers, including the keynote, will be announced in the coming days. The five speakers announced today are:

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, Florida’s 37th attorney general and first female attorney general in state history;

Texas Republican U.S. Senate Nominee Ted Cruz, former Texas solicitor general (first Hispanic and youngest person in that position);

Puerto Rico Governor Luis Fortuño, first Republican elected governor of Puerto Rico since 1969 and first Republican representative from Puerto Rico elected to Congress;

Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens, former chairman of the Cobb County Commission; and

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, 45th governor of Wisconsin and the first U.S. governor to have successfully kept their seat in a recall election.

I was just reading that Donald Trump turned down a speaking slot at this years RNC, so there's at least 1 spot still open

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Donald Trump has turned down a plum speaking role at this year's Republican National Convention (RNC), Newsmax reports. After weeks of speculation about how RNC organizers would handle the outspoken birther and supporter of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney, a "source with knowledge of convention plans" says an offer for a prime-time speaking slot was made to Trump. According to Newsmax, Trump rejected it due to prior commitments concerning "global business pursuits." Trump, who last year planned to moderate an ill-fated GOP presidential debate sponsored by Newsmax, later tweeted a link to the story.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
He basically HAS to be allowed to speak. If not, I really don't know what to say.

He hung in until the end, sparked a lot of interest nation/world wide.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I thought they were in their 2nd round and that most of the "big speakers" were already announced.

Maybe not.

I sure do hope he does speak. The convention is going to be flooded with Paul supporters regardless. I expect there will be riot police.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To be honest, I dunno how the RNC works, how they announce, or anything. I'm just sitting back waiting for new news but if they are going to let Ron Paul speak I suppose it would be best to save that announcement for last, to keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

How sweet would it be if Ron and Rand both spoke at this years RNC?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It is up in the air.

My take on it is Ron Paul may or may not be listed as a speaker and I'd say may NOT.

Why? If the RNC recognizes that he has 5 states and will be nominated, then he will get his 15 minute speech without being listed as an official speaker.

Why do you guys think Team Romney has been trying to take away Ron Paul's delegates in each of his 5 states where he has the plurality? Because Mitt Romney does NOT want Ron Paul to be nominated and get a 15 minute speech. And we all know what happens when Ron Paul gets 15 minutes on a microphone. Mitt Romney is deathly afraid of the RNC delegation falling in love with Ron Paul, something that ol Willard Mitthew could NEVER do. Because he doesn't speak from the heart, he reads off a teleprompter and likely only believes 10% of what he says to the public.

Sinclair News called the RNC Press Secretary in an effort to have the RNC officially confirm or deny our sources information. At 5:38 PM ET James Davis from the RNC Committee on Arrangements returned Sinclair News call which is what we updated this article with below. We have received emails where some have taken the response from RNC COA spokesman James Davis as being our source. Mr. Davis is not our source and our source did state Ron Paul WILL be speaking at the RNC.

Updated 5:41PM ET RNC Spokesman James Davis returned SN call for confirmation or denial of reports Dr. Paul will be speaking at RNC at 5:38 PM. Mr. Davis would not confirm nor deny our sources statement that Ron Paul WILL speak at the RNC and stated, “we will be announcing more speakers and our Keynote Speaker in the coming days and weeks.” “Other than what has been announced I have no additional information available at this time,” Davis told Sinclair News.

edit on 9-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yeah I remember that thread, in fact it's just below this one, and if I recall right its source was the Examiner. So with that, what do you expect? Would they actually call the RNC & ask a simple question?

Nah.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Hey, this is actually good news, since he'll probably embarrass himself and Romney, ensuring that Obama wins another term.

Obama is already insured the win! Why do you think Romney was the pick???? Nothing like selecting a banking criminal to represent your party! Why do you think they did that? I will give you more than you give the rest of us with your snide comments that have no substance......................

Obama is doing just what the globalists want him to do in destroying our country! How do you keep him in office? Elect a total idiot like Romney to guarantee that Obama gets his LAST 4 years to bring our country to it's knees! Thus more proof that the two party system is nothing more than a one party fraud!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Funny, I didn't even see you in this thread

So please, lay some TROOF on us and explain how Ron Paul will be an embarassment not only to himself but also to Romney, so much so that Obama will win the 2012 race because of Ron Paul's 1 speech at the RNC.

Btw, have you ever heard the man speak? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by DaTroof

Btw, have you ever heard the man speak? Just curious.

^^^ No, because DaTroof...hurts...
edit on 9-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hello friend! *waves*

Yes, I've heard Ron Paul speak, or should I say squeak... The man is like a mouse. No confidence in his voice, stutters, stammers and pauses all the time, doesn't complete thoughts...

Yeah, he's an embarrassment. He'll mention the Fed, and blast Obamacare, which is Romneycare, and Jon Stewart will have a field day with it.

The best thing the GOP could do at this point is cut all ties with Ron Paul. His son did.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

All I can do is laugh at your explanation, but I'm not going to argue with you over your perception of Ron Paul and his public speaking skills. We'll leave it at agreeing to completely disagree. But still though, you think Ron Paul is such a terrible public speaker AND he has nothing but crazy things to say, so much so he'll only embarrass himself and Romney? Nah, I guess you were trying to be funny, or something.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm telling you if Paul could debate Obama for just 1 hour on the American stage, in front of millions of people, Paul would win the debate and the election...

I swear, I just know it.

top topics

join