It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One image to sum up the mainstream media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think I saw bigfoot!

two.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I love it when the MSM Fails

edit on 10-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
These days ATS far worse then the MSM.. Kinda funny, you bring up news from the MSM here and people want a million and one bits of "proof" to the story.. At the same time John Doe Random can bring up and crackpot theory with nothing to back it up and people jump on the bandwagon... And you guys are complaining about the MSM?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Seemed familiar, then I remembered this one:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

This photo....

...reminds me of Obama's Grandpa having a Gumby arm in this pic, along with the purported original.

Gumby Arm

Original?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines of this -

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can't hear what the lady is saying. First and foremost it is not clear that there was an exaggeration.

Flood waters are disgusting. They are full of backed up sewage, chemicals from cars and homes, parasites from the dirt, fertilizers, animal waste and lord knows what else all collected into a cesspool which can span several city blocks or more.

Just because this guy was willing to walk through a pool of water that would be festering with disease doesn't mean that the reporter was in the wrong for not wanting to do the same. Not to mention the studio's insurance company probably would not have wanted her to do something so foolish.

It was also very clear from the cars around the group of people in the boats that the water was not that deep. The man walking by, even though emphasized in the clip, was hardly a significant indication of the depth of the water.

I think while you're all maybe getting a good laugh out of it you may fail to understand the significance of even a 10 inch flood. It can ruin an entire home. For the people who were actually affected by this flood it would be devastating.

It seems like there was a portion cut out where the lady was talking about how this particular area is repeatedly affected by floods, which is a problem that does need to be reported on and does need to be fixed. So if you want to talk about selective editing I would look for the originator of this clip because he apparently cut it off right at the portion that suited his needs.

The cameraman would have seen the guy coming before he walked through the frame anyway, so if they really wanted to keep it out of the report he could have just zoomed in to cut the guy out.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Even though you can walk or even drive through that flood, it's still a very major problem if houses in that area have basements. A finished basement + muck, mold, & poo-funk, is definitely no fun and expensive to repair or replace once the flood waters recede. Just hope insurance covers it if you have it.

Still the way the reporter was attempting to present it was a bit over the top and foolish. I'll give everyone criticizing or making fun of her that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I think that is the nature of entertainment though. This isn't like Reuters or Associated Press. It's a local news station. They have a vested interest in entertaining their viewership.

We hear so much about much more serious situations all over the world, every day it takes effort to call attention to a drastic yet small scale situation such as this.

This particular station may have sensationalized the report in our eyes, but in the eyes of the people affected by this flood they may have done them a public service by calling attention to a very real problem. Apparently this is a repetitive situation and I'm sure those residents want more storm drains installed so it doesn't happen again.
edit on 8/10/2012 by dbloch7986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When in Rome...

STOP PRESS!! JESUS' SECOND COMING CAUGHT ON FILM!!
edit on 10-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Man that is o full of crap hay, the mass media need to be destroyed along with the banks, pharma, industrial military, big oil and let's not forget corrupt governments.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Even without the guy walking across the back you could clearly see the water is only a few inches deep by the tires on the cars??

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't care what they say that was a funny fail.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

What's the story with the first pic.?

It looks pretty freaky!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ok, so she didn't want to get wet!? Wow, huge conspiracy there. Alert occupy so they can fail at protesting. You can tell the water isn't deep by looking at the vehicles. I wouldn't want to be in that nasty sewer water either....good for her!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

They photoshopped out the person next to her, but forgot the hand. Kind of like photoshopping a birth certificate and forgetting to flatten the image, so that there aren't layers.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It looks to me like these are a group of people who evacuated from the trailer park that you can see in the background. They're not merely trying to "cross a street", but to get from that trailer park to a location that's accessible to vehicles. In other words, the trailer park became an island. The water is MUCH deeper where it meets this "island". The camera crew had to stay where it was safe and do the taping once the evacuees got close enough.

The people do look a little creepy though. It appears that a couple of them are on their way to a Halloween party, or something. Can't let a natural disaster distract from holiday festivities!

-cwm
edit on 11-8-2012 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Nice evidence. They did this in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Egypt, in Lybia, now in Syria, trying in Iran... So you see the pattern. The MSM is part of the Globalist Agenda. They serve as the mouthpiece.

Cheers..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is so typical of MSM, feed the lies to the TV viewers so that they are "afraid" essentially to go out.
Because their isn't enough to worry about already, great and excellent find thanks! My " Non- conspiracist" girlfriend even got a kick out of it. ( she typically doesn't like it when i'm showing her threads)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
To a lot of you who posted here: check further down the first page, you have the clip extract from that news coverage, if you want to see what was said in it.

And yes, it was exagerated.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join