It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former DHS Analyst Daryl Johnson on How He Was Silenced for Warning of Far-Right Militants in U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Former DHS Analyst Daryl Johnson on How He Was Silenced for Warning of Far-Right Militants in U.S.

www.democracynow.org

While many were shocked by the massacre at the Sikh temple, our guest, Daryl Johnson, had warned years ago that such an attack was imminent. While working as a senior analyst in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in 2009, Johnson authored a report warning about the increasing dangers of violent right-wing extremism in the United States, sparking a political firestorm in the process.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The article continues:

... Under pressure from Republican lawmakers and popular talk show hosts, DHS ultimately repudiated Johnson’s paper. Johnson drew his conclusion on his 15 years of experience studying domestic terrorist groups — particularly white supremacists and neo-Nazis. "Leading up to this report … we received numerous accolades from law enforcement intelligence officials, talking about the great work we were doing in the fight against domestic terrorism," Johnson says. "And then in lieu of the political backlash, the Department not only decided to stop all of our work, but they also disbanded the unit, reassigned us to other areas within the office, and then made life increasingly difficult for us." Johnson, now the owner of a private consultancy firm, has authored a new book, "Right Wing Resurgence: How a Domestic Terrorist Threat is Being Ignored."

Video available at the link above, as well as a lengthy transcript of the interview.

This is not an attack on conservatives or TP'ers. "right-wing extremists" in this case applies mostly to neo-nazis and White Power groups seeking to unleash deadly attacks. It also fits Timothy McVeigh Oklahoma City bombing type scenarios.

The question is, why would the DHS suppress the report? If all they wanted to do was keep it out of the public's hands it could still have been classified for distribution among government agencies. They didn't even do that. They outright suppressed it and disbanded the group of authors.

www.democracynow.org

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The question is, why would the DHS suppress the report?

They didn't even do that. They outright suppressed it and disbanded the group of authors.

www.democracynow.org

Because it suited their ends, let the attacks happen to push more legislation down our throats to ensure that more of our rights would be usurped. Terror is one of the easiest ways for a gov't to push through its agenda.

Reference OK City 9/11.

Derek

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This right wing resurgence is not only sweeping the US its sweeping back through Europe as well. Just look a the German Olympic Rower who was ousted for her affiliation to a Neo Nazi Group via her boyfriend.

The undercurrent is quite strong in Germany. www.dw.de...

Greece
news.yahoo.com...

Certainly an issue to be concerned with.

More concerning is the silencing of Johnson and other like him. Seems to be quite the pattern of treatment for those seeking justice these days.

From 2008
www.usatoday.com...
edit on 9-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by jibeho because: link error

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just listened to the interview. He wasn't silenced or fired, they just made his job suck. Someone leaked his report to the right-wing media which that gave the administration/government really bad press coverage... so they were pissed off and blamed the bad press on him and his colleagues.

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This is not an attack on TP'ers.

It should be. They are a branch of the white supremacist movement. They are even trying to create a fascist government like their idol Adolf.

If their leaders feel comfortable enough to make racist jokes in speeches in front of a TP meeting, then you're clearly a racist group on the down low..they even laugh at it.

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It should be. They are a branch of the white supremacist movement. They are even trying to create a fascist government like their idol Adolf.

Really? Care to expand on that...
You are smart enough to realize that most large political groups tend to have radical fringe elements. We've seen that in your carefully crafted example and we saw it very recently with the Occupy movement. The rotten apples tend to always spoil the bushel.

But, to claim that the TPM is a branch of the white supremacist movement is complete rubbish. I'm sorry that you actually believe that which you have been told to believe.

BTW
The woman featured in your clip is long gone and does not represent the majority in the Tea Party as you seem to think. I know you're just fishing but I had to get this in .

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 9-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't think it's right-wing extremism...

First of all...that temple shooting is suspect...

2ndly...I predict bad things happening by regular people on both sides because their fed- up and sick of being played...especially the right/ left crap...
edit on 9-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: Corr

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

If their leaders feel comfortable enough to make racist jokes in speeches in front of a TP meeting, then you're clearly a racist group on the down low..they even laugh at it.

You can't generalize the Tea Party as racists. You gave an example of one person making a bad joke at a meeting with a slight chuckle from the audience. An uncomfortable chuckle at that.

If I give one example of a black person at a meeting making a racist joke, can I then generalize that everyone at that meeting, or belonging to that group, is racist?

No. I can't.

Why?

Because I don't know these people. I don't know the context of their meetings. I don't know if they burn flags, or crosses, or kittens.

You say the Tea Party is a branch of the White Supremacist movement. How do you know this? Have you been to every meeting in every city and seen only white people? No? Me neither. In fact, I've been to quite a few meetings here in LALAland that had several different ethnic and racial groups in attendance and taking an active role in discussions.

Oddly, race was never brought up. It was pretty much about how the government was bending us over the barrel, and how, where, and what time we would all meet up again.

I hope for your sake, you don't believe that everything is race related, because I assure you it is not.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The implication is that if only his report had been respected and his time not be uncomfortable, the recent killings would not have happened?

If this is the idea, those who buy this are as smart as a bag of rocks. Every day there is a terror warning, every day, anyone remember the coded colors of terror that warned us, JUST like this guy, that we all could be killed at any moment. Every day some expert talks on tv, or in public, or in a class, or in front of a group of badged authorities and warns about some "ist" group or another: this just isn't news to anyone and this guy's report is another in a heaping pile of them, no matter where he worked, or what his job was.

Here is the news flash, warning or not, the only way to "prevent" something from happening is to imprison everyone. Oh wait, people die in prison too. So there is no way, ever, not ever, to prevent things from happening that make life uncomfortable. Today, no one die from a made for tv massacre, so does that mean the same people who denied this man's paper were successful in preventing something that cannot be prevented?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wonder why the DHS in 2009 would listen to "right-wing" pressure ?

Especially "Under pressure from Republican lawmakers and popular talk show hosts"

Republicans were minority in Congress.

The guy is selling a book.

edit on Aug-09-2012 by xuenchen because:

edit on Aug-09-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I've been to a couple of TP meetings and did not find any racism. If you have been to any and found any evidence, I would love to see it. If not, then I suggest you actually go to one before painting TPers with such a broad brush. There are extremes in every group and deep down I think you know that. Why the hate?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

just stop

you race bait more than any conservative on this site, ever has

just stop.

obama just today says, "i want to do what i did with GM with all industries in this country"

so he wants to buy all the stock, with taxpayer money, steal all non-union pensions, close 20% of retail outlets, kill over 100,000 jobs overnight, appoint government ceo's. force them to produce a crap product that nobody wants. then sell it at a loss, which taxpayers take the hit for. VOLT. buy 40,000 volts for government vehicles, which taxpayers pay for.
then never use them because they are crap.
then get up on stage and tell the world how great GM is and how much of a genius he is.

if thats not fascism, i don't know what is.

GM is not number one.
they are last.

obama did not save one million auto industry jobs.
only 700,000 even existed, that includes part suppliers.

but he did close 20% of GM car dealers.
which equals100,000 jobs loss.

you speak out against fascism, at the same time you ignorantly embrace it, and i'am sure you plan on voting for it.

edit on 9-8-2012 by bjax9er because: add

edit on 9-8-2012 by bjax9er because: add

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I don't think every single Tea Party member is racist, I think that the core of the movement is. Everything the Tea Party stands for directly lines up with that of the white supremacist fascists... The TP is just the watered down, pop version of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

you race bait more than any conservative on this site, ever has

No I don't. I never bring up race outside of a race thread. Nor do I ever diss any race or make racist statements.

Try again.

you speak out against fascism, at the same time you ignorantly embrace it, and i'am sure you plan on voting for it.

I don't embrace fascism at all, I'm 100% against it. I'm not polarized and brainwashed like you are. I have the clear ability to see that Obama is fascist and so is the TP. Both sponsored by corporations, both give tax payer money to them.

edit on 9-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

i'am done with the race crap, ok.

i just want to know who are you voting for,
the fascist, Obama?
or
the capitalist, romney?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

And what are you basing that on? I'm sincere when I say that. I would like to know how you have come to understand that the TP's core is based in white supremacy fascism. The TP was started as a grassroots movement so the core would every American that believes in small government and liberty.
edit on 9-8-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Ummmm, Romney is a fascist just like Obama...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

deflect
quick
deflect

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

The tea party was never grassroots

They believe for the same exact thing white supremacist fascists do.

Segregation should be legal because of property rights
Discrimination should be legal because of "liberty"
Wants to repeal the civil rights act
Hate Muslims
Hates on Mexicans for stealing jobs but looks the other way when corporations outsource and get tax cuts for doing so.
Attacks welfare recipients but gives out corporate welfare
Both are largely birthers
David Duke (former KKK) endorsed the Tea Party

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join