It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Could This Happen?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hope someone here can help me understand how this could happen!

I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club.

Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket.

When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I looked like I had seen a ghost! I told her what happened, and she was speechless!

When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! I still have it tucked away in my dresser drawer.

Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That is a fascinating story
Could the setting have attached itself to something in your hair 3 months ago
Say a headband or Tiara or Sunglasses and then stuck to a hair and dangled in front of you as if suspended
Or something like that
I can understand why you would be Like gobsmacked

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I've seen this story before...

Is this from an e-mail, or a personal account?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Don't take this the wrong way, please. I tend to avoid the paranormal threads not because I don't believe, but becase I believe all too well. It's a part of nature that scares and intimidates me.

That being said, when I say "Magic" it is meant in the most sincere way possible and I hope you enjoy the glimpse at the "something more" that so many speculate about.

beez

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I experienced the exact opposite, something vanished right in front of me, or to the side...

I went to a public urinal, where the counter was immediately to the left, I took off my hat and put it on soap dispenser that was on the wall.

Did my business, went to grab my hat it was gone.

I was alone in the bathroom no one came in or out hat gone.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

I posted this in my other thread, but didn't get much feedback. I thought I'd post it here, hoping to get some answers.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
That is a fascinating story
Could the setting have attached itself to something in your hair 3 months ago
Say a headband or Tiara or Sunglasses and then stuck to a hair and dangled in front of you as if suspended
Or something like that
I can understand why you would be Like gobsmacked

No, I didn't have on sunglasses at night. Anyway, this thing materialized from thin air, hanging in FRONT of my face in mid-air. It wasn't attached to any material object on my person.
Thanks for your feedback.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I experienced the exact opposite, something vanished right in front of me, or to the side...

I went to a public urinal, where the counter was immediately to the left, I took off my hat and put it on soap dispenser that was on the wall.

Did my business, went to grab my hat it was gone.

I was alone in the bathroom no one came in or out hat gone.

Awesome! Well, at least it is similar to what I experienced. What's up with this?!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Awesome! Well, at least it is similar to what I experienced. What's up with this?!

Yea, I was next to the hat, tripped me out. I looked all over, and when I left I told the employee and he said that there was a wallet missing in there just an hour ago too...

My friend that was with me said their must of been a crack head hiding in the trash can or something...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ah, the good old DOPler effect(Disappearing Object Phenomenon)

I only have exspirenced it in small amounts, like dropping a coin in one room only to find it somewhere else in the house, but it's a long time ago so memory is playing me a trick.

Also had one with some games i had sold in need of money only to find the games again, tucked away in a box some years after.

Anyway in case of the game i searched the internet because i remembered it's a "well known phenomena", just to read other peoples story's about it.

Here is some of the links i saved, it's just one of those glitches in life that you can't explain.

Vanishing/Reappering objects

paranormal.about.com...

edit on 9-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by DaTroof

I posted this in my other thread, but didn't get much feedback. I thought I'd post it here, hoping to get some answers.
Thanks

Ah, ok. I knew it looked familiar.

At least I read your whole account twice. I still dunno what to think. It could be a neat introductory chapter for a novel or series of novels, depending on what one thinks caused this to happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mianeye

edit on 9-8-2012 by facelift because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Lichter daraus has shown it was sled...so don't go away, stay.
edit on 9-8-2012 by facelift because: Lichter daraus

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by sled735

amasci.com...

Go away...

I got suckered.

Nice find.

(and I'm taking my flag back, OP)
edit on 9-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

why would you do that? sled posted on that site also whats the big deal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Reply to post by beezzer

Apologies. I thought it was plagerism.

Sorry.

Flag returned.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Small black holes everywhere...
...socks mostly disappear and reappear through mine though

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by sled735

Yea, I was next to the hat, tripped me out. I looked all over, and when I left I told the employee and he said that there was a wallet missing in there just an hour ago too...

My friend that was with me said their must of been a crack head hiding in the trash can or something...

That is odd. Time portal, maybe?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thanks for the links, Mianeye. I'll be sure to take a look.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Ah, the good old DOPler effect(Disappearing Object Phenomenon)

I only have exspirenced it in small amounts, like dropping a coin in one room only to find it somewhere else in the house, but it's a long time ago so memory is playing me a trick.

Also had one with some games i had sold in need of money only to find the games again, tucked away in a box some years after.

Anyway in case of the game i searched the internet because i remembered it's a "well known phenomena", just to read other peoples story's about it.

Here is some of the links i saved, it's just one of those glitches in life that you can't explain.

Vanishing/Reappering objects

paranormal.about.com...

I did receive the first link in a response from the other thread, but that was all I got. I haven't seen the other link yet. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Reply to post by beezzer

Apologies. I thought it was plagerism.

Sorry.

Flag returned.

Thank you.
I was really at a loss as to what you were talking about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join