It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers: Colo. Shooting Suspect Is Mentally Ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Lawyers: Colo. Shooting Suspect Is Mentally Ill

hosted.ap.org

James Holmes' lawyers made the disclosure at a court hearing in Centennial, Colo., where news media organizations were asking a judge to unseal documents in the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-8-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Maxmars because: help with CAPS

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OK I think we all knew this was coming. What I am not getting though is why documents are sealed etc. This an open and closed case surely. If what we are being told is true then the judges actions are harming the case not protecting it. There is not a jury in the land that will defend this guy unless something sensational gets let out the bag.

Additionally his Uni has been gagged from discussing anything about him. This I get, as they probably were glad about the order as it seems they might be seen as being complicit in this case.

Media are asking questions about apartment being rigged and how the accused prepared for the event. getting no answers though.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-8-2012 by murch because: additional comments

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"LAWYERS: COLO. SHOOTING SUSPECT IS MENTALLY ILL"

Does this come as a surprise to you? Why would you make a thread about something that's painfully obvious such as this?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69

Does this come as a surprise to you? Why would you make a thread about something that's painfully obvious such as this?

With all due respect, read the opening sentence. It is NOT a surprise. What is surprising is the sealing of the file continuing. This is done so any jury is not prejudiced against defendant (and this makes no sense, like the jury could get any more incensed about a guy that done this).

My worry is that something is being hidden that will later crop up and bite the prosecution in the ass. Or something that doesn't fit the story that we know.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

The secrecy surrounding this case is very suspicious. They released so much detail on the Virginia Tech shooting, and have shared all the details of the lives of other high profile shooting stories like the Sihk Temple shooting ect)

If they can give us all the background info on the Sihk Temple shooter, why can't they on the Colorado shooter?
To suggest it's because the Colorado guy is still alive, well why then are they so freely releasing details on Zimmerman?

edit on 9-8-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I remember a day or two after the event a few on this website were like "I hate these threads, soon they will fall away like the rest before it"
BUT it seems this story isn't going away. We are not talking a few people on a message board who have questions, A lot of people have questions.
Conspiracies feed more conspiracies which is why clarity is important, when you have lack of clarity questions will be asked.

I'm pleased these questions are being asked.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

It will still fall away. We are still in the relatively new story time frame.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69

Great way to help the thread and move along positive discussion

OP of course this was coming, but really it seems evident that anyone who commits such a crime has some degree of mental illness. Is it enough to say that he cannot comprehend what is taking place and his charges? How can he be that mentally ill and have completed the studies he has? Is it a sudden snap of mental illness? So many unanswered questions.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join