It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Orders T.V. but receives Rifle instead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thank goodness he wasn't TOO UPSET for not having a new TV.
Could have blown his own or someone else's brains out!

"I can't believe they made me miss an episode of House! I can never watch it again! I've watched all of them up until now! I can't believe this is happening to me!!"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seriously? "What if a child opened it"? Then the child would be playing with an UNLOADED safe rifle. It's not like they shipped the thing locked and loaded with one in the chamber. haha, good lord.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Imagine if the package was opened by a child, expecting a toy or game.

Major mistake. Someone should be getting fired over this.

Nothing would happen. The rifle wasn't shipped with ammunition, meaning that all he received was just a very expensive metal tube.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
Rifle or television,
you blow your head off with both.

edit on 9/8/2012 by mikepopy because: (no reason given)

That's right. Television harms more children on a daily basis than guns do.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I once ordered a Big Mac but got a Whopper instead... on account of me being in Burger King.

OK, it doesn't compare but this did get me to thinking about UK gun laws which for the record I find draconian. I had to get a license to own Airsoft guns yet when I travel back to Texas once a year I can walk into my brother's hunting lodge, pick a rifle from the rack and off we go (with some considerable preparation I might add!).

Here's the point, in the UK we have a mandatory minimum sentence for gun possession and it is applied with a rod of iron, don't believe me? How about some examples:

A grandmother has been jailed for five years for possessing a "family heirloom" World War II pistol. Gail Cochrane, 53, had kept the gun for 29 years following the death of her father, who had been in the Royal Navy.

Source, BBC News

A man has been jailed for three years after a gun was found among his belongings shipped back from the USA.

Source, BBC News

There were a few other cases including an ex-policeman who handed in a shotgun and was dragged through the courts before a sensible judge threw the case out.

What I wonder is had this man been in the UK would he now be facing 5 years in prison for reporting the mistake. Which begs the obvious question, "Had you received this in the post in the UK would you risk a 5 year stretch and do the responsible thing?"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What about the guy who ordered the gun? I bet he was pissed when a TV turned up!

I wonder if this is him - Court hears man tried to kill his partner by dropping a TV on her head

top topics

<< 1   >>

join