It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors in Trayvon Martin Case Mistakenly Release Confidential Records, Photo of Martin's Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Prosecutors in Trayvon Martin Case Mistakenly Release Confidential Records, Photo of Martin's Body

gawker.com

Confidential school records for George Zimmerman and a blurry, xeroxed photograph of Travyon Martin's body were emailed to the press by prosecutors in a bizarre screw-up today. Two pages of records and the photograph, originally published by The Smoking Gun, are reproduced beyond the jump.

According to TSG, the poor-quality photograph, showing Martin lying face-down, was taken by a witness. In addition to the photo, some 60 pages of records from Zimmerman's time at Seminole State College of Florida were released — included with other records given to press as part of the discovery proce
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesmokinggun.com

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm fairly surprised that there was this level of incompetence. Someone posted an interesting comment suggesting that this information was released to help Zimmerman. I think that's a bit far fetched but this being ATS I expect many a member to agree.

This whole thing has been such a circus, I wonder what's going to happen next.

So what do you think? Leaked intentionally to throw the trial or the prosecutors being incompetent?

To me it would almost make sense at this point knowing Zimmerman is not going to be found guilty to throw the trial on a technicality to appease both sides. Another commenter said basically the same thing but with more charges of racism levied against those that defended Zimmerman.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Someone at the politics level must have figured this wasn't garnering the appropriate level of attention and anger. Nothing like putting out something like the photos of the victim in public to stir the pot.

Whoever is suggesting this was to HELP Zimmerman has got to be kidding. yeah.. right.. It may help insure someone does something stupid trying to hurt him out of rage, but I see NO upside in any way which helps Zimmerman.

It's not like THIS case has a hope in hell of mistrial and then being quietly dropped or something......If is mistries for some reason, they'll retry it until he's convicted or the politics driving this change. How over-the-top inappropriate and stupid though. Whoever is running things down there might find better career opportunities in traffic court or perhaps chasing ambulances at the local emergency room?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Perhaps the media is trying to revive the revenue stream on this outrage-inducing case. Or maybe it is politically expedient to have this little "administrative" accident.

I feel badly for everyone involved with this case. It's the media prosecuting it now.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

He's not going to be found guilty anyway. As soon as I heard he was being tried for 2nd degree, I knew they had overcharged him, I think on purpose. Manslaughter maybe, if it wasn't self defense. But 2nd degree? I don't think so.

Can you imagine the race riots when he's found innocent? Maybe even a good cause for a little marshall law practice.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Whoever is suggesting this was to HELP Zimmerman has got to be kidding.

You hurt me Wrabbit.

I highly doubt this could actually result in a mistrial, but considering how dumb the prosecution already looks going for a murder 2 charge I can see this making them look even more incompetent in the eyes of a jury. Enough doubt is good for Zimmerman.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Someone at the politics level must have figured this wasn't garnering the appropriate level of attention and anger. Nothing like putting out something like the photos of the victim in public to stir the pot.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the article. Just a play in inflame the masses. I can not see this helping Zimmerman at all.

The Smoking Gun article says it all.

In an embarrassing screw-up, Florida prosecutors today accidentally distributed a post-mortem photo of Trayvon Martin as well as copies of George Zimmerman’s college records, material that Florida law considers confidential and exempt from disclosure.

and.....

After distributing the picture, a Corey aide sent an e-mail to reporters noting that a “photo depicting the killing of a person” was “confidential and exempt” pursuant to state law.

So it can't be used in a court of law, but it can be used in the court of public opinion. What a dirty trick by the prosecutors.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Poor quality is an understatement. I can't even make out a silhouette, let alone any details of a "body." Fact of it is, this is just a poorly-veiled attempt at getting sympathy for the Martins.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can defend the young brother all you want, You must have forgotten what it is like to be young, and what young people are really like. Oh course you're gonna jump all over me for speaking the truth and tell me how I am speculating and bla bla bla.

If you really buy the story that this baby's mama tells you, you are either black and any matter concerning white and black is predetermined by you to be the white guys fault or you are ignorant in which case I got a bridge to sell you.

Kids do not go out in a storm, in the dark of night to get a pack of skittles......period

Kids will go out in those conditions if it means he might get laid
Kids will go out in those conditions if he wants to buy some pot
kids will go out in the conditions if he needs to sell some pot

You can say what you want, a kid standing around in the dark, in the rain is waiting for someone.
He might not have been casing a house, but he was not standing around because his legs were tired

Problem here is that the blacks have the following mentality...... We spent 60 years as slaves getting whipped and no white person is ever gonna get away with doing anything to a black person again if I can help it, even if I have to lie about it. We will stick together on this at all cost.
that is why you had the lady in the funny hat saying he was "Hunted down like a dog" and another coming into congress with a hoody on......and spike lee giving out addresses and the black panthers offering bounties. The idea is to make whites afraid to even look at a black person the wrong way.
The way blacks kill each other we could offer them the whole state of Florida for their very own, and in 5 years time it would be littered with corpses and the last guy standing would still blame it on the white people
Here is a prime example, my friend Ben was visiting, he brought his friend with him. After a little bit I noticed something was missing so I got Ben in the other room and told him about it. Ben walked out and talked to the guy and as he was handing me back my items he looked at me and said....What do you expect I am a nigga man
edit on 9-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

Problem here is that the blacks have the following mentality

I think you need to get out more. I was outside earlier, saw my very nice black neighbor with his two adorable little girls who said 'Good morning Mr. Domo!' in unison. Black people are people. There are scumbags like every other race. Don't lump them all together like that, it's foolish.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just like there are white people.....and trailer trash
there are black people and their version of them.
Growing up as a white kid in the city of detroit I really do not think you are qualified to tell me how things really are.
You know a few.....and I knew hundreds and thousands. My high school had thousands of kids and about 100 of us were white.
lets see you spend 20 years in detroit and see how long it takes before for you to divide black people into 2 groups, and learn to do your best to keep the large group as far away from you as possible.

##snipped##
edit on Fri Aug 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No legal professional 'mistakenly' or 'accidentally' sends mail to a person - without knowing what they are doing. Just reading the headline of the thread and reading the excerpt - I smell cover up, contrived case, I cannot believe that this particular event has been given soooooo much media coverage.

The entire event is suspicious and has never been managed professionally from the start. The media can project all the news they want at me - I have my intuition - my conscience and my psyche to let me know when something is wrong. Just like flight or fright - my body has sensors that alert me to the truth - sometimes it is covered - hidden - obtuse - decorated - enclosed in convoluted semantics but I know something is not right.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
reply to post by Maxmars

He's not going to be found guilty anyway. As soon as I heard he was being tried for 2nd degree, I knew they had overcharged him, I think on purpose. Manslaughter maybe, if it wasn't self defense. But 2nd degree? I don't think so.

Can you imagine the race riots when he's found innocent? Maybe even a good cause for a little marshall law practice.

You said the same thing I was thinking.
It's all about playing the races against each other.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They cant let this just go, its too big a deal. He already cant get a fair trial as it is, add this in and I would be highly surprised if its not a mistrial. Think about it, the judge and everyone included doesnt want anything to do with this case for the blowback they will get, mainly if found not guilty. So I know if I was the judge I would throw it out when you add this to the rest of the mess and be done with it, She will get fired and nobody else is going to want to touch this. This is the first we have heard about this case in ages. They can string it out and let it go when the time is right and take minimal damage from the black community uproar it causes. The longer it takes the more people will forgot and not be so emotional about it. Dont get me wrong people will be pissed, but reduce the amount and numbers with this fresh on their minds and its as good as you can get at this point.

It goes mistrial, she is drug through the mud and fired for the world to see, they can talk about how disgraceful it was handled by her but she was dealt with and talk about how they are looking for somebody else to maybe give it a try soon for another trial and let it die off and go away. They have to think this is better than trial and him go free...it all stinks no matter how its handled really

edit on 10-8-2012 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join