It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Romney steelworker admits Bain Capital offered him a buyout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
On Tuesday a pro-Obama super pack revealed their latest attack ad featuring the gentlemen from GST steel, indirectly relating the death of his wife from cancer to his release from his job at the plant. For those who have not seen the video it is below.

However CNN revealed that this woman actually had her own insurance after her husband lost his job, and passed away some 5 years later.

Source

A SuperPAC run by former Obama spokesman Bill Burton accused Mitt Romney of killing a woman because she lost insurance when her husband’s job was terminated.

CNN has blown this ad apart, finding that the woman continued to have health insurance through her own employer after her husband was terminated.

Another interesting aspect is revealed in a recent interview, where Mr. Soptic admits Bain Capital offered him a buyout previous to him losing his job. Which by the way hasn't even been mentioned.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Buzz !!!!

Now they tell us

Just look at the way the guy is talking......

Typical amateur BeeEss'er

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here's another little tidbit about Joe Soptic.s wife Ranae that the democrats claim Rommney "killed".

www.legacy.com... ountryid=1&stateid=all&affiliateid=all

Looking at the obituary, you will notice that Mrs. Soptic was age 65 at time of death. So that means she was on "GOV." medicare. So in reality, if there's blame to place because of inadequate health care, it is the governments
FAULT.

Yep, that's our good old government healthcare system that couldn't save poor Mrs. Soptic.

How anyone could vote for this disgraceful, lying bunch of thugs is beyond me?????

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ohhhh... Willard Mitthew Romney and Barak Barry Saetoro Obama...

Two liars constantly accusing each other of lying.

edit on 9-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Ohhhh... Willard Mitthew Romney and Barak Barry Saetoro Obama...

Two liars constantly accusing each other of lying.

edit on 9-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Yes it's amusing isn't it?

America gets to decide which Scumbag Globalist they want in office.

The one whose already sold you out.

Or the one that is foaming at the mouth to do so.

As for this, I'm not surprised, wasn't there somethin similar with Joe The Plumber?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker46

Your entire argument is flawed if she was 65 at the time of her death then that would mean she had entered her first year of eligibility. The woman died after being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, that does not happen overnight and puts her in the terminal category. Blame who you must, but do so with the understanding that the ACA and the expansion of Medicare to go with it are intended to help prevent stories like this. And according to one of Romney's it will do just that.

As to the whole buyout issue, it wouldn't have mattered if he got offered a buyout or not. Those funds would have been long since spent and no where near enough to cover the expense this woman was going to incur. Anyone defending the crap business has been shoveling on us for three decades is pretty much a moron that can't do simple math. What do you think is gonna happen when take a bunch of 46k/year jobs and replace them with 16k/year jobs? But please go ahead and vote against your economic interests so you can control who does what with their sexual organs.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Buzz !!!!

Now they tell us

Even the democrats are coming out about this Soptic Ad.

Democrat Lanny Davis said that Obama shouldn't allow his supporters to suggest that

Romney is in any way to blame for the woman's death.

- Obama should repudiate this ad. -

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

He cant do that.

Its all he has to work with seeing as how he himself hasnt done a damn thing good for the people of this country.

I dont want Romney in office- hes a snake, but Obama.... Good GOD we need to get him out of there.

Hes ruining this country- all because the idiots that back him dont speak up as they should.
Its like he has an electric diode connected to their necks that zaps them if they attempt to speak ill about him.

We need a leader, or America is (and I say this whole heartedly)...doomed.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Nope. Joe the Plumber was nothing like Joe Soptic.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Your entire argument is flawed if she was 65 at the time of her death then that would mean she had entered her first year of eligibility. The woman died after being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, that does not happen overnight and puts her in the terminal category. Blame who you must, but do so with the understanding that the ACA and the expansion of Medicare to go with it are intended to help prevent stories like this. And according to one of Romney's it will do just that.

As to the whole buyout issue, it wouldn't have mattered if he got offered a buyout or not. Those funds would have been long since spent and no where near enough to cover the expense this woman was going to incur. Anyone defending the crap business has been shoveling on us for three decades is pretty much a moron that can't do simple math. What do you think is gonna happen when take a bunch of 46k/year jobs and replace them with 16k/year jobs? But please go ahead and vote against your economic interests so you can control who does what with their sexual organs.

Did you even read the op? He clearly stated she had her own insurance.
If you did read the op then what you are doing is trolling for your own agenda..
Shame on you, you do nothing but add to the lies...
When i was younger we had a thing called investigative reporting. Now they print what they want to further their agenda. Who cares if it is the truth or not.
Well I want you to know that I want to know the truth that way I don't have the guilt of voting for an idiot based upon the lies I've been told.
I don't like Romney and I wont be voting for him, but still could we have some honesty. (please for a CHANGE). It would be nice to at least have some HOPE of the truth from the media.
Maybe that is the hope and change that Obummer was refering to.....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Mrs. Scoptic was only diagnosed with stage 4 cancer weeks before her death. Nothing was going to save her, period. My point is that this event has nothing to do with Romney. He left Bain Capital in 99. This add is pure lies in its detail and insinuations.

www.humanevents.com...

If you want to talk about out-sourcing, that's a great idea. Who signed us on to NAFTA in the first place. Your old guy slick willie.

www.time.com...

NAFTA was our official entry into globalization. I was against it then and am against it now. For all the folks who said it was "just great", I have always pointed out that it was going to be the final nail in the coffin for the American middle class. The steel company Soptic worked for was going bankrupt at the time, (because ) of global trade treaties and cheap steel from china. Same thing happened to the textile industry under Clinton and millions of US manufacturing jobs went poof.

If you want to talk about Globalization, I would point out that the Obama administration is mighty cozy with the UN and the global elite.

Still, this Ad is blatantly false. A confirmed lie!!!

You have my permission to play with your sexual organs when ever you feel like it.

edit on 10-8-2012 by nightstalker46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Did you even read the op? He clearly stated she had her own insurance.
If you did read the op then what you are doing is trolling for your own agenda..
Shame on you, you do nothing but add to the lies...
When i was younger we had a thing called investigative reporting. Now they print what they want to further their agenda. Who cares if it is the truth or not.
Well I want you to know that I want to know the truth that way I don't have the guilt of voting for an idiot based upon the lies I've been told.
I don't like Romney and I wont be voting for him, but still could we have some honesty. (please for a CHANGE). It would be nice to at least have some HOPE of the truth from the media.
Maybe that is the hope and change that Obummer was refering to.....

Clearly, the message of the desperate ad was that Romney killed his wife.

We have reached a new low.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Buzz !!!!

Now they tell us

You call this guy a "BeeEss'er", yet you worship (in every political post of yours) Romney whom is the undisputed King-Of BeeEssers!!

If you want "Typical BeeEss'er", look no further than your God Romney.

Even worst, Romney-God is not an amateur, but is a PROFESSIONAL at being a "BeeEss'er".

This guy doesnt show any signs of being a "Typical amateur BeeEss'er" as you claim (as you wish to convince yourself and others because he reveals something on your God Romney). He sounds completely sincere in this video. BUT, [color=cyan]when you worship fakes like Phony-Romney, I guess its hard to distinguish sincere from phony though, eh?

edit on 11-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: COLOR!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Buzz !!!!

Now they tell us

You call this guy a "BeeEss'er", yet you worship (in every political post of yours) Romney whom is the undisputed King-Of BeeEssers!!

If you want "Typical BeeEss'er", look no further than your God Romney.

Even worst, Romney-God is not an amateur, but is a PROFESSIONAL at being a "BeeEss'er".

This guy doesnt show any signs of being a "Typical amateur BeeEss'er" as you claim (as you wish to convince yourself and others because he reveals something on your God Romney). He sounds completely sincere in this video. BUT, [color=cyan]when you worship fakes like Phony-Romney, I guess its hard to distinguish sincere from phony though, eh?

edit on 11-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: COLOR!!

great response !!

Now, watch our "amateur BeeEss'er" and pay attention to his eyes and face !!!

Now read up on "liars"....

1. Amateur liars tend to avoid eye contact while speaking. Pros pause for effect between sentences and keep constant eye contact.

2. Fidgeting and nervousness. Clasping, unclasping the hands. Tapping one foot. Sitting at the edge of the seat, back ramrod straight. They might look at the floor, or at the door or window, signaling that they want to escape the situation.

3. When questioned, they might get extra nervous or become overly defensive. Their face goes blank, eyes sharp and cold, and they look straight at you. And then, they lie again.

Body Language of a Liar - How do you catch a liar through body signals?

And some free advice:
You should re-study the Saul Alinsky rules.

Then, re-study President Obama.

I think that "SuperPAC" saved money by not giving Mr. Soptic enough "acting & dramatics" training

Obama could use a few more classroom hours himself

edit on Aug-11-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join