It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney On Tax Returns: 'I'm Not A Business'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonATI
I don't even like Romney, but I still don't think he should have to show his tax returns. The amount of money he made isn't anyone's business and shouldn't have anything to do with why someone does or doesn't vote for him. If you're looking for a reason not to vote for him there are plenty of legitimate reasons that actually apply without going into his personal life.

It is not about how much money he made, it is about how much he paid in taxes.
It is not his personal life. It is his business life that he is basing his bid for the presidency on.
If you cannot prove the only thing you claim is worth bragging about, then you must not have it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
In the 80's I lobbied against businesses monitoring employee phone calls.
Employees lost.
After 9/11 almost all employers require a drug test ,a backround check and a credit report.
I don't see it as big problem for Mittens to provide 10 years of tax returns to run for president.
Do people really agree with in a double standard ? One for regular folks and another for the rich ?
If that is what you accept, thats what you'll get.

Not to make too fine a point here, but way, way before 9/11 all of the above was the requirement for a serious job. I still remember peeing in a cup in 1996 and yes they did do a background check as well.

Look, what's the big freaking deal about the tax record, seriously, does it somehow contain plans for biological weapons or something? Why secrecy?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nothing shows more contempt for the USA and the American taxpayers than exporting jobs to India and China or voting to give tax cuts to the corporations that do. That's what Romney wants to hide; how his companies benefited from the struggling American Taxpayer. And how conservatives can support and make excuses for this madness is completely astonishing to me.

www.bloomberg.com...

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 11-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by abeverage
His name is WILLARD!!!

well it is!

It's bad enough we already had a President Millard (Fillmore), we really cannot now afford to have a President Willard!

I agree! Nuff Said!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by Elathan
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

www.taxhistory.org...

Not hard to find Romney's 2010 and 2011 tax returns.../shrugs

No...the point is that Romney only will release the last two years taxes since AFTER he knew he was running for president. Just enough time to start paying taxes again.

You know what I want to know? Where the f^ck are the hackers from Anonymous and Wikileaks when you need them? Why hasn't somebody slipped right into the IRS and just nabbed them?

Not true. Romney ran in 2007 and released the appropriate tax records then as well. All this is, is deflection off the issues and a perpetuation of class warfare.

OK...if this is true then I stand corrected.

Where I can I download his taxes from 2007 through 2012...INCLUDING 2008 AND 2009 when he wasn't necessarily running for office?

If

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by milominderbinder

Are you aware that there are different types of investments and that they are taxed at differing rates? Not everything is taxed at the same rate as earned income. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to not pay any taxes? Do you understand how complicated our tax code is? Do you comprehend how our current system incentivises global investors to put their money into off shore accounts? Do you understand that this is perfectly legal?

Here are a few links that if you read them will help you understand why the meme you are repeating is simply stupid.

link

link

link

It's not cheating. It's not shirking. It's not illegal. It sounds really ignorant to say otherwise.

Deny ignorance....

Yes. I have an excellent grasp of the US taxation system. In fact, I used to work for a tax consulting company in the late 00's and am quite familiar that as of January 1, 2009 there were approximately 11 million words in the US tax code.

That being said...what do variable tax rates on investments have to do with the logical incoherency of Romeny's "corporations are people...but I'm not a business" stance? Not a damn thing...that's what.

Likewise...where did I ever mention that it's illegal for the spoiled brats of the obscenely wealthy to exploit loopholes in the tax code? In fact, I find the very fact that these loopholes AREN'T illegal to be a big source of the problem.

As for how "hard it is" to pay zero dollars in taxes...it's not hard at all. All you need to do is pay a consulting company such as the one I used to work for somewhere between $200,000-$1,000,000 bucks a year and they'll do it for you...at least 42% of the time with another 40% or so falling in the 0-5% state and federal income tax bracket...NO MATTER HOW MUCH DAMN PROFIT THEY HAVE ON THE BOOKS.

The only people that find it hard to get out of paying taxes are all of us peasants who don't have an annual tax obligation greater than $1 million buck per year which would justify the expenditure for the phalanx of tax attorney's to manipulate those 11 million words in the tax code for your benefit and to the detriment of the entire country.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

That being said...what do variable tax rates on investments have to do with the logical incoherency of Romeny's "corporations are people...but I'm not a business" stance? Not a damn thing...that's what.
If this "logical incoherency" thing is such a big issue to you, would you consider going back a page and responding to my views on that issue?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
With the election one month away, Mitt Romney has finally made his 2011 tax return public. I'm actually wondering why he waited until recently to do so.

edit on 26-9-2012 by mayaB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayaB
With the election one month away, Mitt Romney has finally made his 2011 tax return public. I'm actually wondering why he waited until recently to do so.

He just waited until the issue sort of peters out... It was boiling hot some weeks ago, but the public has a limited memory span.

And in fact, no one doubted that Romney's tax rate was low... So it's kind of anti-climax. At the same time, a lot of people including myself will say "OK, this is the 2011 tax return, I get it, so now why don't you publish data from a few years back?"

Denying transparency is poor strategy IMHO.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayaB

edit on 26-9-2012 by mayaB because: (no reason given)

He didn't. The fact you wonder why he did means you have not attempted to research the facts. His tax was return was JUST finalized, he had an extension. He released months ago a preliminary tax return, which matches his actual one fairly well. So in short, it was released extremely soon and there was zero waiting.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dear IRS,
I am not a charity organization...When Unicef goes into the war business, then you can get your taxes...
Signed,
Mitt Romney

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join