It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox: Cursor wont click items on top of a webpage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a little hard to explain, but recently when I go to any webpage, the links/buttons on the very top do nothing when I click them. For instance, at google.com, where the top bar says youtube, images, maps, etc, I can't click any of those. It does this on every webpage that has a top bar.

Also, if say I go to youtube and search and watch a video from the home page, the search box above the video I just watched wont let me click in it to type, so I have to hit back to get to the youtube home page to search again. It does this on all pages. And 1 more thing, after about 15 minutes of browsing webpages, they get sluggish as far as scrolling up and down. Then when I close firefox and restart, the pages scroll speedy again, for 15 min. Any help will be appreciated!

Gs

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Could be a faulty browser plug-in. Sometimes they get installed when installing other programs and they make the option to opt-out hard to notice. Did you install any software recently? Try disabling all plug-ins to see if that works. Since your pages scroll slowly after the browser has been open awhile, a bad plug-in with a memory leak could cause this. Could even be a virus. Wouldn't hurt to do a full scan just to be sure.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Maybe a new extension that you downloaded?
I dont use Firefox anymore, I switched to chrome.. FF was getting to bloated for my taste.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I use Firefox and do not have problems perhaps you should try re install it

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay thanks for the replies folks. I will try all of that.

Gs

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2012 by LadySkadi because:
wrong thread

top topics

join