It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is my son in whom I am well pleased."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Listen, stop chasing me around these forums with an unrelenting attack that isn't justified. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I guess the only question remaining, which perplexes me to no end, is how the Masonic "frame" doesn't recognize in the Temple of Solomon, and the twin pillars of a severe Justice, and a tender Mercy, the Great Work of Jesus Christ, as God-sent..

Same goes for how the Jews cannot see that in Yeshua Messiah was made manifest the glorious jewel in their own crown..

bump query for page two, as I don't want it to be glossed over by superfluous comments, thanks in advance for helping me to understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

In Blue lodge masonry, the works of God's creations are taught and pondered. Old testament type stuff. (BC)
Which I believe is one of the reasons Christ is not mentioned at that level. Before Jesus came here, there were many different religions, none of which were Christianity.

In later degrees and orders, Christ's work is recognized and praised.

See God created the Heavens and the Earth. Jesus came along much, much, much later.
I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by NeutralGuard

"This is my son in whom I am well pleased."

Glad to know it wasn't stolen!

Stolen?

Much of the Bible is stolen from even more ancient faiths. Most of the translations from Hebrew and Greek aren't even accurate.

Besides, if a phrase is borrowed, or "stolen," as you put it, it is usually because the use of a phrase which is familiar to us, can much more forcibly imprint on our minds the message that the user is trying to get across.

Freemasonry is filled with "stolen" symbols and allegories, but has never claimed that they had a Masonic origin.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A society based on the neocortex following a faith that appeals to the reptilian mind will inevitably corrupt the best of intentions and breed more hate than it ever did good.

The reason for this is simple: the moment you divide people, and even HINT at a condemnation of a particular group, our species will take it and RUUUUUUN with it. If there's even a chance that you can use someone else to save yourself, whether it be throwing them under the bus or forcing them to join your group, you will do it.

Christianity doesn't appeal to love. It appeals to survival. And if you weren't so absorbed in the game itself, you would have seen that by now.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I happen to be just as interested in these forums as you are. It's not my fault you use them to push your ignorance.

And it isn't my fault your shield has holes in it, either.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I guess the only question remaining, which perplexes me to no end, is how the Masonic "frame" doesn't recognize in the Temple of Solomon, and the twin pillars of a severe Justice, and a tender Mercy, the Great Work of Jesus Christ, as God-sent..

Same goes for how the Jews cannot see that in Yeshua Messiah was made manifest the glorious jewel in their own crown..

Freemasonry, though, wasn't designed to purely be an extension of Christianity. That's why you don't discuss religion while in Lodge. Allegory that is presented to you while in Lodge isn't really discussed at length while in Lodge (at least not in any I've ever been to). It is internalized, and it is up to the individual to take away from it what he will. Any story sourced from the Bible isn't presented for its religious content, but rather for its moral content.

I sit in Lodge with brothers of different religions routinely. If we were discussing/debating religion all the time, we would probably never get anywhere or grow as men. We might even cease to be friends. But if we are presented lessons in morality, whose themes are universal, really, we all benefit.

In my experience, the things Freemasonry presents to you are things you already know. It is just an extra safety net put in place to remind you to live a just life. When you're in a situation, and you forget your church, and if you forget the Bible, and should you forget what your parents taught you while growing up, maybe that Masonic ring catches your eye and reminds you of who are and has you do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That's just about what I was going to say.

In the first 3 degrees of Masonry, there is no need to mention Jesus in any way. Jesus wasn't there at the building of the Temple. It isn't that Masons intentionally ignore Jesus, they just don't need to discuss him for any reason relating to the Lodge work in the first 3 degrees.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Because you're still wearing the blindfold they took off years ago. There's a reason the Church hated the Masons.

Yeah, but if you take off the blindfold too early, you get blinded by the light. Then you never really see what is there.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by network dude

That's just about what I was going to say.

In the first 3 degrees of Masonry, there is no need to mention Jesus in any way. Jesus wasn't there at the building of the Temple.

Maybe, but which temple is relevant anyway? For Jesus said,

I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. KJV Matthew 26:61

So if it's the old temple that Masons focus on, maybe they are just out of date on the changes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Much of the Bible is stolen from even more ancient faiths. Most of the translations from Hebrew and Greek aren't even accurate.

No, it's just that history repeats itself.

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. KJV Ecclesiastes 1:9

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. KJV Ecclesiastes 1:10

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after. KJV Ecclesiastes 1:11

So if one thing seems similar to a previous thing, just remember it's a cycle, and nothing really new happens in this world.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
All of this is irrelevant, because Freemasons use the Temple and its story as allegory. It could be a made up building using made up characters and still get the messages across. You're fixated on what are, in my opinion, the most frivolous of details when they're held up against what all your supposed to get from it.
edit on 8.16.2012 by NeutralGuard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join