It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monkey Trap, Or, Im God Of My World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The Monkey Trap, Or, I'm God Of My World

A monkey trap is designed to capture monkeys by using their own instincts against them. It is a cage where the bars are spaced just enough to where a monkey can slip his open hand through the space, but not wide enough to where the monkeys hand can be withdrawn back through the bars when grasping the bait, a banana suspended from the top of the cage, inside the bars. The cage is then chained and or tethered to a solid point. All one has to do then is to throw a burlap bag over the monkey, open the cage, and remove the banana from his hand. The monkey has a very strong instinct not to let go of the food, so, he would rather be captured than simply release the banana. Monkey Trapped!

It was found that:

A new report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that the common value of >98% similarity of DNA between chimp and humans is incorrect.1 Roy Britten, author of the study, puts the figure at about 95% when insertions and deletions are included. Importantly, there is much more to these studies than people realize.

www.answersingenesis.org...
Since humanity shares so much DNA with Chimps, we therefore can make an assumption that we also share a good portion of primeval instinct with the Chimp as well. It is apparent that the instinct of survival is strong in both mankind and the chimps, and the only real difference between the two is that human beings have the ability to release the bait, when they know they are trapped, monkeys do not. In the chimps we call this instinct, survival. In human beings we call it greed, selfishness.

There are many types of traps that employ the same type of psychology within our society. One such trap is called the Money Trap where good hard working people are trapped, and then enslaved by the "Green" banana, or commonly known as the almighty dollar. People are enticed to purchase "wants" before "needs", and when the end of the month arrives, they find themselves deeper in debt, than the month before. Money Trapped!
Humanity is tricked into this trap by slick advertising and drugs that effect their ability to think rationally and logically. Humans unknowingly fall into this trap every day, and never even know it, or understand what has happened, just like the chimp.

We, human beings are given a gift of choice, we can fall for these traps, or we can let go of the bait. Recently there was a incident where a monkey was discovered deactivating a snare trap. Can we humans do as good, as a real "Smart" monkey??

It is our choice that separates us from the Animal Kingdom, Its our spirit, that makes us a divine being, if you can contact it.

There are thousands of traps, set to ensnare our body, mind and soul. And, it is at this point we should remember the words by a very notable person 2000 years ago "forgive them lord, for they know not what they do". And another quote that is also quite appropriate, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".
What is the truth? Humanity is enslaved, by traps. learn the trap,and set yourself ,free, and then, set others free........
As customary, all comments are welcome and encouraged.
ASE

edit on 9-8-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I can very well see ATS as being one of these monkey traps.

As long as we think we can vent and accomplish something it keeps us from actually doing anything.

Its like a cross walk button (many have been shown not to work) its just a release valve to keep you in line.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I can very well see ATS as being one of these monkey traps.

As long as we think we can vent and accomplish something it keeps us from actually doing anything.

Its like a cross walk button (many have been shown not to work) its just a release valve to keep you in line.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

And we have given them a nice list, complete with IP's and how we generally think, so that when they need to they can round us all up nice and quietly...

That is if I was a paranoid sort...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The question is, are you paranoid enough?

I can say I am.

1 in the hole.
edit on 9-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What do you mean our spirits makes us different from the animal kingdom? Are you claiming that animals don't have souls? Which most people who are intuitive already is not true?

Nature is only a trap if you perceive it as such. Nature just exist - it has both - what we consider to be "good" (healthy, beneficial) and "bad" (death, harm) in it...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
there is nothing to do.. and there is no one to save. That is the monkey trap. Thinking your capable of saving somone from the poison of truth. As if you could stop the great wheel from spinning.

those who choose to live forever will have only that which they regret to hold them captive.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
there is nothing to do.. and there is no one to save. That is the monkey trap. Thinking your capable of saving somone from the poison of truth. As if you could stop the great wheel from spinning.

those who choose to live forever will have only that which they regret to hold them captive.
You are correct, I can save no one, no one at all, except myself. And the great wheel as you call it, will spin with or without you, me, or the rest of humanity.

Those that live forever ,will, be trapped, by that that holds them back, forever, never to know the Divine Glory that awaits them. Sad really, only ever to know half of who they really are. Such is life......

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Divine glory huh? Thanks, needed a good laugh this early in the morning.

Although knowing how much you want to die makes makes me wonder what socially acceptable path of suicide your going to choose.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Real classy move. Make fun of someone's beliefs because they don't fall in line with your own.

Some of us happen to hope/believe there is life beyond the present.

Wait a few years, maybe ten. I guarantee you will look at life from an entirely different perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Divine glory huh? Thanks, needed a good laugh this early in the morning.

Although knowing how much you want to die makes makes me wonder what socially acceptable path of suicide your going to choose.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)
Suicide, me? Nope, not even close. I'm just realistic about my mortality, I just see death as a natural extension of life. I have no fear of it any longer. If all of humanity would understand this maybe, just maybe, heaven on earth would return.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Say the monkey let's go of the banana. What if another banana doesn't come his way? He starves. If he holds onto the banana and is captured at least he'll eat.

Sometimes letting go of the banana isn't an option. Sometimes the monkey is doing exactly what God wants it to do.
edit on 8/23/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Say the monkey let's go of the banana. What if another banana doesn't come his way? He starves. If he holds onto the banana and is captured at least he'll eat.

Sometimes letting go of the banana isn't an option. Sometimes the monkey is doing exactly what God wants it to do.
edit on 8/23/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)
I dont think its what God wants the monkey to do, I'm certain they were created to be free creatures. But, getting caught in a trap may be exactly what the "Creators" expect. I personally see a difference between the physical Creators, and the Divine Creator, or God.

top topics

join