It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Those that think Christians can't be the victims of "hate" crimes in the US... Think again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by gncnew

Well, the replies were what I expected.

Because blah blah did blah blah back in the day every Christians deserve yada blah blah yada.

Sad isn't it.

Yea, it is so predictable, they need some new material.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It seems that in today's world it's OK (sometimes even encouraged) to be nasty towards Christians and fat people.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Here is something that plainly shows how CHRISTIANS, PATRIOTS, CONSTITUTIONALISTS and a few others would be treated during a time of MARTIAL LAW in the UsA when the NWO wants to take over.

GRAY STATE

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So, essentially a evangelistic "preacher" gets out in a Walmart parking lot, sets up speakers, and beings to sing and preach.

This "offends" people so much, they try to kill him, and would have, if not for the intervention of two witnesses.

Welcome to the "new" and "enlightened" America. Seems there's enough hate to go around these days that EVERYONE gets some equal opportunity hate and violence.

Authorities said that's when the male subject threatened the preacher with a handgun, ordering him to stop preaching.

"The guy just walked up with no question," Duffy said. "Just took a gun out of his pocket and held it to my head, and she was standing there holding this dagger."

Local NBC News Affiliate Reports
edit on 9-8-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

Hate only needs the minds of the ignorant to grow and thus can strike anyone at anytime. It will consume us if we let it. We use the word way to freely in our society, it is an aweful, nasty word. We should be reminded that we can be better if we learn tolerance and seek to educate ourselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Have Christians become narcissists when it comes to their religion?

For example about this preacher and how Christians are under attack...

Something very important the OP did not mention (from what I saw) was that the two guys who came to help were attacked and stabbed in the back. I just think that this story is some hype because who gets treated and related for "severe stab wounds" to your back?

Peak said Cushman and Stuart were both rushed to USA Medical Center with "severe" stab wounds to their backs. They've since been released from the hospital as of Wednesday night.

Deputies detained 16-year-old Rodger Chambliss, 26-year-old Jesse Reed and 53-year-old Sandra Jaram in connection with the crime. Officials said the three have not been arrested, or formally charged with the crime.

I mean who in the hell gets detained and not charged when someone gets stabbed in the back?

I just don't see this adding up.... there must be something missing....
edit on 9-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp/add

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
reply to post by AwakeinNM

There have always been psychopaths and extremists. 10 or 20 years ago, this absolutely could have happened. You just probably would not have heard about it.

Remind me again what liberals have to do with anything...?

Liberal's, nothing as that is an extinct political ideology, progressives: everything. Progressives have always hated Christianity because the Progressive Party is the Party of Psychopaths(wolves in sheeps clothing aka the Psychopath).

Look at the extreme anti-christian rants that pop here thanks to the Progressive wing of ATS. Look at Columbine, two atheist's students hunted down not "jocks", but a peaceful Christian group to murder. Look at the USSR and other Communist Countries at how leftist psychopaths love to harm and murder Christians.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
blog.al.com...

This story just keeps getting better and better ..

A sheriff's deputy who was in a larger part of the parking lot, near the Wal-Mart that anchors the center, saw the truck speed away and went after it. The deputy stopped the truck in Park Place Mobile Home Estates, a trailer park on Moffett Road about two-thirds of a mile east of the crime scene, he said.

after leaving the scene of the crime they went to a trailer park

stab wounds so severe that one of the victims girlfriend drove him to the hospital!

While one victim was taken to USAMC by ambulance, the girlfriend of the other one took him across the shopping center to the far west side, where Greater Mobile Urgent Care administered aid to him. He was also later transported to USAMC, Peak said.

This just sounds like a couple of meth addicts on the loose .....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
reply to post by AwakeinNM

There have always been psychopaths and extremists. 10 or 20 years ago, this absolutely could have happened. You just probably would not have heard about it.

Remind me again what liberals have to do with anything...?

Liberal's, nothing as that is an extinct political ideology, progressives: everything. Progressives have always hated Christianity because the Progressive Party is the Party of Psychopaths(wolves in sheeps clothing aka the Psychopath).

Look at the extreme anti-christian rants that pop here thanks to the Progressive wing of ATS. Look at Columbine, two atheist's students hunted down not "jocks", but a peaceful Christian group to murder. Look at the USSR and other Communist Countries at how leftist psychopaths love to harm and murder Christians.

LMAO

Sorry but Jesus was a progressive? Or don't Christians know that? I guess many don't because my sister is a Southern Baptist Teahadi....

She believes in God so strongly she would let others starve because they don't believe as she dose!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
It seems that in today's world it's OK (sometimes even encouraged) to be nasty towards Christians and fat people.

here you forgot to add this....

it seems that in todays world its ok , sometimes even encouraged, to be nasty towards christians and fat people and its ok for christians to be nasty towards gays and muslims.

it goes both ways.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OK, here is an updated story with pics of the two people who committed this crime and another picture that points out that this story is way overblown...

blog.al.com...

The guy stabbed three times in the back... getting his picture taken with family while he is laying on his back? I just can't see anyone who has 3 severe stab wound laying on his back.....

so, what transpired between when the preacher was hassled to the confrontation by the bank?

Gene Duffy said he didn’t see what happened after Reid and Jarman stopped accosting him. But when he saw that something had happened over near the bank, he immediately went over to the ambulance with Cushman inside.

Did these two good Samaritans continue going after the two who stabbed them after they left the preacher?

Since the preacher in his own words never saw what happened?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
OK, here is an updated story with pics of the two people who committed this crime and another picture that points out that this story is way overblown...

blog.al.com...

The guy stabbed three times in the back... getting his picture taken with family while he is laying on his back? I just can't see anyone who has 3 severe stab wound laying on his back.....

so, what transpired between when the preacher was hassled to the confrontation by the bank?

Gene Duffy said he didn’t see what happened after Reid and Jarman stopped accosting him. But when he saw that something had happened over near the bank, he immediately went over to the ambulance with Cushman inside.

Did these two good Samaritans continue going after the two who stabbed them after they left the preacher?

Exactly what is the point of you trying to belittle the story and infer that the guy who was stabbed isn't injured enough to meet your definition of "serious".

So you're now trying to defend probable meth addicts who assaulted people... to what end?

Are you trying to shoot down the premise that a Christian was assaulted for preaching? Or maybe you're trying to belittle the idea that a evangelical Christian could be the victim of hate crime because it dispels your entire paradigm of how "hate" works in this nation?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
All i can do is throw my hands up and give up. We're hopeless. All of us.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

blog.al.com...

Exactly what is the point of you trying to belittle the story and infer that the guy who was stabbed isn't injured enough to meet your definition of "serious".

So you're now trying to defend probable meth addicts who assaulted people... to what end?

Are you trying to shoot down the premise that a Christian was assaulted for preaching? Or maybe you're trying to belittle the idea that a evangelical Christian could be the victim of hate crime because it dispels your entire paradigm of how "hate" works in this nation?

now im confused here. was this an actual attack on the preacher because he was speaking the gospel or was this just two methheads being methheads.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well to be honest, if he hadn't gone to the parking lot and started "preaching" there, and had kept it to his Church, none of this would have happened. Sure, it's not a good thing that it had happened, but there is a time and a place for everything.

And don't try and give me the whole "Freedom of Speech, the Constitution allows it", because there is a difference between Freedom of speech, and trying to convert people. The way I see it, he was being a public menace. People should be able to go shopping without having to worry about, or think "damn, am I going to have to put up with a Preacher being at the parking lot?". It's all well and good to have your own beliefs, but as soon as it starts to infringe on other peoples thoughts and beliefs, thats where Freedom of Speech goes out the window, and being a public nuisance comes into play.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

We should really start redneck wars. All these brave schmucks who think they can shoot a room full of people? Put them all in the same damned room. Heck, make it an island, televised. Last one alive gets a bullet in the head.

That was priceless.

This did happen in Alabama, where traveling (Soap Box) preachers still exist.

Don't expect much out of them and you won't be disappointed. Probably much like "that sort of person" in your part of world.

youtu.be...

Don't let the rapture pass you by.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm not personally going to assume anything about this was religion at all. I think that might have been entirely secondary. It really sounds just as likely that these 3 were punks (and one punkette) out looking for trouble or just pissed at the world and the preacher caught their eye to give some to. He's almost certain to be unarmed and generally a passive sort regardless. Perfect victim for the 3 stooges to go screw with and rough up.

With a Sheriff in the same lot, big boy with the gun didn't even look around or pay attention? It's a shame the cop didn't actually see it and just shoot him. Then the 2 good Samaritans...ohh, stabbed in the back. Wanna bet 2 had the preacher when the third came up on the ones trying to help?

What brave pieces of human trash. They single out a religious man....then try and kill two guys who won't stand for seeing the preacher shot at his own set up. I hope they get cells with born again Christians with really really bad attitudes and a habit of NEVER shutting up.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I can understand going up to him and politely asking him to stop, but bringing a gun and a knife? Really? What has the world come to? Why can't people just walk away and ignore it?

There was nothing holding them down and forcing them to listen to what he had to say, it's his right to say what he feels, it's called free speech. This kind of behavior is disgusting and should NOT be tolerated, no matter what your political/religious views are.

Hopefully the ones who attacked him get their fair share of justice.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What this guy did was wrong...doesn't matter what race or religion...it was wrong.

Yeah - but the headline of this thread is stupid and inflammatory.

Isn't there some rule that thread titles have to be exact as the news article?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr3dboot
reply to post by gncnew

"And because of me (Jesus), you will be HATED by every single nation."

Looks like it's coming true, sadly even here in America.

The early Christians were mutilated, crucified, had their children murdered, were thrown into arena's to be eaten alive by lions etc etc. I predict that this behavior against Christians will only get worse and worse until those early days are upon us once more.

Say something against Islam=Racist hate speech
Say something against Christians=Pat on the back from the world.

So TRUE

Christians are not allowed to point out the abuse they receive, it would make them seem like they have rights like all the other groups out there - it's nuts

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I understand the rules, but sometimes a picture is worth a 1000 words.

edit on 10-8-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join