It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas on best Bail Out Vehicle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There have been a few threads about bail out bags and survival situations. There have even been threads about zombie apocalypse vehicles. I wanted to make a thread about real life bail out vehicles. I wanted to post some of my ideas and get some suggestions from ATS.

Now for a BOV there are many options and opinions on what type of vehicle should be used. Some opt for bigger vehicles and some opt for smaller ones. The diversity in vehicles chosen are based on many many different situations. If you have a family to support and endless amounts of cash some may want to opt for a very expensive expeditionary vehicles. These vehicles are hugs and can live off grid for months on end. I will post some examples of these vehicles.

One of my favorites is the 2 wheel drive Rokon. This is by far IMO is the best BOV. This vehicle is amazing!! It is a motorcycle that has the ability to climb almost vertical hills with a passenger and towing 1500 lbs. Because this is a small vehicle it really allows one to get off the beaten paths and into the woods where one would want to be. I have two of these Rokon's (1960's and 2005 model) I have used the vehicles hunting and have hauled thousands of pounds of meat and gear into and out of the Rocky Mountains. They are awesome!!! They even float if you have to cross a large river.

Share some of your ideas on the perfect Bail Out Vehicle!!!!

edit on 9-8-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
May I recommend this...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Looks like it would get stuck on a speed bump....I was thinking more realistic vehicles. Not so much mad max.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i think this would be a better option

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
i think this would be a better option

I have used that option many times as well. My one Rokon has replaced the three horses and mules I would have used in the past. One horse just cant haul that much weight.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well my option doesnt use gas

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

No doubt a VERY GOOD point. This is what I used to look like in the mountains. Now just me and my trusty Rokon!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

EMP Proof......Has to be....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i think ur right as far as a quick bug out rekon would probly be ur best bet but over time u would need the animals imo. Im not selling mine for sure
edit on 9-8-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Older Jeep, Scout, etc. With an EMP-proof diesel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I still have 15 horses and mules and don't plan on selling them myself. But most people don't live in the country and would have to escape metro areas. Horse is just not an option for the city dweller.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
we only have 2 horses atm and there pets but dont think if the shtf they would not be working horses
they will be pulling a cart and a plow if they like it or not

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i always thought one of these would be handy in a shtf scenario;

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I love Top Gear....English version!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
my 3 rottweilers are trained to carry saddle bags packs also and the male can carry 25 pounds all day with out a problem my 2 females will do 17 pounds all day thats alot of gear if u think about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ive been looking into a Steyr Daimler Puch Pinzgauer 712, fairly reasonable in the 10k-20k range depending on the upkeep of it.

Also, three feet of dirt is all it takes to shield from EMP, so an underground garage would not be a bad idea.
edit on 9-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Metal (faraday) trailer containing:

Mountain Bikes
Dirt Bikes
Rokon w the Works
4-Wheeler quad Polaris Outlaw
Canoe

Towed by Land Rover LR4
or Diesel EMP-proof of your choice

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That thing is a beast!!!! Sign me up for two.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How would we fuel these things? Gas goes bad after a while, and I feel that reserves would be depleted very fast to gather supplies, food, etc. Unless you are fully prepared, but still you would have to constantly find gas for these things.

I agree with the horse idea, but those too have their limits.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Running shoes
second line..
edit on 9-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join