It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you find all of your information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi all, finally I have made it to the position of being able to create my own threads, but in order to do that and try to remain current and up date with things I need to know how all of you experienced ATS users gleam your information. I understand that there are times when you are unable to reveal sources for security issues etc, but a few pointers as to where to start, what search terms to use on the internet, good websites to try would be really helpful.

I would like to try and make positive, current and hopefully interesting posts that others may like to read. I hope this post is in the correct forum, as I had a look in the research one and that didn't seem appropriate for my question.

But any help really appreciated, and any posts I manage to do, please be kind, newbie here learning the ropes. If I do slip up anywhere, please tell me.

Keep up the good work, some of your posts are incredible.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fossy

Congrats on making it this far!

One source of information is Google. The trick to a good thread that you create is to add in a few pictures, several sources if available, and make it several paragraphs long. That's just the basics.

To make a really good thread, pick a topic that you are passionate about, and research it thoroughly before creating your new thread. Make it informative as possible.

Remember to use the ATS Search function before you do decide to create a thread, just to see if it's already been covered. A lot of times, you can find an interesting spin on an older thread, there are many over 3 years old that are free game to give a new slant on.

If it's a current event, make sure to have a reliable source. There are several "unsavory" sources to pull stories from, but that's something you'll just have to learn by trial and error.

Other than that, have fun, and "deny ignorance"!

(Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. You'll find a lot of helpful people here.)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

new topics

join