It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. pastor advocates abducting children from same-sex homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

U.S. pastor advocates abducting children from same-sex homes

Date: Aug. 9, 2012
www.torontosun.com...

An American pastor says children should be kidnapped from same-sex households, likening the freeing of children from gay parents to freeing slaves.

Bryan Fischer, spokesman for the Christian activist group the American Family Association, tweeted Tuesday, "We need an Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children."

With it, he linked to an article by a man who says growing up with two moms made him "confused."

"When your home life is so drastically different from everyone around you...you grow up weird," Robert Oscar Lopez wrote on the website of the right-wing Witherspoon Institute.

He blames his upbringing for making him a "social outcast" who has few friends, trouble fitting in at work and difficulty having a relationship with a woman.

In another tweet, Fischer linked to an article about a Mennonite minister who is on trial for helping a woman flee to Nicaragua with her daughter to get away from her former same-sex partner.

When @boopumpkins pointed out his suggestion "is called kidnapping and is illegal," Fischer replied, "So was the Underground Railroad."

He continued to defend his position throughout the day, despite many tweets deriding him.

A recent study suggested children of gay parents are much more likely to become pot smokers, unemployed, depressed, sexually victimized, sexually promiscuous and unhealthy. But many academics have criticized the study's methods, and one professor, Darren E. Sherkat of Southern Illinois University, said bluntly, "It's bulls---."

What is going on in this world????

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow, children living with gay parents are like slaves? Really? I never would have thought of it that way.

I don't see anything wrong with children raised by gay parents. As long as the parents don't force the children to live one way or another and raise them in a healthy and caring manner, I think the kids can grow up to be mature adults capable of deciding what they want out of life. I also don't think that gays in the long run experience psychological or mental illnesses from being gay.

The pastor definitely made a bold statement and opened up a large can of worms.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with this dude?

I agree that having two opposite sexed parents is an ideal situation, all things being equal of course. I do not however, think that kids growing up in a same sex parent household are somehow inferior or confused. That's ridiculous. If the child is loved then the child will grow up healthy and stable. I just think that certain things can only be taught by a man or a woman. I think there are times when a kid needs a father or a girl needs a mother.

This guy is out of his mind though. To think he knows what's best and to furthermore act upon it and steal the children is deplorable. He should be sentenced to death right away.

I cannot stand these hypocritical evangelicals who are so far from Jesus that they may as well be pagan.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Same sex couples increase the potential number of parents that can take in children in need of a home.

And this guy wants to steal them away. Where the hell is he when those children actually need him?
edit on 9-8-2012 by Mkoll because: spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You aren't going to find many Christians who advocate kidnapping children. Definitely not considered acceptable by any Christians I know.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well if this ever happens, I hope this pastor decides to keep the all children and pay for all of their needs.
Sounds fair to me.

I bet he is also against abortion but wouldn't give a dime to help the children born in unfit families.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

.I guess everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but I am also entitled to disagree. There are so many children in need of a loving home. It doesn't matter if a parent is gay, straight, Martian, whatever. As long as the children are loved and well cared for I don't care about the sexual orientation of the people who are raising them. And I assure you that the children don't care either. All kids want is someone to love them. Someone who they can depend on.

I am a Christian and many of the people I know are also, This is a subject that we have discussed over the years many times. We have always all been in agreement that it doesn't matter WHO raises a child so long as they raise the child with love and provide for all their needs.

Many heterosexuals raise children who grow up to be homosexual. Many homosexuals raise children who grow up to be heterosexual. The sexual orientation of the parent(s) seem to have little to no effect on what lifestyle the child will grow up to live- so who cares?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
English Standard Version (©2001)

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,

in other words - and read this carefully: Romans 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

We now live in a generation of depraved minds.........protect yourselves from them. Do not consort with them nor are you to give aid and comfort to the enemy..........HELP THE CHILDREN IF YOU CAN BUT THAT IS ALL!!!!

This is all foretold in the scriptures..............be a good Christian and bear up with the abominations in your midst...........Pray for those who are so enslaved and afflicted but do not try to stop it all from happening, because it will happen according to God's plan........They have been turned over to their own iniquity.

More biblical references for further reflection on the matter:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 81:12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

Romans 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Ephesians 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

Ephesians 4:19 Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.

1 Thessalonians 4:4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable,
New International Version ©1984 by Biblica
edit on 9-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Besides what you quoted being just one man's opinion (with exception to the psalm), I think the only person acting unnaturally and abhorrently is the pastor.

Who the hell is to say homosexuality is unnatural? If two eligible, consenting adults of the same gender wish to be together, then honestly, it is nobody's business but theirs. And if they wish to raise a child, who cares if its within a loving environment?

I don't get why these evil people go out of their way to disrupt other people's happiness and impose their ignorant beliefs on everyone. Why can't they just live and let live? And if they refuse to, they should be executed, or at the very least, locked up so they are no longer a danger to peaceful people.

I absolutely despise religion.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already posted.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I can't wait for the day when this type of nonsense being spouted by these fanatic looney toons is simply ignored and discarded. I just hope I live to see that day.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me one bit. The irony here is that many gay couples adopt brown children, who are unwanted or don't have fit parents. No only is this homophobic, but it's also racist. Again, nothing this pig says is decent or true.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Well if this ever happens, I hope this pastor decides to keep the all children and pay for all of their needs.
Sounds fair to me.

I bet he is also against abortion but wouldn't give a dime to help the children born in unfit families.

So you are saying kidnapping is a good thing? Wow.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matheden6
This doesn't surprise me one bit. The irony here is that many gay couples adopt brown children, who are unwanted or don't have fit parents. No only is this homophobic, but it's also racist. Again, nothing this pig says is decent or true.

So what ethnic background are you labeling most gay couples?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

No I'm not saying it's a good thing at all, I'm just saying that he should live with the consequences of his actions if he went all the way.

Seriously, adoption requirements are pretty steep. I don't the same sex couples that have adopted legally are bad parents or make a bad income. If homosexual values are bad or good, that's an opinion.Another thing I could point out is that often, the children do NOT want to be like their parents.

As long that they don't indoctrinate their children with the idea that being STRAIT is bad, I don't think homosexual values are lesser than heterosexual or single parents

new topics

top topics

join