It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical Christianity is Provably Not A Religion; So Should it Enjoy Constitutional Protection?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I must admit that I get a bit miffed when someone comes around and tries to convince me of their belief system. I believe they have a right to do so but it still pisses me off.

I used to be like this too, until I started considering those belief systems. For example when I was no religion and no belief system, I still lived by a programmed way of life, incomplete, unknowing, and empty. To do this day I think Christ was speaking of Love and unprogramming one's Self from all things and all views and going back to how it was when we were all kids. So I rolled with that and it was a big upgrade. Now I just laugh alot, especially at the things folks say claiming that they know. I can only say that I know that I don't know.

We believe the bible is the spoken word of God known as "truth"
I am a Christian Mystic and believe the Bible is just Man's words and views and angles on who/what God and Jesus are and that "Truth" with a capital "T" is actually the direct unfiltered experience of God which is beyond and transcends all words and books. Does that make me a non-Christian?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The thing with me is...I do believe in something...but it is much more complex and I do not believe the Human Mind has the capability to understand it. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The thing with me is...I do believe in something...but it is much more complex and I do not believe the Human Mind has the capability to understand it. Split Infinity

Perhaps. Although I don't necessarily understand Life, yet I live, breath, and experience it daily.

So too, may be the possibility of that which you speak of. That "something" which you believe in ....as complex and beyond the human Mind as it could possibly be, could still allow a person to experience it. Perhaps we are experiencing that now and aren't aware of it

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The MATH dictates that in a MULTIVERSE...every possibility MUST EXIST as well as there are Universal Realities where our laws of Physics do not exist at all. Imagine a vast infinite forest where there are infinite numbers of trees. Each Tree represents an Infinite Version of Universal States and our Universe is but one branch on one of these Trees.

Our Tree has every possible variation of Divergent Alternate Universal Realities that are based on PHYSICAL LAWS that exist within our Universal Reality. A different Tree would not have anything to do with our Trees Universal Realities as the other Trees all have different Physical Laws and have Infinite Alternate Divergent States of Reality that are so ALIEN in nature to our Trees Realities that the Human Mind can neither comprehend nor even imagine such Universal Conditions as we are so removed from these other Trees Realities.

An example is a TREE that has Infinite Branches of Alternate Universal Realities where something that is not even classifiable exists. In out Tree...there are Infinite Universal States where there is Matter and Time as well as Life...but in another Tree...LIFE does not exist but something different than life exists that with our limited mental capacities...we cannot understand what it is nor can we even imagine.

As I have said...the MATH dictates this to be so as logic dictates that since WE EXIST...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Thus in a Multiverse...there is a 100% Probability that a GOD both EXISTS and DOES NOT EXIST...dependent upon what TREE we are talking about.

In OUR TREE...of which our Universal Reality is but ONE BRANCH of an Infinite number of Branches...there are infinite versions of you and me. In one of these Branches is a version of me that got caught up with work and is not posting now...in another branch is a version of me that is posting but not posting the same post as I might have been distracted by my CAT and did not post the same words. In another Branch...You never replied to me at all. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

"To them, it's still truth based on faith."

I disagree. To them, it is truth based on facts. Let's see if we can find any evangelical here who will say his or her belief system is NOT based on fact, but rather unprovable faith.

Give it up OP, Evangelicals are a form of Christianity, and the only proof they have, regardless of what they tell you, is based on faith, not provable facts...

I'm a Christian btw, but not Evangelical, we have all kinds.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join