It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Cartel Member Makes Explosive Allegation: ‘Fast and Furious’ Is Not What You Think It Is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not suprising at all if true. Wouldn't be suprising if the US Government were getting a cut of the drug money profits as well.

Think of it this way - drugs are one of the biggest, and quickest, money makers in the world. What better and quicker way to make a few million, or billion, dollars than by dealing drugs? And what better way to keep your hands "clean" as such, than by getting a middle-man to deal it, and taking a cut of it?

The US Government has had plenty of shady dealings in the past, like people have already mentioned, such as Iran-Contra, Noriega, supplying the Afghans with weapons systems against the Soviets, so why would it be so suprising that they had a hand in the proverbial "pie" with this?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow! people in Mexico have always Known about Americans giving Weapons to Cartels but nobody wants to listen to the Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxykerfluffle

Zambada-Niebla claims that under a “divide and conquer” strategy, the U.S. helped finance and arm the Sinaloa Cartel through Operation Fast and Furious in exchange for information that allowed the DEA, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and other federal agencies to take down rival drug cartels. The Sinaloa Cartel was allegedly permitted to traffic massive amounts of drugs across the U.S. border from 2004 to 2009 as long as the intel kept coming.

The drug cartel member alleges this happened from 2004 to 2009.

That doesn't place the blame just on Holder, that places the blame on former US attorney generals Alberto Gonzalez (2005-2007), Michael Mukasey (2007-2009), a few interim AGs (Paul Clement, Peter Keisler, Mark Filip), all who were the US Attorney General before Holder took office.

It was Gonzalez, the mastermind behind indefinite detention and waterboarding, who created "Project Gunrunner" - which covers "Fast & Furious".

F&F follows Operation Wide Receiver in 2006 to allow guns to cross the border and "lose" them to the cartel.

n early 2011, the operation became controversial when it was revealed that Operation Fast and Furious and previous probes under Project Gunrunner had allowed guns to "walk" into the hands of Mexican drug cartels since as early as 2006.

Who was the USAG that initiated Project Gunrunner and F&F in 2006? Alberto Gonzalez.

ATF gunwalking scandal

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011.[2][5] This was done under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner, a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico by interdicting straw purchasers and gun traffickers within the United States.[6] "Gun walking" or "letting guns walk" was a tactic whereby the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders."[7] The stated goal of allowing these purchases was to continue to track the firearms as they were transferred to higher-level traffickers and key figures in Mexican cartels, with the expectation that this would lead to their arrests and the dismantling of the cartels.

2006–2008: Operation Wide Receiver and other probes

The first known ATF "gunwalking" operation to Mexican drug cartels, named Operation Wide Receiver, began in early 2006 and ran into late 2007. Licensed dealer Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Global informed the ATF of a suspicious gun purchase that took place in February 2006 in Tucson, Arizona. In March he was hired as a confidential informant working with the ATF's Tucson office, part of their Phoenix, Arizona field division.[27] With the use of surveillance equipment, ATF agents monitored additional sales by Detty to straw purchasers. With assurance from ATF "that Mexican officials would be conducting surveillance or interdictions when guns got to the other side of the border",[12] Detty would sell a total of about 450 guns during the operation.[26] These included AR-15s, semi-automatic AK-pattern rifles, and Colt .38s. The majority of the guns were eventually lost as they moved into Mexico.

Did you read that Jibeho? 450 guns "lost" to Mexican cartels in 2006.

No outrage, no publicity, no Congressional inquiry over this? Why? Because the Rethuglicans in Congress hushed it up. They WAITED until a Democrat took office to hang it on.

Now your source, A Mexican cartel operative makes an explosive allegation, but look at the dates he gives, 2004-2009. That places everything back into GONZALEZ's lap and his boss, G.W. Bush.

I don't doubt Holder has to continue the coverup, but you are overlooking the true culprit, Gonzalez. The outcry over F&F will remain partisan until the Republicans holding the inquiry start looking at the previous administrations STARRING ROLE in formulating the scandal.

Just want to make sure the OP and all the other Obama haters see this.

The OP is garbage that shouldn't be on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And just in case people don't want to read the long version.

The Sinaloa Cartel was allegedly permitted to traffic massive amounts of drugs across the U.S. border from 2004 to 2009

2004 - 2009

2004 - 2009

One more time.

2004 - 2009

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well of course!!!! That's why certain drugs are not legal... To much money for everyone involved if it stays on the black market. Lots of people have been saying this for years. As long as you play/pay the game..your good...free access to the US....but don't play ball....you're done!!!

Also...when the Military was getting killed in Iraq by the very police they were training..they started paying off the police and gangs by large amounts of money!! Not by the false.." we free'd them.., they love us now" oooo no...a lot of the violence was curbed in certain area's because certain tribes and people were getting paid..and we're talking more then just $!!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And just in case people don't want to read the long version.

The Sinaloa Cartel was allegedly permitted to traffic massive amounts of drugs across the U.S. border from 2004 to 2009

2004 - 2009

2004 - 2009

One more time.

2004 - 2009

I'm Game. Yep, Bush and his Administration were Bad. There. They did the same thing Obama and Holder did.

The even bigger allegation?

We both know YOU wont admit, or hold Obama to the same standards, you want EVERYONE to hold Bush for.

End of discussion.......
edit on 10-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Gonzalos had his hands in more then just this crime!! He covered up and lied about everything!!! Bad man! They all were in the bush admin!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Let's see..this stopped in 2009...what happened in 2009...oh right...Obama became President.

But that doesn't stop the OP or the rest of ATS from saying this is all Obama's fault.

I said nothing about it being Bush's fault...I don't have those facts to say who is at fault or not...we don't even have facts that what this guy who is trying to save his own ass is true.

All I am pointing out is that the OP is full of it trying to pin this on Obama when it took place between 2004 and 2009.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Let's see..this stopped in 2009...what happened in 2009...oh right...Obama became President.

But that doesn't stop the OP or the rest of ATS from saying this is all Obama's fault.

I said nothing about it being Bush's fault...I don't have those facts to say who is at fault or not...we don't even have facts that what this guy who is trying to save his own ass is true.

All I am pointing out is that the OP is full of it trying to pin this on Obama when it took place between 2004 and 2009.

How about what took place under Obamas watch??????

The current. The Present.

I admit 100% Bush was a bad man. His administration was a joke.

Why deflect the current Elephant, in the room ?

I expect more out of someone, with your intelligence.

Seriously.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Nobody cares.

They have been doing this for ages. No one, including congress, will do anything about it. Drug imports are the least of our problems.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Seems to be quite an incomplete picture being presented here after operation wide receiver was found out to be a total failure was stopped long before fast and furious.

It is also known that Iran who funds hamas and hezbollah are working with mexican drug cartels for anyone to say the US was the only one sending arms to those drugs cartles well aint truthful.

Those grenades and rpg didn't come from the US .

Take your pick Obama imperialism fighting the "war on terror" or the "war on drugs" or just did it to pass the Un small arms treaty.

Either way the current adminstraion fingerprints are all over Mexico in more ways than one.
edit on 10-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

How about what took place under Obamas watch??????

The current. The Present.

I admit 100% Bush was a bad man. His administration was a joke.

Great..you are psychic and have all the facts that no one else does.

Please take note...I'm not condemning Bush...I'm not excusing Obama.

The facts of this article are very shaky to say the least. The one thing I am pointing out is that the OP made an entire hit piece thread on Obama all based off something that happened in 2004-2009.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Please take note...I'm not condemning Bush...I'm not excusing Obama.

You dont need to be "psychic", to know something happened. Its been documented.

Its bad policy.

I can and will condemn Bush for his actions. I also will condemn Obama for his INACTION'S.

That is the difference between you and me Outkast. I don't buy into Party affiliation, nor do I stump for a loser, like Romney or Obama..

Be your own man, and step to the plate. Call it for what it is. Wrong.

BTW, Its invigorating..........

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The OP's linked story, if true, would fit the by now well known paradigm of the illegal drugs trade, that is, to keep the supply chain as narrow as possible in order to funnel profits to as few people as possible. One of the most important aspects of this trade is the role played by banks who launder the money. It would certainly be in some banker's interests to deal with one group of criminals rather than a dispersed number of groups who might launder their money all over the map.

It doesn't matter which administration is in Washington or who the President is. This is oligarchical business and the situation described in the OP's linked story fits the pattern very well.

Drugs will never be legalized and distributed through mechanisms that would distribute cash flow. They will always be kept illegal so that the cash flow is a tightly controlled, narrowly distributed flow which includes large money laundering profits for certain financial institutions.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oh yeah Democrats took control in congress in 2006 nice try blaming the republicans but that dog dont hunt.

Seems to me the left would have used anything to get their guy in the oval office but oh wait they did everything in their power to destroy Bush and yet not a peep about operation wide receiver.

Hmmm

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You will have to be more specific if you want me to call something wrong.

What exactly are you talking about, because it seems like you aren't talking about the topic of this thread at all and have gone off on your own little rant.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Sounds like an excuse everything was Bushs fault but Obama is as pure as a high school prom queen.
edit on 10-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sounds like an excuse everything was Bushs fault but Obama is as pure and high school prom queen.

Now go quote where I said this is Bush's fault.

While you are at it...tell me how this is Obama's fault like the OP claims when it took place between 2004 and 2009???

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You will have to be more specific if you want me to call something wrong.

What exactly are you talking about, because it seems like you aren't talking about the topic of this thread at all and have gone off on your own little rant.

Really......

We both know of Bush's operation.

We both know of Obama's "Fast and Furious" operation.

Playing "dumb", isn't getting you far.

Both are in the Wrong.

I would have held more respect for Obama, if he would have done the right thing, at the least, fired Holder, and forced him to tell what he knew.

Like I said. Me and you, wont see eye to eye, because your standards, of holding the current President libel, is skewed. You wont admit he was wrong, and you deflect, because of partisan bias. You cant say its not.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Bush was wrong!

Oh no! I said it and I am pretty damn big partisan myself.

That wasn't hard.

Obama guilty to!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join