It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Cartel Member Makes Explosive Allegation: ‘Fast and Furious’ Is Not What You Think It Is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

As I stated seconds before you:

Holder should've been the first one to investigate and put a stop to it..
He is "da' guy" responsible for"continuing" the operation IF it was just an ongoing thing. .

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So technically, Obama is or was supplying mexican cartels weapons to wipe out other drug cartels.

hmm.

Can we say "international felon"?

It comes down to this- who do I believe more-

A-The Obama administration who wont take responsibility?
- Or-
B- A known cartel member?

I will take B.

Im sure hes more honest than this administration will ever be.
...Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have done this about 4 times since being a member here (adding a thread of my own), so please forgive me, but I would like to add something to make a point about blame, and Mexico.... its NOT new, please read about the "School of the Americas"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I agree with your assessment. "how can you tell if a politician is lying? His mouth is open.".

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If this is true, the government of the Divided States of Amerika has killed thousands of people. All of the puzzle pieces are begining to fit together. The Governmet is the world biggest, most organized crime mob. They turn a profit on suffering,drugs,and deciet. If we are truly free as adults, why do we need some agency looking over our shoulder? That why drugs won't be legalized, they will loose profit. The banks are the biggest money launderers on the planet. They clean the blood money from drug sales to prop up failing instituitions.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so for lack of a better term its just like how SOA ended last year.... we picked a cartel to bring into power in hopes that when they seize power or wipe out their foes they remember the help our government gave them....would make sense why we are so mum on the issue and why we arent taking a greater role in trying to combat and stop the violence as we (the usa government) does not want to have things calm down tell we are in position of power and can continue meddling in things south of the border

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

How could Obama have been doing this, when the source of the OP stated it was from 2004-2009. You know who was president then, don't you? It wasn't Obama.

Lot of denial going on in this thread. The CIA has been in bed with the drug cartels for a long time. They got a real boost when Bush came into office and set up Project Gunrunner. That is the umbrella operation supplying guns to the cartels.

Do a lookup on "Project Gunrunner", it might open your eyes to the bigger picture. The OP wants to pretend this only has to do with fast and furious so he can blame Democrats, but is ignoring that it was a Republican administration that started it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

Yea I know about gunrunner. Bush is not free of blame when it comes down to what happened on his watch.

And fast and furious was on Obamas watch. Which this article is about. So lets not sit here and pretend that
Obama is just "doing what the last guy did" nonsense. What happened to hope and change?
More wars- more spying- more unemployed-more gun running-more bailouts-more everything bad.

Hell, it would seem to me by the amount of Bush bashing you guys do- that you would be the same way towards Obama when he is doing the same things you all screamed at Bush about(and still are).

Im not a republican- but I used to be years ago(when I didnt fully realize my political place),
So the whole bash Bush game really doesnt hurt my feelings. Hes scum, I know.
But so is your Dear Leader Obama..(he just gets caught more).

Im just tired of Obama fans being hypocrits.
I just wish you would all hold him accountable for the things he does rather then sit there all day making excuses for his worthless ass.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's like a mini version of what we did with Iran and Iraq in the 80's!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In a way, this wouldn't be at all surprising and, would actually almost be a sensible thing to do.... The reality is that drugs WILL come into America no matter what happens. Recruiting the top cartel seems like a good way of regulating the amount of drugs available (without actually legalising them) and reducing the number of players in the game, thus making it a more stable and controllable market... If you're bringing the drugs in in partnership you reduce the conflict involved in policing it which in turn reduces the amount of money involved in fighting an impossible war. You can control the amount of drugs coming in, reduce the instability within the mexican communities and American communities involved, know exactly who you're dealing with, what they're armed with, what they're up to and where they are and you're in a much stronger position to dictate terms. Meanwhile the cartels make money, get to move their product more easily and, ultimately, gain a monopoly on the market. It's win/win for the cartel and the
Govt ... Whether people like it or not the drug trade is not only unstoppable it's also a major business like any other legitimate business (just with an illegal product and more violence obviously) and, as such, the government will want to regulate it as best they can. The only ways to do this are; legalisation (never going to happen) or illegal deals with cartels... Backing one group is better than fighting fifty from a govt point of view......

I'm not condoning this or saying the cartels are a lovely, cuddly business or anything, just that, from a purely govt point of view, this is a pretty good move...

Edit: However, like the guy below me said, he's not exactly a super trustworthy source anyway ...
edit on 9-8-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Come on! This guy is in federal custody, and we are supposed to believe someone that will say anything to save their own skin? He tells a fascinating fairy-tale, but until substantial evidence can corroborate his claims? This is just another crook attempting to work the system. These people are professional liars and con artists. My guess is he has got quite a few murders under his belt, and is alleged to have contributed to depredation of the United States by trafficking large amounts of narcotics. I am supposed to believe a guy with a resume like that? Don't do the crime if you are not willing to do the time! He is trying everything in his power to make his stay in prison as easy as possible. That is what this ruse looks like to me.

Take what he is saying with a grain of salt. Maybe his story can be the next Oliver Stone movie? He is squealing like rat that is cornered. Besides, it is not like the government is going to talk about it at any great length. Nothing really happened to bring to light the whole story of Iran Contra. Yes, there was some theatrics in front of congress, and some guys were sent to jail. However, the true scope of the program remains a mystery to this day. If this gets to the office of the White House? I expect a lot of 5th amendment invocation, executive privilege, and the laundry list of national security concerns being cited. Just my humble opinion given the past track record regarding controversial activities by the US government.

At present, I am going to toss this guy's nonsense into the realm of fiction. Put this guy to trial, and if found guilty of crimes? Send him away for the rest of his days, or give him the juice if his crimes are serious enough to warrant the death penalty. Congress should continue their investigation, but I would put this guy's musing on the back burner. He is not necessarily a choir boy.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is why the death penalty would be perfect for government employees caught doing treasonous activities. Imagine if every politician who was caught in corruption got the death penalty, like in China or Korea. Maybe then, the government would be working for the people, once again, instead of their own selfish, greedy interests.

The people have to hold the politicians accountable, and we need politicians willing to put people to death for their treasonous activities. The people must demand this, or they will get what they have been getting...nothin' but corruptin'

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
So technically, Obama is or was supplying mexican cartels weapons to wipe out other drug cartels.

hmm.

Can we say "international felon"?

It comes down to this- who do I believe more-

A-The Obama administration who wont take responsibility?
- Or-
B- A known cartel member?

I will take B.

Im sure hes more honest than this administration will ever be.
...Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

Have you actually read the thread? The dates mentioned are prior to Obama taking office. What else would you like to blame him for that he wasn't actually around at the time to condone (assuming he was made aware even if he was)?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I remember two Border Agents that were put in jail for shooting a drug a smuggler in the a** during that time .Then that smuggler was permitted to enter the US without inspection from that time on . Now the people who allowed the smuggling didn't do it for free . Someone of great power in the US must have beenn getting some of the action off that deal . Sounds like crooked polititions .reply to post by jibeho

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Starts to make sense now.

Maybe those "Executive Privileged" papers contain this info ?

I bet they do !

Keep in mind also.......those papers could easily implicate Big Sis !!!!!-->

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano was Attorney General of Arizona from 1999 to 2002.

She was also Governor of Arizona from 2003 to 2009.

Janet had a lot of power from 1999 to 2009.

Might explain why Arizona has been a big target of the Feds under Obama !!

Maybe She is raving jealous now.

Are we getting the clear picture yet ?

here is one dead giveaway: Her "choice of words" is the telltale sign

Napolitano told the committee that stopping the southbound flow of guns into Mexico was “going to be of real priority interest over these coming months.”

That same day, Feb. 25, 2009, Attorney General Holder held a press conference in which he discussed a conversation he had had with the Mexican attorney general about guns being smuggled from the U.S. into Mexico. In the same press conference, Holder also highlighted the role of the ATF in stopping the gun smuggling.
YES !!! definitely a "real priority interest"

Obama's "Executive Privilege" is protecting Janet Napolitano too !!!

She is just as guilty

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Somehow this allegation if proven true, woulkd not supprize me. The drug war itself is a costly and lethal waste of time, lives and money. Enough Said.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I really don't see why this is such a surprise to people. We've known all along and have been saying that CIA and the US Gov deal in drug trafficking and get a lot of the funding for illegal operations from illegal drug trade.

It seems to me like people are making a big deal out of it now because they are trying to attribute, naively, decades of drug trade to their currently least favorite president.

The Bush family was MADE from illegal trade; and they pushed two of their family members into office, and people voted for them like idiots. Same thing with the current pres -- another marionette. And what do you think Romney will do if he wins? You think that man has the balls and the will to put an end to it? If anything, he is influenced more by his corporate handlers than any of the previous presidents; and that's only possible because we as a nation are getting more stupid and buy their guano without questions.

Please stop dividing people here and turning this into a partisan argument. Obama and his administration is no more nor less responsible for this than any other ahole and their cronies we've put in office.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Why get guns from us? Easy. First, they're free. Second once we start supplying guns, the cartels can always threaten to rat us out, so there's a measure of control they percieve. And like the other poster said "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" works from the other side too. With other cartels out of the picture, they can make drug money with impunity with no fear of getting caught or imprisoned.

The next step is that the cartel that we supported becomes a "legitimate" part of the Mexican government so they control the entire country, not just their territory.

Then the Mexican government is in our pocket. Because we put them there.

(I am an RN and get alerts regarding future pandemics. Once I get the required number of reply's I'll post the info I just got).

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The only surprise I see here is that we've heard anything about it and the one talking is still breathing. Most never live long enough to say much more than he has and I doubt he lives much longer either.

It's a little dated....but Barry Seal was an informant and one of the largest smugglers in history. He was very useful in shooting pictures of contraband going onto the wrong planes by very inconvenient people, headed north. All very political...and in the end, he was thanked for his help and service, convicted without that help even being allowed mention in his OWN case..then staked out to be killed by the cartels he burned. Which..happened very shortly there after. They made a movie about that one...It's a good one to watch and among the few BASED on a fully documented and true case/event.

He made Reagan look bad and endangered the double dealing of the Contra affair...so he died for it.

I want this blown open so far, we end with charges against people for crimes committed out to the very limits of statutes which govern such things. NO party or political considering. FRY them. The Mexican Civil War is at 40,000 dead civilians and still going strong. This isn't even bad policy, it's supporting a slaughter and this time...people who vote *KNOW* victims directly. Doom on them all...and get to the bottom of this, However many administrations the overall cess pool flows.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It's been known for a long time that a fraction of our shadow government has been selling arms and training the Mexican Drug Cartel --- big money in drugs and our government is right smack in the middle of all these dirty operations.

Part 1 Go to You Tube for other parts.

HERES PART 1 OF 6 OF THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS AND WHERE THEY GET THEIR WEAPONS FROM....WHICH THE MAJORITY COMES FROM THE UNITED STATES...FUELING THE DRUG WARS IN MEXICO.

Caps were that way on You Tube.

Follow the $$$$$ and there you will find men/women with no morals, no scruples, just greed and many are connected to our top leaders in Washington.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join