It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge storms over both poles.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by murch

A low off the east coast. A winter storm.
www.intellicast.com...

I know but it amused me. Like the flag total for this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here in Sydney today we have had gale-force winds all day long, and dark storm-clouds are coming in from the coast.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Snow at sea level is not normal.

Snow on hills is normal.

Its a rare occasion at sea level.

A "rare occasion"? Are you kidding me? It snows all over the world at sea level in different areas. In both poles, including here in the States, all over. Hell, it even snows in Scotland at sea level.

Listen, You might want to do some research next time prior to making such a reckless assumption. Not a big deal, but I have to say that I laughed out loud when I read that, and it's late here.

Well folks, I guess I better hit the old sackaroo and call it a night. ~$heopleNation

edit on 10-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch

You find ignorance amusing?
I don't.
edit on 8/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The flag total for this thread actually suggests that ignorance is pandemic

0p you already stated your mistake and I too learned something

The problem is no one actually reads posts and listens to people who present facts

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
The flag total for this thread actually suggests that ignorance is pandemic

0p you already stated your mistake and I too learned something

The problem is no one actually reads posts and listens to people who present facts

Thats what I find amusing. No-one actually reads the thread. Amusing in a dark way.

Perfect example of how people get taken in by MSM.

Maybe mods should let OP's kill their own threads. Would shoot this one like a rabid dog.
edit on 10-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Lol

Just realised I am trolling my own thread.

PS Phage: Lighten up. Smile.
edit on 10-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
On a serious note the latest graphic from nevin (the guy that posts on the artic storm) does show some significant ice break of from the the main ice pack.

neven1.typepad.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Adelaide weather for the next week is rain after Tuesday for 4 days, not real cold, mid teens , ahh just normal.. And we are in a direct line with Antarctica. Nothing to see here, move along.

edit on 10-8-2012 by douggie60 because: left a bit out.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Here outside Rockford Illinois USA there weather for this summer has been very hot until two days ago which the weather has done a 30 degree difference Fahrenheit. All the posts have been very informative. Keep up the good work people!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by outsidethesquare

Mate, I also live in Melbourne and was working down Kilsyth way yesterday and it felt like the temp. dropped about 5 degrees over the matter of minutes and then the rain came. But in Melbourne we often get four seasons in one day.
Its pretty normal.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Both polar regions are essentially large freezers that help regulate Earths temperature. Obviously severe weather conditions will occur due to the high/low pressure zones interacting with one another. I dont get what all the buzz is about? its the north/south pole this crap happens. I even herd it can snow in these regions, LoL.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

An unusually strong storm formed off the coast of Alaska on August 5, 2012, and tracked into the center of the Arctic Ocean, where it lingered for several days. The Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) aboard the Aqua satellite captured this image on August 7, 2012. The center of the storm was located in the middle of the Arctic Ocean at the time.

The storm had an unusually low central pressure area. “It’s an uncommon event, especially because it’s occurring in the summer,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for atmospheric sciences at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. “Polar lows are more usual in the winter.” Newman estimated that there have only been about eight storms of similar strength during the month of August over the past 34 years of satellite records.

“It seems that this storm has detached a large chunk of ice from the main sea ice pack,” said Claire Parkinson, a climate scientist at NASA Goddard who studies ice. “This could lead to a more serious decay of the summertime ice cover than would have been the case otherwise, even perhaps leading to a new Arctic sea ice minimum.”

Arctic storms can have a large impact on sea ice, causing it to melt rapidly. Storms can tear off large swaths of ice and push them to warmer sites; they can churn the ice and make it slushier; or they can pull warmer waters up from the depths of the Arctic Ocean. “Decades ago, a storm of the same magnitude would have been less likely to have as large an impact on the sea ice because the ice cover was thicker and more expansive,” Parkinson added.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Hey Groenland still has its ice?????? Thought it had melted for 97%? Wrong news?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
"MR President, PLEASE stop pushing that button"
"It will upset the weatherpatterns"

"What, oh right, sorry"

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Trueman
We need someone here to tell us if this is normal. It's important. Thanks op for let us know.

spoken like a true victim

I don't understand what you mean.

didn't mean to sound like a jerk (I am aware I can do that at times) but why not go and find out for yourself without waiting for someone else to save you? that's what I mean by "victim". don't curl up in a ball waiting for someone else to tell you, search and find and learn for yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
reply to post by munkey66

Snow at sea level is not normal.

Snow on hills is normal.

Its a rare occasion at sea level.

Yes, it is a rare occurrence, but it does happen

Although Hobart itself rarely receives snow during the winter, the adjacent Mount Wellington is often seen with a snowcap. Unseasonal mountain snow covering has been known to occur during the other seasons. During the 20th century, the city itself has received snowfalls at sea level on average only once every 15 years

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by teamhair

"The amount of 20th century warming is unknown, since it was recently revealed that unknown portions of the international temperature databases have been tampered with, and the amount and extent of the tampering has not been publicly documented. It is likely that some warming has continued into the 20th century, but it is also likely that the amount of warming is not as great as the 0.6 degrees C that the global warming advocates would lead us to believe"

A bit worrying considering this guy knows exactly what he is talking about and can clearly state that the information provided to the public has "been tampered with".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by murch

A low off the east coast. A winter storm.
www.intellicast.com...

Why is GPS off about 2 miles today? Does it have anything to do w/ last nights massive polar activity?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
How is it this id on ats front page? The storms at the poles have been proven false and yet peiple still continue to star and flag. Cant the op edit the original post? Stuff like this just reminds me how far ats has fallen in the last 3 years or so..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join