It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge storms over both poles.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'll be the first one to admit that i have absolutely no knowledge of weather on the poles. However, the recent heat waves , snow is unusual places in South Africa,etc, it makes you wonder what the heck is going on? Could the Japan EQ had this big of an affect? Can Solar activity affect the weather at all?

I can only speak from first hand info which is here in Arkansas. We have been bombarded by extreme heat, with little to no rain. It's actually been a quiet year for Tornadoes so far as well. I believe theres been only nine that were confirmed statewide. I read earlier it was the warmest July on record. I know records are meant to be broken, yet with everything going on it's making me scratch my head.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is awfully scary I hear the poles shift are in December and I'm taking a trip to Hawaii hope it happens when I get back

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Thank you Murch for the post and dancedwithwolves for the screenies. Phone not cooperating on the site links. This is really interesting, especially in light of the fubar weather patterns all over since this past winter.

I don't care what the causes of crazy weather are (whether caused by humans, regular long-cycle, solar system changes, galactic equator effect, haarp, algae blooms, gmo's, demons from the 13th dimension, the matrix programmers having some fun, etc.) - what ai care about is what I see and have seen happening, and figuring out where it's leading.

A warm winter in Chicagiland followed by a 3-month absolute drought with typical daytime highs between 95-105. The few rains we've had have been short and not-much, but accompanied by 80 mph winds, hail, and Texas-style lightning every half second. We've finally gotten a decent amount of rain the last couple weeks, and today was the first just "normal" rain without all the "end-of-days" stuff to go along with it lol. But young trees are mostly finished, and many large mature trees have died, or have shed anywhere from 20% to 90% of their leaves.

One year like this - no big deal, weaker trees die, stronger survive, and the next year they're extra healthy because their roots have dug so deep. However, what if -again, don't care the cause(s)-this is year 1 of a 60 year cycle? Or what if the current patterns are enough to keep tipping the scales / domino effect?

The more we waste time, thoughts, and resources mindleessly arguing this out as pea-brained left/right political dum-dums, the less we focus on the effects and what to do to cope with them. Eventually, we'll have cleaner energy, etc., but not soon enough if that's the problem. So let tech advances come in due time. For now, why not think more about what we're going to do when/ if xyz happens?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Don't get. Too excited. I've been down there three times with the navy and saw storms over Antartica that took a week to pass over McMurdo. Bigger than the USA map! Winds of well over 100mph. I was there 89/91 so maybe it was the sun spots...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mjumpman
This is awfully scary I hear the poles shift are in December and I'm taking a trip to Hawaii hope it happens when I get back

Pole shifts have happened many times, but they've never resulted in Earth spinning north to south. Its the magnetic fields that reverse. That itself can be bad because the field essentially shuts down and starts back up, making us a bit more vulnerable to meteors, solar flares, etc., but it isn't a huge deal. Do t believe the hype, its based on people who don't understand the science making nonsense claims about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thank you for this post this is very interesting indeed, so to help the OP i am providing some very helpful and amazingly informative links below.

Links for everything concerning the North Pole in regards to weather.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...
www.arctic.io...
www.nasa.gov...
saf.met.no...
www.arctic.io/zoom/XBSQ/0.5;0.4;1.7/Arctic-Cyclone-August-2012

Links for everything concerning the South Pole in regards to weather.
www.foresthillweather.com...
weather.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It would be cool if for once there would be a cloudless satellite picture of the North Pole. NOAA refuses to allow any clear shots of the north pole to be released nor any live satellite data.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

To claim abnormality one must first observe past observations.

Show that, or it's just an observation, not a panic.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mjumpman

If a pole shift happened it would take thousands of years, it wouldnt happen in a handful of months...

You and your Hawaii trip will be fine.... Have fun!

and dont worry...

edit on 9-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of storm over Antarctica that impacted Kurt Russell in John Carpenter's "The Thing". Didn't the Norwegians also require emergency medical assist? The most important point of this is that alien was PISSED!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Use global selection on left hand menu. This shows wave heights of 40 feet in the 2 areas.

Interesting it looks like a storm alright. And that's some big waves alright, it would be something to witness if you know it were not for the whole it may be fatal thing. But I can only describe it in one word...That word being....Gnarly.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All these sign's are increasing...World-Wide!

But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know and understand that its desolation has come near.
Luke 21:20

25 And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth [there will be] distress (trouble and anguish) of nations in bewilderment and perplexity [ without resources, left wanting, embarrassed, in doubt, not knowing which way to turn] at the roaring ( the echo) of the tossing of the sea,
26 Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the [very] powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter.
27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with great (transcendent and overwhelming) power and [all His kingly] glory (majesty and splendor).
28 Now when these things begin to occur, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption (deliverance) is drawing near. Luke Ch. 21

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

So basically what was predicted here has happened.

Greenland ice melts...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

mtkass.blogspot.co.nz...

it site this as causing Iceland Volcanoes to go and they already are..

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
People, what is happening over the South Pole is relatively normal.

What s happening over the North Pole is not.

What I continue to see is people commenting on ICE COVERAGE. This is only a part of the equation. The part we are not told is ICE VOLUME. These figures are worked out by computer models for the most part.

It is ice volume that is important and it is ice volume that is decreasing at an alarming rate. It is the decrease in ice volume that causes sea levels to rise. It is the decrease in ice volume that causes the salinity levels to drop until the Great Ocean Conveyer can no longer support itself.

If or I should say when the Great Ocean Conveyor fails the Northern Hemisphere will simply not come out of a winter and go into a mini ice age. The Great Ocean Conveyor is slowing.

P

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Im sure i have read/heard somewhere that if fluids are all moving in the same direction within a spherical path it will always cause a spiral/cyclonic pattern at the point of axis (i.e. the poles) has anyone looked into global weather patterns lately? It could be possible that it is a storm produced due to a lot of large weather systems moving in the same direction around the planet causing a cyclonic effect at the poles.

Im not at all well read on weather and how systems interact so if someone could verify or disprove what i have written please do as i would be a great insite

Asid

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
We need someone here to tell us if this is normal. It's important. Thanks op for let us know.

spoken like a true victim

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
People! Like many other members on this thread have posted you have to know past data. This is PERFECTLY normal, I'm a surfer and I'm literally ALWAYS looking at the global forecast because I'm always chasing swells around the globe and the southern hemisphere in the summer just above all of Antarctica they produce storms the size of a whole entire continent! These huge storms that get formed regularly last through southern point of south america, south Africa, Australia and the pacific islands before completely vanishing. No people this is not the day after tomorrow, almost every summer the Arctic creates storms like these every week. In fact I've seen bigger.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Now it would seem as though a strong storm is gearing up to hit Australia.

GALE-FORCE winds of up to 100km/h are expected to hit Sydney and the south and mid north coast of NSW.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Which happens ALL the time, western Australia gets hit with these storms straight on producing normal 40 to 60ft waves. Next week Australia is going to get hit with the next storm about the same size straight on as well as the week after that. That's why many of the best surfers come out of Australia because of these huge regular storms, which carry on through all of Australia into the south pacific.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
I am assuming a storm this size has got to have a global impact. Anyone from the southern hemisphere got anything to report.

This thread is about predicting a tsunami in Australia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this storm was to shift near to Australia could it cause a massive storm surge. Don't storms increase in strength over water.

Input appreciated.

No, but this MAY sum up part of the reason that the Gold Coasts beaches are closed due to erosion. They've been pounded by 4m surf for the past week and a half.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join