It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge storms over both poles.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am very curious as to what type of storm this is.

One thing many people forget about storms are the great benefits they provide to mankind. As an example, lightening from a thunderstorm helps keep the electrical balance between the earth and the atmosphere. Lightening also acts as a fertilizer accounting for roughly 10% of the nitrogen fertilizer needed for farming. When lightening flashes, it changes nitrogen gas in the air into nitrogen compounds which then fall to earth and into our soil.

So I am really curious, could we be seeing the Earth attempting to cleanse itself in some fashion?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was reading some of the re-searchers post...I seen a lot of " once in a life-time"

Even they sound a little worried/ excited...

Posted by: Artful Dodger | August 06, 2012 at 20:04

Given how much mixing, melting, moving, and general disruption of the Arctic sea ice is occurring and going to occur until Friday at least, it seems likely that all extent and area numbers are going to be very suspect until at least the weekend. The data is going to be as jumbled as the ice pack itself and subject to dramatic and unreliable spikes up and down. But by Sunday at the latest we should know what destruction the Great Arctic Cyclone of 2012 has brought in terms of sea ice and coastal erosion.

Posted by: R. Gates | August 06, 2012 at 21:09

No real storms?rme idiot!
edit on 9-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Have you seen an up- tic in lighting strikes starting in 2011...maybe before then...

Anyways...lots of people and things being struck...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not really. No real storms over either pole. But since it is winter there, the Southern Ocean is pretty nasty.

www.fnmoc.navy.mil...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I am very curious as to what type of storm this is.

It appears to be ATSier Imaginarious

There is currently high pressure over the south pole. Although, a few low pressure systems circulate the continent. As we would normally expect

The Arctic likekwise looks as strange and unusual as an Englishman eating roast beef for Sunday dinner.

Of course, if any one has real evidence of unsuual weather I'd be keen to hear about it. Any ATSers in McMurdo or Thule?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The unusual event has petered out in the North. As explained earlier the system in the south was found to be normal but impressive looking.

Where were you guys earlier on.

The northern event may have significant impact but will not be noticeable until next ice sheet calculation is done (next week I think) but seeing we are already breaking records for low coverage I can't imagine its going to be good news.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just to ad, South Africa has for the first time in history had snow in ALL 9 provinces. This is not normal as it has never happened before.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

The unusual event has petered out in the North. As explained earlier the system in the south was found to be normal but impressive looking.

A depression in the Arctic Ocean. Unusual but becoming more common apparently. Never mind it wasn't over the pole.
There was no "system" over the south pole.

edit on 8/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

The heavy rain temperature is much higher than the temperature of the ice poles; poles would melt drastically and rise sea levels, this storm cloud over the south pole seems artificial to me, and hasn't moved spot this past hour...If this coincides with the upcoming tsunami/earthquake prediction, I would not be surprised at all. HAARP made those storm clouds melting the north and south pole ice caps.
edit on 9-8-2012 by sgspecial19 because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, but I thought having a storm in the artic during the summer was an unusual event. The south pole pictures were taken out of context because I wasn't aware that the weather system in that area typically covers the area in high density cloud mass and rotates in the manner it does.

As to the event in the north

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Sorry if you know better.
edit on 9-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, but I thought having a storm in the artic during the summer was an unusual event. The south pole pictures were taken out of context because I wasn't aware that the weather system in that area typically covers the area in high density cloud mass and rotates in the manner it does.

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Don't mind the muppets jumping on every thread going "nothing wrong here", they are about the same as the people going "this is the end!" all the time; useless.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

reply to post by Phage

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Don't mind the muppets jumping on every thread going "nothing wrong here", they are about the same as the people going "this is the end!" all the time; useless.

Correction:

Don't mind the muppets jumping on every thread going "something wrong here", they are about the same as the people going "this is the end!" all the time; useless.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Just to ad, South Africa has for the first time in history had snow in ALL 9 provinces. This is not normal as it has never happened before.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The Earth is 4 billion years old. Man's evidence stretches back 250,000 years at least. Climate records for North America only go back a few hundred years and truly reliable ones, I only figure about 30. How far back do South Africa's records go in a reliable form? It's that "Never Happened" term that always kinda grates when we're all talking about weather on a planet we only know a tiny snapshot of history for.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

reply to post by Phage

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Correction:

Don't mind the muppets jumping on every thread going "something wrong here", they are about the same as the people going "this is the end!" all the time; useless.

I see you tried to make a funny, you failed.

Something COULD be out of the ordinary, but please do reply and make a fool of yourself.
edit on 9/8/12 by ThisIsNotReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Haarp is going crazy the past few days over california, it was ranging in the 5`s, today when i checked it isin the 9-10 range, think this has anything to do with this?
www.haarpstatus.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

No. And that site has nothing to do with HAARP.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

I did edit my post, apparently you didn't see it.
Yes, unusual for summer but becoming less so.

Ordinarily, the Beaufort Sea and the Arctic Ocean are dominated by high pressure, so having a low pressure system form and intensify here is quite uncommon. Although, it has been happening with more frequency over the past few decades as pressures have dropped significantly in the Arctic during this time and are projected to drop even more during the next century by the global climate models.

dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com...

So the storm in the Arctic (not over the pole) could be a sign of climate change.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

nice find.

And is this a coincidence. I did try to find a live cam but they are all down.
You can only view a time lapse movies from the camera from last month.

The Live Camera is down for the Winter. There will not be any more updates for a while.

You can also view time lapse movies from the camera.

This photo is of the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station taken every 15 minutes (if a relay satellite is available for transmission) from the roof of the National Science Foundation's Atmospheric Research Observatory (ARO) which houses NOAA/ESRL's Clean Air Facility. In order to preserve the life of the camera

Source

A other USAP

Due to the extreme austral winter temperatures, the South Pole webcam is currently disabled.  

Source

Now north pole never mind no live feed ,

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what the big deal is here. I've followed the weather as a hobby for a long time now and this is pretty normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I am also in Tasmania, the weather has been a little extreme. Really heavy rains with hail so much that cars are pulling off the road to wait. The winds have been so strong also. Then you get complete breaks thinking oh it is going to be fine and sunny now. The wind drops to where it is eerily still. Then in a few minutes ferocious stormy weather again. Has been like that for near on a week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join