It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge storms over both poles.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You are very welcome, Agit8dChop
but the credit for the web-site should go to Cherryontop from page two of this thread.
I don't think many bothered to even glance at the site.
I found it very well put together with intelligence quite informative and eye opening to say the least.
I'll be watching it for sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Goodnight. I need to do the same. Let's just continue this argument in 6 months or even twelve months when were all still here and winter came at the right time... Untill then God Bless you

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You could find me wrong in a thousand different ways.... However, I NOW know that there isn't even an inkling of enough data to make any speciulations or conclusions because we can't even go back even a hundred years accuratley on meterological data on the poles Let alone a number of years that would equate to anything...

And I got that from your site

edit on 8/11/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Here is a link to the strong winds that hit Sydney last night.

Not sure if there is any link what is happening at the poles.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You did not look at the links I posted, did you? Had you done so you may not have been so quick to criticize my choice of words.

Well at least you got a chance to feed your superiority complex even if you didn't learn anything.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Someones playing a harp, either upstairs or in alaska

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You are very welcome, Agit8dChop
but the credit for the web-site should go to Cherryontop from page two of this thread.
I don't think many bothered to even glance at the site.
I found it very well put together with intelligence quite informative and eye opening to say the least.
I'll be watching it for sure.

Well thanks for that. Next time I wont bother posting links in the opening post.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by andy06shake

I think the word "RARE" is what's in play here. Ugh, another duststorm hitting Pheonix. Although they hit 1-3 times a year, I hadn't heard of them until about a year ago.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

I remember seeing these up close and personal (and from the air) back in the 70's. Nothing new here and I definately wouldn't use the word RARE. Nothing to see here......move along.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
Casey Base, Antarctica weather data for June, July and August

Knock yourselves out.

Personally, I see nothing unusual.

Wind gusts in June peaked at 170 km/h, August hasn't even reached 125 yet...

edit on 9-8-2012 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I wonder if this has influenced the rescue mission underway that can be found in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An Australian medical team and government jet were sent to Antarctica Wednesday to assist in the rescue of an expeditioner from the United States' McMurdo Station base.

The Australian Antarctic Division, a branch of the government's environment department, said the US National Science Foundation had requested assistance in an emergency mission, the details of which were not immediately clear.

Further details were expected to be released later by US authorities.

Antarctic rescue mission underway
Thanks to Loam for the other thread.

I wonder if this storm is the cause of this rescue mission or has some how affected it.

edit on 9-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Niether is correct. An individual was determined to need urgent surgery. Nothing to do with the weather.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by teamhair

After looking I agree. The system in the south is large but not unexpected but may have some adverse affects on coastal regions in Australia. This area is where global weather is generated so can be expected to see large systems generated. Didn't realise how cold it gets there. I will be watching to see if it develops, though.

The north pole system is definitely more significant. reading the talk of rapid ice melt. Would never occur to me that this could be influenced by a storm.

Global weather is DEFINATELY NOT generated as you state. You're talking out your butt. The planets weather (both northern and southern hemispheres) is generated in and around the equator.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
i've been following the weather for a while now and have a modest weather monitor which logs daily data for review

it's been getting very weird for a couple of years now, but the last few days have been insane. Very harsh isolated thunderstorms here in Melbourne, Aus. Today we had rain, sun, huge wind, sleet, hail, sun, hail, sun, hail (with the sun out), massive wind again and antarctic wind chills. One day it's unseasonably warm (approaching the end of Winter here), then the next it's brutally cold for the area. It snowed in several places across vic today which isn't very normal for the areas involved.

live it up, it's all in good fun.

It sounds like Colorado.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
I have come to the conclusion that the Earth is absolutely getting warmer, but not necessarily due to humans. I believe the Earth is still coming out of the last Ice Age, so yes the average temp. of the Earth is getting warmer and ice caps and glaciers are melting, it's not "global warming" it's the Earth getting back to it's natural state.

...just found this as I was previewing my reply....

joannenova.com.au...

Agreed. Normal historical cycling.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

According to "Time news feed", this storm is a little uncommon, but not that unusual, it happened 8 times in 34 years, so once every 4.25 years. This storm will cause some ice melting, but the only difference between now and decades ago is that decades ago a a storm of the same magnitude would have been less likely to have as large an impact on the sea ice, because at that time the ice cover was thicker and more expansive

Originally posted by NASA
Arctic storms such as this one can have a large impact on the sea ice, causing it to melt rapidly through many mechanisms, such as tearing off large swaths of ice and pushing them to warmer sites, churning the ice and making it slushier, or lifting warmer waters from the depths of the Arctic Ocean. “It seems that this storm has detached a large chunk of ice from the main sea ice pack. This could lead to a more serious decay of the summertime ice cover than would have been the case otherwise, even perhaps leading to a new Arctic sea ice minimum,” said Claire Parkinson, a climate scientist with NASA Goddard. “Decades ago, a storm of the same magnitude would have been less likely to have as large an impact on the sea ice, because at that time the ice cover was thicker and more expansive.

Article from Time

Although this isn't a world ending event or anything like that, it just seem like all these things that happen every 5 or 10 or 30 years are happening right now,crazy heat, drought, flood, snow in unusual place, earthquakes in unusual places, all happening at the same time. So one might say that these things do happened form time and it's normal, but what's not really normal that it's all happening at the same time.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

We need someone here to tell us if this is normal. It's important. Thanks op for let us know.

spoken like a true victim

I don't understand what you mean.

didn't mean to sound like a jerk (I am aware I can do that at times) but why not go and find out for yourself without waiting for someone else to save you? that's what I mean by "victim". don't curl up in a ball waiting for someone else to tell you, search and find and learn for yourself.

Consider many times when you come to ATS just for few minnutes before you got to go work or something else, got no time and have to rely in other members. Also, we have a few weather experts that are very trustable and I always like to read their posts and learn.

Besides that, I didn't ask anyone to "save me", I don't understand why you made up that.

I believe you got issues. Please, don't reply my posts ever again, I'll do the same with yours. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

We need someone here to tell us if this is normal. It's important. Thanks op for let us know.

Yes weather is normal for our planet. We have weather every day here.

First thing you need to learn is to READ AT LEAST THE TITLE of the thread, not talking about regular weather, it says HUGE STORMS OVER BOTH POLES.

As you see (I hope), your comments equals zero. Better opinions can be found at the bar.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

this is normal. there, you happy now?

So I have to trust you, based in that simple, lack of support, cheap comment.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I watch this almost everyday www.surfline.com... and in the summer the southern hemisphere that's how it usually looks. Lol guys you are talking out of your ass, of course surfers are not going to surf those storms HEAD ON but in western australia as its getting closer but not there yet it gives a swell with offshore winds, lol and surfers do surf in storms that's what brings swells, waves don't always come on a sunny day, just because every picture or video you see is in a sunny day it does not mean its the only time surfers go surf, sometime even surfers go out on really choppy big days because we just want to surf, But those same storms pass over through australia and give out monster swells to pacific islands like new zealand, fiji, Tahiti. Which people for the last time if you have never looked at the weather before constantly before this then your really just assuming, but again this is perfectly normal. In fact for the past year i've been wanting to live in Australia because of all those storms that pass through australia.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I thought I acquiesced on the tone, so why are you bent out of shape? is this how you solve your issues, by ignoring people? no problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

this is normal. there, you happy now?

So I have to trust you, based in that simple, lack of support, cheap comment.

wow you do have issues

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join